Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

What's the phone number of the XDHK2 phone part please ? B)

I can't download the part3 of the XDHK2 ROM uploaded by secany. "The uploader has removed this file from the server. " Can someone share it or secany if you can reupload it please...

Sorry, but I have no clue, as I have not flashed it. I won't start to dig it out from the binaries... B)

XDHK2 was posted in another topic as well. and you can also find it via Google. However, you will have to flash CSC from an English ROM (DT or DX for example) if you don't want to learn Hungarian. B)

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

I could finally upload my dump from the Omnia, original Samsung ROM JUHH1/JVHH1. The links can be found here. I hope this helps someone B)

NOTE: I did not test it, did not try to flash using it. Just wanted to have some sort of _backup_. Any volunteers, comments are welcome B) Unfortunately, I cannot take any form of responsibility.

Guest klicker4546

Edit: Forget about my question! I've found a solution.

Hello all, hello Secany,

I don't know if it's a little off-topic here to ask. I've downloaded and extracted the latest official German update from the Samsung update site. Now I wanna edit the ROM and can't get it working, because the extraction with the romkitchen fails.

Secany, if you have the latest German ROM, could you please tell me the exact file size. The Update.exe I get is 159,741,477 bytes large. If I try the extraction with one of your ROMs it works like a charm and the file is about 10 MB smaller.

Does anyone know why it fails?

Edited by klicker4546

I am upload i900XIHK2 Italian B)

Will send the link to list soon.

Regards,

ken.

oh god... i flashed from HJ6 to HK1 yesterday!

could somebody tell me if it's worth flashing to XIHK2 rom and insert DXHK1 CSC? will the radio be HK2 too?

thanks,

lufeig

Guest panateo
oh god... i flashed from HJ6 to HK1 yesterday!

could somebody tell me if it's worth flashing to XIHK2 rom and insert DXHK1 CSC? will the radio be HK2 too?

thanks,

lufeig

XI is in Italian, even changing the CSC, it will remains in IT language.

Guest panateo
Will this ROM include the XXHK2 radio ? B)

Well, we don't know yet.. but usually, on the latest ROMs, the radio doesn't follow the same numbering of the PDA part, except for the Asian's ones.

We will see..

XI is in Italian, even changing the CSC, it will remains in IT language.

really? i flashed XDHK2 (XD Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia) so my i900 was in hungarian language. then i inserted DXHK1 CSC and it became english.

i thought it would be the same for the XI...  B)

Guest mhmtmtl
I could finally upload my dump from the Omnia, original Samsung ROM JUHH1/JVHH1. The links can be found here. I hope this helps someone B)

NOTE: I did not test it, did not try to flash using it. Just wanted to have some sort of _backup_. Any volunteers, comments are welcome B) Unfortunately, I cannot take any form of responsibility.

have you tried flashing it back yet?

really? i flashed XDHK2 (XD Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia) so my i900 was in hungarian language. then i inserted DXHK1 CSC and it became english.

i thought it would be the same for the XI...  B)

I believe it works the same way for XI (and all other) ROMs. B)

Guest panateo

i thought it would be the same for the XI... B)

In the XD version, the language is in the CSC, since MS doesn't provide WM ROMs with Czech language, replacing the CSC with a "standard" one, like for IT or EN, it returns in English.

If you try with an Italian ROM, the language will remains IT (of course if you don't use an "XD" CSC). Anyway, try and let us know..

Guest Lowbytes

My feeling is that this phone is holy crap.

With the latest german rom - battery life iss less than 1 day.

No Phoning only a few E-Mails (maybe 5 to 10).

But the worst thing is: E-Mail notification is working only sometimes.

Yesterday i did a Hardreset an resync my Phonebook over UMTS connection

to my exchange server. But sometimes it plays sound sometimes not.

This bug was the same with the firmeware that was flashed when i got the device

So i think i have to return my phone to a samsung repair center.

But i feel that they will not fix the problem cause i think they´ll not check it out.

I do not want to try if it will notify a sms - maybe the same problem with sms sounds.

Any suggestion for a fix?

I try to find any sound file on the phone by using the search function. I noticed that

the opening of the windows partition (tree) of the my device path took such a long time.

Same with using the fileexplorer - clicking on the system path windows locks the phone

with the ce busy sign for abt 2 minutes. Maybe this is the problem.

Slow access to the file system? I think that if a message arrives, system try to open

the chosen soundfile - and bang.....

But maybe im totally wrong!!!!!

So please - any help will be welcome!!!

Guest Geronymous
You look expert to me in the 3G & WiFi connections so you may be able to help.

Although I have the WiFi connected, but whenever I try to get my email, the 3G starts and it prevail, and ofcourse it is costly. how can I use WiFi only if both are available ?

Thanks

Hi M... I'm definitely not an expert unfortunately... on my Omnia I have the impression that it does do what it should do, which is use Wifi; but I have no idea what could be the cause it is using 3G on your Omnia instead...

Any real expert out there? B)

okay i'm lost. which is the latest ROM in english???

Depends on whether you mean what has been released by Secany to the special e-mail list or in here. In here, I believe it might be DTHJ9 but I might be wrong. Just scroll up the thread from the last page and you should be able to figure out which one is which B)

My feeling is that this phone is holy crap.

With the latest german rom - battery life iss less than 1 day.

No Phoning only a few E-Mails (maybe 5 to 10).

But the worst thing is: E-Mail notification is working only sometimes.

Yesterday i did a Hardreset an resync my Phonebook over UMTS connection

to my exchange server. But sometimes it plays sound sometimes not.

This bug was the same with the firmeware that was flashed when i got the device

So i think i have to return my phone to a samsung repair center.

But i feel that they will not fix the problem cause i think they´ll not check it out.

I do not want to try if it will notify a sms - maybe the same problem with sms sounds.

Any suggestion for a fix?

I try to find any sound file on the phone by using the search function. I noticed that

the opening of the windows partition (tree) of the my device path took such a long time.

Same with using the fileexplorer - clicking on the system path windows locks the phone

with the ce busy sign for abt 2 minutes. Maybe this is the problem.

Slow access to the file system? I think that if a message arrives, system try to open

the chosen soundfile - and bang.....

But maybe im totally wrong!!!!!

So please - any help will be welcome!!!

Hi mate,

I used quite a lot of WM device, and I feel that the i900 is one of the best. I don't have such issues like you have, can you please try the i900DXHK1 rom which I send to you?

Regards,

Ken.

Hi,

Just a small update before I go grab some food.

i900XIHK2 Italian will send to list today,

and i900DXHK2 (yes, correct, i900DXHK2) on some counting down step B)

Regards,

Ken.

Guest marciorr
Hi,

Just a small update before I go grab some food.

i900XIHK2 Italian will send to list today,

and i900DXHK2 (yes, correct, i900DXHK2) on some counting down step B)

Regards,

Ken.

Great news Ken! HK1 is working great for me, can´t wait for the HK2.

Regards,

Marcio.

Guest Mark_in_VA

Hi Ken,

Thanks for welcoming me into your donor group, and for the list of ROMs recently sent.

I am a bit confused and, before I go and download something, I have a question. Is the HK1 ROM in English? From the description, it seems only Italian, but I wanted to be sure. My plan is to wait for the latest Engligh ROM for use in the USA.

Thanks, and please don't rush to make one just for me. I can be patient.

Mark