Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest Barthlon

WOW

i've been on dxhk1 since thursday-friday night and since then i did not need to plug it in yet, still around 20/30 % battery.

before this it lasted exactly 3 days on almost all roms i tried, now i'm gonna hit the 4-4.5 days easily, quite an improvement i must say B)

anyone else noticed this or is it just placebo again?

but, i think (not toally sure) also noticed that this rom is not as fast in the menu's as the hungarian hk2 was, so i think it lasts longer because the speed decreaded a little. the loading of the samsung main menu also takes quite some time, but that can also be because of the "skin" i'm using for it...

i saw passoa already made a custom manilla rom based on this one, so i'll check that one out soon.

Guest Barthlon
Hi Ken,

Thanks for welcoming me into your donor group, and for the list of ROMs recently sent.

I am a bit confused and, before I go and download something, I have a question. Is the HK1 ROM in English? From the description, it seems only Italian, but I wanted to be sure. My plan is to wait for the latest Engligh ROM for use in the USA.

Thanks, and please don't rush to make one just for me. I can be patient.

Mark

it depends on what is in front of the hk1, if it's dx it's english, if it's xj it's spanish etc.

dxhk1 is latest full english rom at this moment. or you can use the hungarian xdhk2 with an english csc B)

Guest markwica
Hi,

Just a small update before I go grab some food.

i900XIHK2 Italian will send to list today,

and i900DXHK2 (yes, correct, i900DXHK2) on some counting down step B)

Regards,

Ken.

Hi, Ken, can you also provide with new i900DXHK2 a change log compared to i900DXHK1 and/or any advantages on why I should upgrade, because I only recently upgraded to i900DXHK1.

Will it be worth it? B)

Guest Barthlon
Hi, Ken, can you also provide with new i900DXHK2 a change log compared to i900DXHK1 and/or any advantages on why I should upgrade, because I only recently upgraded to i900DXHK1.

Will it be worth it? B)

as you can see from my post above, i only hope they cranked up the (menu)speed a little bit and maybe fix some bugs, but for the rest i love hk1 as it is B)

Guest explorer1

DXHK1 can be found on some other forums and sharing sites. Are they the same ROM with the one that Secany distributed to donators? If yes, as it has been distributed by some others I would ask to Secany to release it as well.

Hi ken

Thank u for adding me to the list, I have 3 questions , at the beginning of the rom list, you said Grandprix manual :

1- However, I can still use the modem and windows XP , right ?

2- I also assume that I will not be needing the DXHK1.csc file in this case , as long as I need an English rom . right ?

3- both points above will also apply to the coming DXHK2 . right ?

Thanks a lot again.

M Seif

Hi,

Just a small update before I go grab some food.

i900XIHK2 Italian will send to list today,

and i900DXHK2 (yes, correct, i900DXHK2) on some counting down step B)

Regards,

Ken.

i900DXHK2 will send with XIHK2?

Ya! I noticed that there is some leaked link of i900DXHK1. Then it changed my plan a bit on releasing i900DXHK2. I also found out who leaked the rom, so I issued a full refund then removed from the list. Did I do something wrong?

Ya! I noticed that there is some leaked link of i900DXHK1. Then it changed my plan a bit on releasing i900DXHK2. I also found out who leaked the rom, so I issued a full refund then removed from the list. Did I do something wrong?

You issued a full refund, that’s nice of you as most people would just removed them without a refund.

I am unfortunately not all that surprised, and it will probably happen again. I say ignore it and count on one thing:

the community here trusts you as to the safety of your ROMS, and this is important (to me at least).

If any of your original links are leaked, then I would kill the link, and create a new one.

If anyone finds a ROM image elsewhere, it's their decision to take a chance or not. I'd rather not.

Guest Lowbytes

@secany

I also had a lot of windows based handheld devices and phones

And more or less they all had many problems

Reception ---- nearly any other phone has better reception than winmo phones

Battery life --- never had any non windows phone that had such a bad standby-

4 example my e90 comunicator ........ more than 4 days E61i same.

But enough of crying ----- it was my choice- and power is coming right out

of my wall outlet ;-) (lol do not know if this is correct in english - finished

shool 30 years ago - so my english is lost somewhere in the deepth of the universe)

Back to topic - untill 2day i´m only using the official BHHJ3 German update.

Yes i´m sure most of you do not have problems with notifications cause

maybe you all use the phone for phoning.

I´m using the phone up to 90 percent only for E-Mailing

if i receive 50 mails and only get 5 or 6 times a message tone there´s

nothing more to say as bulls..t

I´ts frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is not a hardware related problem.

I´ve disconnected the Phone this mornig 7:30 from mains,

wrote 6 mails got 20 mails (only 1 time tone)

and now 20:30 i´m on 35% LiOn capacity left.

Whats wrong here??????????

Guest Barthlon

man i think we all totally agree with your decision. i just hope you don't mean you're gonna stall the release of hk2 because of this B)

What a strange story is happening here... It seems that now every donator signs a contract of non-disclosure or something?! Hey guys! You are so funny here with your on-line shop of pirated ROMs.

I am unfortunately not all that surprised, and it will probably happen again. I say ignore it and count on one thing:

the community here trusts you as to the safety of your ROMS, and this is important (to me at least).

If any of your original links are leaked, then I would kill the link, and create a new one.

man i think we all totally agree with your decision. i just hope you don't mean you're gonna stall the release of hk2 because of this

lickspittles! Do you think a minute before posting this crap?! Secany leaks ROMs for money and it is OK, but when it is for free - it's a crime?!

Yeaaa! You are totaly wrong. You are using a property that do not belongs to you to earn money and you are so pathetic in your attempt to protect you income...

