Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest ZiTe747

pls could someone post a guide how-to update with grandprix in vista? I've tried a few minutes ago with grandprix but the update process stopped when it tried to update the phone ( not the PDA ) end it gaved an error and stopped. I'm sorry for my english :rolleyes:

Edited by ZiTe747

Guest htcvista
cmon guys, a newbie how-to on grand prix, im using vista....... :rolleyes:

seems like nothing can go wrong but Ive read about some people who did it wrong and bricked...

thx

I'm also new with this. Using Vista also. Want to flash my phone from XBHJ2 to this one.

pls could someone post a guide how-to update with grandprix in vista? I've tried a few minutes ago with grandprix but the update process stopped when it tried to update the phone ( not the PDA ) end it gaved an error and stopped. I'm sorry for my english :rolleyes:

Under Vista there is not enough time for the modem driver to be initiated. I have found no solution so far, and it works flawlessly with XP. If your device works but shows a phone icon with exclamation mark at startup, you need to find a stable PC running on XP, install modem driver for XP, use GP for XP and update only phone part.

Hey,

first of all, big thanks to secany for this rom and merry XMas to all of you.

I have a little problem with this rom. I flashed from the german BHHL7 to this one but now samsung widget is not there anymore???

did anyone encountered this problem?

Guest softwarr8

can someone make a .exe please? I dont like grandprick :0).............. this could happen You will get a blank screen, and XP will identify a device called 'MONAHANS', with no suitable driver. Should this happen, at this time, YOU WILL HAVE TO RETURN YOUR DEVICE TO A SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTRE!

Guest thegoodly

ok so ive been using HL2 for a couple of hours now, and think its brilliant apart from a couple of things.

the data connections connetcs randomly, i assume because of the online widgets.

and have had a couple of lock ups requiring a soft reset, but this maybe down to me adjusting alot of settings

otherwise all is well.

what a fantastic xmas present!!!

:rolleyes:

Guest steff195

Fleashed it too earlier. Worked perfect.

Not that hard to use GrandPrix. You have to enter in the specific fields the specific file, such as eboot, pda, csc, phone.

Nice new widgets, nice new little things in Touch player, nice buttons for volume...

But it seems to me that sometime is a little slower than my previous version DXJ1... I wonder how's the battery on this one?

Thanks Secany! This is our Christmas present! :rolleyes:

Guest ZiTe747
Under Vista there is not enough time for the modem driver to be initiated. I have found no solution so far, and it works flawlessly with XP. If your device works but shows a phone icon with exclamation mark at startup, you need to find a stable PC running on XP, install modem driver for XP, use GP for XP and update only phone part.

Thank you Erdoke. I've tried in the XP and it workd perfectly. Vista is such a pain in the *ss sometimes....

My vista box couldn't even find the PDA :)... too bad I have to keep an XP box just for flashing :rolleyes:

btw: thanks secany! and merry christmas to everyone!

Guest visions77

Thanks Secany for the wonderful christmas ROM.

Can anyone upload the complete ROM and another site? Thanks.

Can anyone create the ROM to be normal so that we don't have to use Grandpix. Thanks again.

Merry Christmas Everyone. :rolleyes:

hmm i have now flashed back to DXHK3 and there was the widgets. then flashed to HL2 and there are no widgets :rolleyes:

anyone have an idea? does the widgets need to be enabled?

Guest thebiker
hmm i have now flashed back to DXHK3 and there was the widgets. then flashed to HL2 and there are no widgets :rolleyes:

anyone have an idea? does the widgets need to be enabled?

Same problem is here :)

Guest stylus1828
Same problem is here :)

flash a csc file from dxhk3, or any other csc file from a rom with grandprix and you're problem will be solved! :rolleyes:

Edited by stylus1828

WOW got something to share =D ^^

first i flashed to the L2 rom with everything inside, bootloader, pda, csc, phone

then i reflashed the L2 with everything except csc

and now i dont have samsung widgets but when i checked memory it had;

total: 108.84

in use: 32.73

free 76.11

its good for me i suppose since i dont use widgets =D

anyone else wanna try this?