Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

You require donation, and I do not want to ask for something in return for nothing. I have issue with Paypal, and cannot send more money using this payment method. I was not expecting the angry response I received from you, and I am willing to donate more but do not want to make you angry a second time. So please let me know what amount is suitable & I will send you a money order.

Just edited my post. Please read agian.

Forget to say, based your detail on paypal

Name:

J*** B**** (The sender of this payment is Verified) Email:

ja******@gmail.com

How can I know that an Verified account have an issue with paypal???

Let's sort it out on PM or E-mail, this thread is a public place, arguing on public place isn't a good idea. We have to respect other reader too. B)

Edited by secany

Guest pdaphonemaster
Yeaaa! You are totaly wrong. You are using a property that do not belongs to you to earn money and you are so pathetic in your attempt to protect you income...

You are entitled to have your opinion.

All I can say is that Secany has been providing a service to the Omnia community. His services benefit not only those who recieve his roms but also Samsung as well as we are unofficial beta testers. I am sure that Samsung would not mind what is going on here as they are getting free beta testers here.

I live in Australia as well and also on Optus (as Secany) where uploading to internet is a pain since there is a spped cap on uploading (mine is 64k bpm) so uploading 140m file would take between 1-2 hours at least. So, I could understand extra cost Secany might rake up by regularly uploading large files on to the net. So, it is perfectly understanable that he asks for small donations to cover costs so that he will not lose his own money by providing this service.

I for one was one of the early donators (I think) and I am thinking of another donation to keep Secany motivated to keep up his good work.

Secany, Ignore the sour grapes and keep up the good work.

Regards,

Guest jakeordie
What would you do if you were in my situation?

For the record, I would never end up in the situation you are in now. But since you asked,

1. Let the community know who you are and how you have the ability to distribute these ROMs. I know you as either Secany, Ken or Hung Chieu...this is not an encouraging start to doing business with you. You have my name, e-mail and street address so give me yours and I send you more money.

2. Post the ROMs for all, and encourage people to donate without requiring it. You would make more money & more people would benefit.

3. If you insist on mandatory donation, name your price. This will also make you more money, and save wear & tear on your computer's F key. I didn't know that you would get nothing from my donation, and the word usually implies that any amount is welcomed.

4. Don't announce the ROMs before you have them uploaded & ready to link. When you make people wait, they will donate less or perhaps wait to hear the reviews before they bite the bullet. Again, more money for you.

5. Switch from Rapidshare to Mediafire or similar upload service. I was one of many who made use of Paul's mirrors.

Is there some reason why you won't do these things?

Guest mobilehappy
For the record, I would never end up in the situation you are in now. But since you asked,

1. Let the community know who you are and how you have the ability to distribute these ROMs. I know you as either Secany, Ken or Hung Chieu...this is not an encouraging start to doing business with you. You have my name, e-mail and street address so give me yours and I send you more money.

2. Post the ROMs for all, and encourage people to donate without requiring it. You would make more money & more people would benefit.

3. If you insist on mandatory donation, name your price. This will also make you more money, and save wear & tear on your computer's F key. I didn't know that you would get nothing from my donation, and the word usually implies that any amount is welcomed.

4. Don't announce the ROMs before you have them uploaded & ready to link. When you make people wait, they will donate less or perhaps wait to hear the reviews before they bite the bullet. Again, more money for you.

5. Switch from Rapidshare to Mediafire or similar upload service. I was one of many who made use of Paul's mirrors.

Is there some reason why you won't do these things?

1. If he for some reason do not want to divulge his identity, then that is his right.

If you do not want to dontate/send money to someone you dont know, well then the choice is easy..just do not do it.

This is a voluntary donation and there are many who have donated and already gotten early access to the updated ROMS, so if you want early access the the choice is easy... just do it!

2. He has already posted ROMS for all, and has also stated that the new ROMS will be made available eventually.

So basically if you do not want to donate in advance, you can still get the ROMS after a little wait.

If you like them you can then always also donate after you have recived them if that suits you better B)

And dont forget most ROMS used by members of this forum and all the cooked ROMS are curtasy of Secany's released ROMS, so just based on this you should be willing to Donate to him B)

3. This is not in spirit with the term donation, then it would just be a purchase.

But all dontaions should atleast be over 1 USD. (Personally i think the services he has provided and is providing warants a much higher donation than that)

4. This might be good advice, but its also important to know if other newer versions are coming soon.

5. This might also be a good idea.

As a donator i am happy to report that i just got XIHK2 B)

Edited by mobilehappy

Jake, I've been watching you post on and off and each time, you want to know Secany's name and mailing address. I'm not sure why this would be important to you. You say you don't know who he is. But we don't know who you are either. You could be the same person who posts under a different user name here blasting Secany or another person posting in support of him. All to carry out your own personal campaign. I for one would be very wary of somebody like you who keeps insisting that I reveal who I am without disclosing your own details ... Sure, you'll say that Secany has your name and street address etc. from PayPal but is any of that real to begin with? You don't know about Secany and in the same manner, I believe Secany doesn't know about you either ....