Guest Kings Lee
Yeaaa! You are totaly wrong. You are using a property that do not belongs to you to earn money and you are so pathetic in your attempt to protect you income...

secany has explained his issue, as he needs to pay for uploading, and probably also needs to pay for hosting the file as well. why can't he accept some donation so as to compensate for the uploading cost? he will still share it with the rest of us after a few days the donators get the ROMs first as a little privilege.

just can't stand seeing guys forcing people to 'share'... why don't you share your wife/house/whatsoever with us?

to show some support, my donation no.: 8AK686177W971735R

Lets see you go and find/research all the latest ROMs for our devices. Secany has done a great service to this forum by finding these ROMs (not too sure how he does it!). Nobody else is releasing ROMs for the Omnia that are as up to date as Secany's (at least not as consistently).

Anyway he is not charging anybody for his ROMs, he is only asking for a donation which I was happy enough to give.

Everybody else I am sure is happy with what he has provided and not moaned.

Mate, I don't think that I have to argue with you.

The fact is, some people having issue with paypal, they PM me and let me know, and I'm more than happy to add them to list if they are not so negative, also people who contributed to OMNIA's community, I'm glad that they send me PM and give me permission to add add them to list.

I do understand that people always act "I want newest", "I want the best", "I want no risky", "My rom language first", "me first"... after they got what they want, they clear their ass and walk away without a thank. Mate, we are human, we have rights to ask, but we have to respect other people's rights too!

If you have problem with paypal, you can let me know. I can not read through the 93 pages thread and find people have problem. You don't have to act negative without some non-sense action.

By the way, russian lastest version still PUHJ2. Have you understand now?

Regards,

Ken

Guest omnia newbie

hi Secany.. you doing great work! for communtiy leaking/testing rom for Samsung benefit!?B) anyway, as a user I am more happy with omnia product now.. thank you mate..

Regarding the issue of donation...i think people is missing the points!... IS SECANY MAKING ALOT OF MONEY/PROFIT HERE!.. we never know.! the second point IS SECANY DESERVED TO HAVE LARGE PROFIT!?.. the 3rd points IS ANYONE HERE JEALOUS ABOUT THE EXCLUSIVITY OF ROM RELEASE FROM SECANY?

A lot of monies............millions ? B) or hundred of thousands ? B) then you might tend to agree with 200mpx or few hundreds/thousands.....I show support for Secany!.....

@secany

I also had a lot of windows based handheld devices and phones

And more or less they all had many problems

Reception ---- nearly any other phone has better reception than winmo phones

Battery life --- never had any non windows phone that had such a bad standby-

4 example my e90 comunicator ........ more than 4 days E61i same.

But enough of crying ----- it was my choice- and power is coming right out

of my wall outlet ;-) (lol do not know if this is correct in english - finished

shool 30 years ago - so my english is lost somewhere in the deepth of the universe)

Back to topic - untill 2day i´m only using the official BHHJ3 German update.

Yes i´m sure most of you do not have problems with notifications cause

maybe you all use the phone for phoning.

I´m using the phone up to 90 percent only for E-Mailing

if i receive 50 mails and only get 5 or 6 times a message tone there´s

nothing more to say as bulls..t

I´ts frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is not a hardware related problem.

I´ve disconnected the Phone this mornig 7:30 from mains,

wrote 6 mails got 20 mails (only 1 time tone)

and now 20:30 i´m on 35% LiOn capacity left.

Whats wrong here??????????

Hi Lowbytes,

I use my phone for e-mail to. I have i900, an iphone, 1 iphone 3G, 1 8800 Arte, 1 i8510, 1 softbank 920SC, some old WM phone, some Symbian phone, Except the Softbank can not use 3G (heavily locked, branded to Softbank), the 8800 Arte battery performance is the best, i8510 line-up, then the i900. Iphone 3G is the worst (with things called Push and Fetch turned on, the battery can not last than 18 hours). I set them connect to mail server once per half an hour. I have no problem at all with e-mail notify. Are you using an MP3 or something as an e-mail notify tone? How is your LCD brightness settings? Did you turn on both bluetooth and wifi? How about some self problem like SPB, Manila, etc...? How about your today setting, a lot of icon, dll? Please let me know so we can figure out the problem B)

Regards,

Ken.

Guest jakeordie
The fact is, some people having issue with paypal, they PM me and let me know, and I'm more than happy to add them to list if they are not so negative, also people who contributed to OMNIA's community, I'm glad that they send me PM and give me permission to add add them to list.

As I recall, I sent you money despite my issue with Paypal and you cussed me out. Let me offer again to send you a money order for a generous amount, just PM me your real name & address.

As I recall, I sent you money despite my issue with Paypal and you cussed me out. Let me offer again to send you a money order for a generous amount, just PM me your real name & address.

Are you the person who sent me 0.26$? B)

Err, sorry, I think I missed some post and I haven't read your post about that 0.26$. There is a place for you to leave me an message on paypal. You did leave nothing there, then how can I know there is a problem???

You also didn't PMs me the reason or your problem. You did a donate with

Donate amount = 0.26$

Paypal fee = 0.26$

Total = 0$

And send me ONLY the donate confirmation ID. How can I know you have a problem? What would you do if you were in my situation? You are assuming that you have donated 0.26$, and send me ONLY the confirmation ID, that make me think you are offence me, mate.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

If you've got Paul's e-mail (I assume that is a certificate of motivation in forum), I will be very glad to have your e-mail address on my list.

Regards,

Ken.

Edited by secany

Guest jakeordie
Are you the person who sent me 0.26$ or 1$? B)

You require donation, and I do not want to ask for something in return for nothing. I have issue with Paypal, and cannot send more money using this payment method. I was not expecting the angry response I received from you, and I am willing to donate more but do not want to make you angry a second time. So please let me know what amount is suitable & I will send you a money order.