Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest walterpet
Hi there, i tried to flash my phone to the hh3 rom coming from hh1 (from stock, debranded) but i forgot to install the usb modem driver and my screen is on the omnia logo now.

followed the steps the installer program told me to do and at a certain point it started to echo port create retry (..) seconds and then it stopped and said download failed!

what do i have to do now? i have my screen still on the omnia logo and it doesnt seem to respond on the power on button.

allright, a simple reset did the job ;) retrying now :}

i have the same problem!!! :wacko:

where can i find the " the usb modem driver " ??

thank you

i just tried this on xp, it installed successfully, the screen says job done.

then my phone is completely dark now. would not turn on. i press power button, reset button, hard reset using 2 call button and power button at same time. still could not turn on. what should i do? is the phone completely dead? ;) help!!!! :wacko: :( :D

It seemed like it was no problem for my phone.. screen was on the omnia screen then i installed the usb driver en pressed reset. it went to windows and the pda was updated but the radio wasnt. seems like the usb driver is only needed so the software can update the radio.

enjoying hh3 now.. feels quicker and smoother (psychological i guess : p)

Looks like battery life on H3 for me is just as bad as with H1, saw my battery go from 60% to 40% while laying on my desk and only minimal use. Just about manages to last me from 6:30AM till about 6:00PM with about 20% left. Definitely worse than G4. Hope Samsung can restore the battery performance of earlier roms.

Edited by efjay

Guest XtremeMaC

Hi there,

Until today i was using imate pda2 wm2003.

Today I got my omnia 16gb and wanted to test the gps and that's when all the internet search started.

and its far more complicated than my previous pda2.

I've read lots of internet forums & articles. all of them just confused me even more. lots of firmwares, lots of problems. i've seen the rom releases but none of them have a date of release. and those XX hhH numbers don't mean anything to me.

My omnia came with route 66. i had lots of troubles even when i'm trying to install it. Always thought that it was because of vista. and in the end vista caused all the problems. i booted up xp and voila. everything works. updated the route 66. dled the xtra thingy. but i cannot get and satellite lock.

Thus I've a question I live in Turkey but prefer an English Pda so all my settings are in English.

What is the latest and might be the best firmware out there? I don't care about turkish support.

and i dunno what the firmwares from different countries mean. do they only have language support or are the entirely different or something??

thx i really want to get this thing working. its a huge leap for me so i'm very excited :wacko:

oh and my pda firmware is: JUHH2, phone firmware: JVHH2 haven't seen that in any list ;)

Edited by XtremeMaC

Citrix, if you don't get a boot to the Omnia screen, it's terminal!

P

what do you mean it's terminal ? :wacko: it's completely dead? ;) other people got it to work. i followed all the steps, the screen say job done, no any errors. what happened? i pressed reset, power. nothing works. by the way, how to hard reset? i press the 2 buttons and power at same time, nothing happens.

Thus I've a question I live in Turkey but prefer an English Pda so all my settings are in English.

What is the latest and might be the best firmware out there? I don't care about turkish support.

and i dunno what the firmwares from different countries mean. do they only have language support or are the entirely different or something??

Selam XtremeMaC ;)

Since yesterday I am going with DXHH3 - it is fully in english (except the set up 'regional settings'. Which one you ever prefer is in that language like: english -> Thursday, german -> Donnerstag, turkish -> Persembe) but the system itself is in english.

After the first ROM flash procedure I used it the next day fully charged. At the end of the day the battery was almost at 0%. But after a hard reset and re-installing my stuff and setting up the device the way I like the battery is going fine.

The firmware versions from the different countries contain the country language and, if they are operator branded, operator specific backgrounds, logos, hardware keys, etc. (it depends on the operators how far they go to brand their firmware).

thanks man, u prefer the hh3. why is that? the latest or what? trying to select the best here ;)

Hmm, I think it's just a couple days old.

The reasons why I prefer HH3:

• better battery life (related to the original ROM which I had... XXHG3 german ROM)
  • more stable (with the ROM version before I've had sometimes bugs like "Wake up from stand by mode broken")
  • flash light notification for missed calls / new messages works much better (before: in stand by mode the flash light [the on/off button with red/green light] was blinking every 30 seconds for 5 seconds or something, now: it is continuously blinking). :wacko:
  • the Touch Player is a bit faster in updating the media files (yes, it is indeed faster than before and not an illusion by me, he he)
  • my Omnia was not shipped with Shozu (is it called like this?) and the Google Launcher. Now with this english ROM version I do not have to install Google Maps separately.

Guest warnold007

is installing activesync on the desktop XP pc necessary before flashing?

because I'm just gonna borrow someone else's computer, don't want to put to much stuff in there.

I know the driver is a must. TIA! ;)

Guest warnold007

Sorry, answering my own question. activesync is needed to run the update exe file.

Successfully flashed DXHH3 rom, enjoying it! ;)

Anyone know how to disable the ticking sound on the kinetic motion when you flick-scroll?

Guest bulgarian

Just updated from H1. Everything went ok, will see if the battery lfe has any improvements, H1 really dissapointed me in that aspect. All good though and once again thank you guys for the good work on the forums here.

Looks like battery life on H3 for me is just as bad as with H1, saw my battery go from 60% to 40% while laying on my desk and only minimal use. Just about manages to last me from 6:30AM till about 6:00PM with about 20% left. Definitely worse than G4. Hope Samsung can restore the battery performance of earlier roms.

did you do a HARD RESET after the firmware upgrade to HH3? I did it and the battery life is amazing again, like on DXHG3 witch i had before ;)

did you do a HARD RESET after the firmware upgrade to HH3? I did it and the battery life is amazing again, like on DXHG3 witch i had before ;)

I did, still poor. To elaborate, I originally flashed to H3 but didnt hard reset, later I did HR by fully charging the phone to 100%, made sure it was showing full in the power applet THEN I hard reset.

Edited by efjay

I want to put the HH3 ROM on my i900V, but would like a backup of the UK Vodafone ROM first before I take the plunge.

Is there anywhere to download this or can I extract it from my handset before putting HH3 on?

i just tried this on xp, it installed successfully, the screen says job done.

then my phone is completely dark now. would not turn on. i press power button, reset button, hard reset using 2 call button and power button at same time. still could not turn on. what should i do? is the phone completely dead? ;) help!!!! :wacko: :( :D

Do you remember your old version? Or send me your IMEI number if you don't mind.

Do you remember your old version? Or send me your IMEI number if you don't mind.

my old version was DXHG4. i gona pm you now. you have any solution for this? you know how to force the power on? other people said SD download mode will help, but i dont know how. plus the power wont turn on, so how can that work.