This is the other refrain which appears over and over here. Every person rallying under this banner seems to conveniently miss the fact that Secany does release the ROMs for all ... only after a delay. So basically what you're saying is "I want it now, and I don't want to pay for it or wait for it". Doesn't sound very reasonable now does it?

Let's be realistic here, sending $0.26 and thinking that is enough, who would do that except for somebody who wanted something for nothing? If I were to send donation, I would probably think that $5 would be the least I would send. But that depends on my financial situation, the country I'm from, the exchange rate and so on. so it would of course vary for other people. And as Secany has mentioned, he lets people who help in the forums, or who help the community, or who have issues sending payment - if you contact him and let him know. If you simply think "I'm deserving and have to be there and Secany should have ESP and figure this out!" then nothing's gonna happen, is it?

I think you're convinced that Secany wants money. So nothing will dissuade you from your notions. However, I see the early announcements the same as previews on TV - a taste of what's to come. Plus, sometimes I'll hold off on flashing a ROM because I know something else is coming up which is better ...

But this is all my opinion. I'm sure you have your own and none of the above will change what you think B)

Jake, I've been watching you post on and off and each time, you want to know Secany's name and mailing address. I'm not sure why this would be important to you. You say you don't know who he is. But we don't know who you are either. You could be the same person who posts under a different user name here blasting Secany or another person posting in support of him. All to carry out your own personal campaign. I for one would be very wary of somebody like you who keeps insisting that I reveal who I am without disclosing your own details ... Sure, you'll say that Secany has your name and street address etc. from PayPal but is any of that real to begin with? You don't know about Secany and in the same manner, I believe Secany doesn't know about you either ....

This is the other refrain which appears over and over here. Every person rallying under this banner seems to conveniently miss the fact that Secany does release the ROMs for all ... only after a delay. So basically what you're saying is "I want it now, and I don't want to pay for it or wait for it". Doesn't sound very reasonable now does it?

Let's be realistic here, sending $0.26 and thinking that is enough, who would do that except for somebody who wanted something for nothing? If I were to send donation, I would probably think that $5 would be the least I would send. But that depends on my financial situation, the country I'm from, the exchange rate and so on. so it would of course vary for other people. And as Secany has mentioned, he lets people who help in the forums, or who help the community, or who have issues sending payment - if you contact him and let him know. If you simply think "I'm deserving and have to be there and Secany should have ESP and figure this out!" then nothing's gonna happen, is it?

I think you're convinced that Secany wants money. So nothing will dissuade you from your notions. However, I see the early announcements the same as previews on TV - a taste of what's to come. Plus, sometimes I'll hold off on flashing a ROM because I know something else is coming up which is better ...

But this is all my opinion. I'm sure you have your own and none of the above will change what you think B)

i totally agree with what you said here.

i've been a quiet member here for awhile, i think we shouldn't get in to something like this here. someone who doesn't want to donate, don't have to. but Secany also has right not to take donate from someone who doesn't trust him and of course not sending him the roms. that's end of conversation. we're here to make better community, Secany tries to help us, someone doesn't like it can leave

Guest jakeordie

The utter lack of any coherent logic & reasoning in your post is proof of the fact that you have absolutely no idea of what is going on here. If you've been following my posts, you would know that I cannot donate more than 26 cents using Paypal. So I would like to send Secany a donation by money order. For him to get it & cash it, I need his name & address. You don't need to know who I am because I am not doing business here as Secany is. I am not blasting anyone, but I must admit that I am personally offended by Secany's use of foul language in response to my Paypal donation. My only personal campaign is to make best use of my Omnia. You have no right to question my identity, as I do not need multiple names for use in distributing intellectual property of questionable ownership for financial gain. Secany has proven that he does know about me by posting masked details of mine in this thread.

I don't remember demanding anything, and again you have missed the fact that every post of mine in this thread has been an attempt to donate money to Secany.

Let me see if I understand what you're saying here. Your donation amount would depend on circumstances. Secany understands, so he makes allowances for people who have issues sending payment. All one needs to do is contact Secany and explain the situation.

This is exactly what I am doing, except for the fact that I am willing to make whatever donation is required by an alternate payment method.

I think you're convinced that Secany wants money. So nothing will dissuade you from your notions.

