Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest tim1979

Kinda of disappointed with this HL2 release..

Dont mind me saying that...

initially thought it was supposed to be a good release as compared to HL1..was so much looking forward yet it was actually seem to be the same bad as HL1...

seems that the wait was kinda of wasted...

however, will still be looking forward for HL3 release..

really still gotto Thanks secany for the good job and effort!!

Thanks!

Edited by tim1979

Anyone tried combining HK3 with HL2? This could be a good combination, right?

FavSettings and sharepix are avaialable as cabs / custom ROM's already. The widget interface is not, but IMO that's only eye-candy.

Guest shokka9

thinking of making HL2 phone part with HK3 PDA, sounds good, not sure which CSC to use tho???

Have a play tonight, when drunk and belly's full!! Enjoy xmas people!

Guest bobobird
thinking of making HL2 phone part with HK3 PDA, sounds good, not sure which CSC to use tho???

Have a play tonight, when drunk and belly's full!! Enjoy xmas people!

I did the reverse.

Reflashed HK3, updated HL2 phone only. Works fine (so far)....

The main issue for me is the lack of storage space. HL1, supposedly buggy had over 40Mb free which is better than HL2 and with all the widgets intact. Maybe flashing the csc from HL1 instead of the csc from HL2 will free up some space and still gave the widgets (at least the useful ones like the weather and CNN)? Not sure if it was posted in an exe but is it possible to extract the csc from an exe?

Guest tim1979

Hi Hydroxpert,

so this HL2 rom you have created has the widget that can be added by yourself?

what is the ram and rom?

what is the rate for the gps to be captured?

looking forward for your reply...

Thanks!!!

hey guys, i uploaded the exe i created onto mediafire. flashed it to my phone and works. this includes the csc.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?xnmmsdne2mz

Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ddiexdledzw

I zipped it using 7-zip, so recommended to use that to unzip, haha

hmm, HL1 didn't come with a csc. That is why the streaming player was broken, haha

Thanks for the info. So maybe flashing the csc from HK2 or HK3 would be better, if they can be extracted or an even earlier csc.

Guest Hydroxpert
Hi Hydroxpert,

so this HL2 rom you have created has the widget that can be added by yourself?

what is the ram and rom?

what is the rate for the gps to be captured?

looking forward for your reply...

Thanks!!!

huh no i didnt create it! i just merged the pda phone csc and eboot file into the exe updater so that people would have an easier time flashing it. haha. its the standard HL2 rom, memory is extremely low as you can see from the other's posts here, something to do with the new widgets i guess! for me gps lock on a cold start took about 45s, after i had downloaded the data at home via wifi

Edited by Hydroxpert

Guest Hydroxpert
Thanks for the info. So maybe flashing the csc from HK2 or HK3 would be better, if they can be extracted or an even earlier csc.

hmm, imo the csc doesn't really matter to me as i am not after chinese language support. however, i think i read a post on this forum somewhere where someone managed to get streaming player to work after restoring files from a backup. haha. imo its not really important, wmp streams just fine!

Use Pako's Executor to make it to exe.

Rename Bootimage_i900DXHL2.nb0 to eboot.nbo

the PDA_i900DXHL2 to pda.bin,

the DXHL2_phone.bin to phone.bin

and the CSC_i900DZHL2.csc to customer.csc

Run I900_Executor, go to EXE then Assemble and load:

eboot.nbo, pda.bin. phone.bin and customer.csc

Press Go and it will create the executable.

good luck

Thank you for your advanced technology. After I download the three .rar files of HL2, I extract the part1. It gives me 4 files. When I extract the part2 file, it asks me to replace the previous one. It is the same when I extract the part3 .rar file. Do I need to extract the part2 and part3 files? Please advise me. Thanks.

Guest tibor28

Im currently on german HH9, not having any serious problems. Do you recommend me to upgrade? The only newer ones are HL1 and HL2 and they are both buggy, right?

Edited by tibor28

Thank you for your advanced technology. After I download the three .rar files of HL2, I extract the part1. It gives me 4 files. When I extract the part2 file, it asks me to replace the previous one. It is the same when I extract the part3 .rar file. Do I need to extract the part2 and part3 files? Please advise me. Thanks.

Just open part1 and drag n drop all the files on your computer from rar.

You dont have to extract again part2 and part3.

(These 3 files are the splits parts of only one file compressed. )

Then follow my instructions

Edited by sector

Guest iforwms
Just open part1 and drag n drop all the files on your computer from rar.

You dont have to extract again part2 and part3.

(These 3 files are the splits parts of only one file compressed. )

Then follow my instructions

Having had mixed reviews about the HL2 release, can anyone say whether it's actually worth upgrading to this ROM? I have the stock HG1 at the moment...

Guest iforwms
i still find HK3 better....i'm doing all sorts of weird things now to gain memory

Let me know how it goes, I think I'll install HK3 now then, and wait until HL3 is out before I install that!