How have you misunderstood me so severely? I WANT SECANY TO MAKE MONEY! I'M TRYING TO GIVE HIM MONEY! Have you mistaken me for someone else? Please read again what I have posted in this thread, and edit your post as necessary.

Guest pekkala89

Which firmware I should install on my omnia? XDHK1 or DXHK1, is there any difference? I want my omnia to be english after update. Now it's finnish and my firmware is (PDA: i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1 and TELEF: i900XBHI3). I heard something about bootloader. Is that something I should worry about?

Mate, I don't think that I have to argue with you.

The fact is, some people having issue with paypal, they PM me and let me know, and I'm more than happy to add them to list if they are not so negative, also people who contributed to OMNIA's community, I'm glad that they send me PM and give me permission to add add them to list.

I do understand that people always act "I want newest", "I want the best", "I want no risky", "My rom language first", "me first"... after they got what they want, they clear their ass and walk away without a thank. Mate, we are human, we have rights to ask, but we have to respect other people's rights too!

If you have problem with paypal, you can let me know. I can not read through the 93 pages thread and find people have problem. You don't have to act negative without some non-sense action.

By the way, russian lastest version still PUHJ2. Have you understand now?

Regards,

Ken

You have not. Thank you for your proposal to ask you to add me to the list. But I do not see why should I have a privileged situation than other non-"donators". I have nothing against donations - I even support donations for persons who spent their time and their own money to bring something new to community. But your way of forcing people to do it and your way to protect your interest is repulsive to me.

By the way, russian lastest version still PUHJ2. Have you understand now?

Don't you find yourself that the author of this phrase is nasty? By the way I do not use russian roms B)

For Russian users: I'm sorry, guys, if my IMHO will delay new rom.

Secany, I swear I will never post anything else in this topic. Feel free to do anything you want

(I think I have to make bold, underline on some keywords because you still don't understand the situation)

Firstly, I appreciate your opinions. I will consider it. Thank you very much.

Back to the story, as I mention from the start, donation is not neccessary if you feel you don't want to do so. About your donation, it is hard to believe that an Verified paypal account holder having issue with sending money from paypal, especially people from US like you. I am not accepting Money order, money gram, western union, etc, because I know fee for sending will cost more than amount of donation. My question is "What do you think and what will you do if you receive 0.26$ as a donation"? For me, I feel you are offence me. That is why I used some offensive words on the refund. My apology. I mentioned there are many ways to be in list without donation.

Next, the reason why I don't ask for specify amount because this is a donation, not a trading. How much people donated is depends on their income, country, personality, etc...

A bit of off-topic, but do you know that each Gb I spend over limit will cost me 150$? Don't belive? Google for Optus fusion plan please.

Money is something really sensitive, for everything related to money, how people judge about the other is depend on they personality. Idiom, you can't think about white if you are in the black. Many many person think that charity is the way of making money, aren't they B) ? People who don't want to understand will never understand.

Later on, I will ignore all the message/post/PM etc ask about "amount of donate", "why you are doing this", "this is selling", "my language first", "I want it now", "fast, faster, fastest, lighting please", bla bla bla. If you asking about technical and/or something release to mobile phone, I am happy to assist you, otherwise, I am sorry to ignore your message.

Best Regards,

Ken.

Edited by secany

You have not. Thank you for your proposal to ask you to add me to the list. But I do not see why should I have a privileged situation than other non-"donators". I have nothing against donations - I even support donations for persons who spent their time and their own money to bring something new to community. But your way of forcing people to do it and your way to protect your interest is repulsive to me.

Don't you find yourself that the author of this phrase is nasty? By the way I do not use russian roms B)

For Russian users: I'm sorry, guys, if my IMHO will delay new rom.

Secany, I swear I will never post anything else in this topic. Feel free to do anything you want

I said lastest, mean LASTEST, EQUAL to NO NEWS FROM THAT LASTEST.

You don't have to find each of my words and do a counter-question.

Digging your-self to the hole is the fastest way to see your coffin (I'm not saying, it's idiom, mate).

Bye and take care B)

Edited by secany

Guest Barthlon

this is getting out of hand because of the fact that everyone is posting his donationdetails right here on the forum (nobody needs to know how many people donated and what amount they donated, because it looks like some people are getting jeaulous at secany and spoiling this thread with ugly remarks not knowing that donations are NOT REQUIRED FFS!) and because of all the questions like "can you post this this this, now now now?" etc.

the real function of this thread is kinda lost now.

so secany, as i said before (but you probably missed that post), maybe it is a good thing to update the thread title (dthj6 is not new is it B)) and update the start post with all roms you released to public lately (scattered throughout this thread). this also might reduce the number of questions about what the latest rom is B)

and donators, i ask you to NOT POST your donationdetails, but send them in a PM to secany. this way he will not only see them sooner, but it will also keep this thread clean and maybe we can go back to the basicis: ROM RESEARCHING and ROM DISCUSSING.

someone already started a separate post to discuss the pro's and con's of hk1, this used to be the thread for that!

this is getting out of hand because of the fact that everyone is posting his donationdetails right here on the forum (nobody needs to know how many people donated and what amount they donated, because it looks like some people are getting jeaulous at secany and spoiling this thread with ugly remarks not knowing that donations are NOT REQUIRED FFS!) and because of all the questions like "can you post this this this, now now now?" etc.

the real function of this thread is kinda lost now.

so secany, as i said before (but you probably missed that post), maybe it is a good thing to update the thread title (dthj6 is not new is it B) ) and update the start post with all roms you released to public lately (scattered throughout this thread). this also might reduce the number of questions about what the latest rom is B)

and donators, i ask you to NOT POST your donationdetails, but send them in a PM to secany. this way he will not only see them sooner, but it will also keep this thread clean and maybe we can go back to the basicis: ROM RESEARCHING and ROM DISCUSSING.

someone already started a separate post to discuss the pro's and con's of hk1, this used to be the thread for that!

I wholly concur with Barthlon :( (not that anything I say matters B) B) :( ). But it has gotten very ugly here recently B) <_<

Guest bluey09

Hi ,

Got a simply Question ... Members who donate get the chance to download/install the new roms before any other fellow member or is it the same for everyone i.e whenever the Rom is realesed on the forum ???? Just curious because while i was browsing through this thread some fellow members replied/commented saying If you donate, Ken will add you on his email list and will send you latest Roms before they are released on the forum for general use ... Even though i havent downloaded/ installed any of your stuff but to be honest i do appreciate your work and money is nothing compared to time & effort you put into helping out other fellow memebers ... In my opinion you should omit / take off fellow members off your email list who are giving you bad name and potraying as if you are selling your stuff ... To be honest i myself will pay for it if you do put a price tag on your great work ... anyways bro keep up the good work and my apology if i offended you or made you feel that i was judging your character ..

Thanks

(p.s will wait for your new roms to be realesed on forum just like every other fellow member who are keen to install your latest roms and will donate then because its not fair on those who cant make a donation to be in the spotlight)

Edited by bluey09

I wholly concur with Barthlon B) (not that anything I say matters B) B) B) ). But it has gotten very ugly here recently B) <_<

i agree with you and Barthlon on those. we should stop all these arguements here and back on track what this thread should be

Guest FutureDirt

What the hell happened to this thread?!?!?

it was an extremely helpful place full of good advice and great ROM's last time i checked.

Now it is full of bitterness and pointless arguments!

i understand some peoples frustration with regard to Secany's release of these ROM's. After all, i dont believe there has been a proper English language ROM release to ALL of the public since DTHJ6 (correct me if im wrong here). As far as i am aware... DTHJ9 was given to PaSSoA and Paul(MVP) for use in their custom ROM's... Secany then announced that he would release all newest ROM's to donators and upload these ROM's to general public after "a few days". So people have been waiting for a general release of HJ9... and then HK1 came along... and now HK2.... but still no general release of HJ9.

So yeah... i understand the frustration.... BUT... Secany is probably the BEST thing to happen to the Omnia community worldwide... FULL badword STOP.

He obviously works extremely hard to bring the latest ROM's to us Omnia users and must have costs involved. It is only fair that we should help him out once in while so he can continue with his uploads....

SO GET OFF HIS CASE!

Guest samjuan
What the hell happened to this thread?!?!?

it was an extremely helpful place full of good advice and great ROM's last time i checked.

Now it is full of bitterness and pointless arguments!

i understand some peoples frustration with regard to Secany's release of these ROM's. After all, i dont believe there has been a proper English language ROM release to ALL of the public since DTHJ6 (correct me if im wrong here). As far as i am aware... DTHJ9 was given to PaSSoA and Paul(MVP) for use in their custom ROM's... Secany then announced that he would release all newest ROM's to donators and upload these ROM's to general public after "a few days". So people have been waiting for a general release of HJ9... and then HK1 came along... and now HK2.... but still no general release of HJ9.

So yeah... i understand the frustration.... BUT... Secany is probably the BEST thing to happen to the Omnia community worldwide... FULL badword STOP.

He obviously works extremely hard to bring the latest ROM's to us Omnia users and must have costs involved. It is only fair that we should help him out once in while so he can continue with his uploads....

SO GET OFF HIS CASE!

Nicely said, although no ROMs have been released to the public so far, am I right?