Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest Diggedy

awesome, im a happy bunny now :)

now i just need a better dialler and a few other things and im away :D

does anyone know of any good diallers and contact lists which go with the htc type theme?

Also, i have a icon which i think is called navigation, it hasnt got anything in it. Can this be customised?

Edited by Diggedy

Guest blert596

I seem to have the same problem that a few people have had with the inability to run the install_WVGA file.

The problem is that I've actually had both SPB Mobile Shell and the Skins pack working before with no problems. I done a hard reset just to clear out a lot of garbage I'd downloaded and to go with a new clean install. Same ROM. Its installed into the Program Files

Now, I can download the shell no problem and run it OK. I basically dragged the CAB file across to My Storage using the PC to the Omnia (then cut and paste it into the device memory) and run it, and all is good. Soft reset done.

I then dragged the Skins file (Omnia 3.1.1) to My Storage. I then click on the file and it gives me the readme text and the SPBMobileShellSkins Folder. I can open the folder and run the Mortscript.exe file no probs and it says all good. next I run the Install_WQVGA.mscr file and it returns the error as others have had. Cannot find SPB Mobile Shell Version 2.1.2 (I'm using 2.1.4 from the official site)

Am I missing something here?

As far as I know the Shell has to go in the device memory and the Skins can go anywhere.

Is it OK that I'm not using active Sync (Device thingy on Vista) and jsut dragging both files across?

I dont know when I initially installed the trial version - would the 15 days trial be affecting this? I dont see how though as it still runs as a basic shell no problems.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

I seem to have the same problem that a few people have had with the inability to run the install_WVGA file.

The problem is that I've actually had both SPB Mobile Shell and the Skins pack working before with no problems. I done a hard reset just to clear out a lot of garbage I'd downloaded and to go with a new clean install. Same ROM. Its installed into the Program Files

Now, I can download the shell no problem and run it OK. I basically dragged the CAB file across to My Storage using the PC to the Omnia (then cut and paste it into the device memory) and run it, and all is good. Soft reset done.

I then dragged the Skins file (Omnia 3.1.1) to My Storage. I then click on the file and it gives me the readme text and the SPBMobileShellSkins Folder. I can open the folder and run the Mortscript.exe file no probs and it says all good. next I run the Install_WQVGA.mscr file and it returns the error as others have had. Cannot find SPB Mobile Shell Version 2.1.2 (I'm using 2.1.4 from the official site)

Am I missing something here?

As far as I know the Shell has to go in the device memory and the Skins can go anywhere.

Is it OK that I'm not using active Sync (Device thingy on Vista) and jsut dragging both files across?

I dont know when I initially installed the trial version - would the 15 days trial be affecting this? I dont see how though as it still runs as a basic shell no problems.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

I'm using SPB Mobile Shell Version 2.1.4 too. It work like a charm.

After extract i copy SPBMobileShellSkins Folder to my storage and run it follow read me instruction. remove all SPBMobileShellSkins and try again. good luck.

Guest blert596
I'm using SPB Mobile Shell Version 2.1.4 too. It work like a charm.

After extract i copy SPBMobileShellSkins Folder to my storage and run it follow read me instruction. remove all SPBMobileShellSkins and try again. good luck.

Well, I've just done another hard reset.

Copied Mobile shell to My Storage and run it and it works fine (apart from the Weather Icon strangely which has N/A next to it and wont refresh when I do a Sync).

Put the skins pack into My Storage as well and extracted that. (I presume I'm extracting this correctly just by double clicking on it). Then I go into scripts and execute Mortscript and it registers the filetypes OK. But again the Install_WVGA just informs me that it cant find the shell.

Getting a bit fed up trying now!!!

Looking at trying Manilla, but that seems even more fiddly to install and configure.

Guest Elcoholic
Well, I've just done another hard reset.

Copied Mobile shell to My Storage and run it and it works fine (apart from the Weather Icon strangely which has N/A next to it and wont refresh when I do a Sync).

Put the skins pack into My Storage as well and extracted that. (I presume I'm extracting this correctly just by double clicking on it). Then I go into scripts and execute Mortscript and it registers the filetypes OK. But again the Install_WVGA just informs me that it cant find the shell.

Getting a bit fed up trying now!!!

Looking at trying Manilla, but that seems even more fiddly to install and configure.

Try extracting it on your pc and then copying all the files to your device.

Guest blert596
Try extracting it on your pc and then copying all the files to your device.

Thats worked a treat....Many thanks :)

Now, if anyone can tell me how to copy my contacts from the SIM to the phone feel please free to do so :D At present to get pictures on the contacts I have to copy the SIM entry to contacts, which duplicates the entry in the contacts list. Which is mildly annoying.

Surely there's a way to copy them across and then just select the phones list. Or not?

Guest ivanxxx
Glad I could help. :)

I have to try this myself, since I am not changing the skins very often, and the Wifi/BT I can turn on and off via the regular home screen plugin. So how much in fact did turning the mortscript off improve your battery life?

Best Regards

(Sorry for late answer)

I'm experiencing full 3rd day with mortscript off and not much use of bt and wifi.. I'm using phone regularly just like a cell phone, 1 hour talk, 30mints game playing solitare or spb games, checking mails once per day, no turn off for nights, and other regular stuff for total 3 days.. Before turning it off, it used to have 2 days lifetime.. 

Guest Eddy_omnia

Hello, i have spb shell installed with iphone skin.

On battery use , after 1 minute screen turn off and keylock comes on.

The problem is , when I set an alarm , and the alarm goes off , I first have to unlock the screen , but then the alarm dialog box disappears and I am not able to turn off the alarm , and one minute later the alarm sounds again but then there no key lock and the alarm dialog -balloon is there and I can turn it off.

Is there a way to turn off the alarm the first time?

By the way , does there exist a timer for the omnia ? I noticed a timer function is not included.

Greetz , Eddy

Samsung I900 Omnia 8Gb ,Spb-Shell 2.2.2 build 3534 Dutch, Iphone skin, McGuider,Igo8 and 8Gb Sd

• 2 weeks later...
Extract and Install SPBWatcher and have it as the only running item within the 'today' menu this will ensure SPB is always on top.

Install IContact and then extract the SwitchSpbContact.mscr file anywhere on your omnia. Before running open the file in notepad and ensure the top lines match your install location for IContact -

set AltContactName, "iContact"

set AltContactPath, "\My Storage\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe"

Run the file and this will make IContact the default within SBP.

spbwatcher.zip

SwitchSpbContact.zip

Hi all,

I'm using SPB Shell and the Imarcheskins and it all works great. I've tried changing to iContact and it also works fine. Is it possible to do the same thing but using VITO's FunContact instead? I think that one is much nicer! Can I just edit the SwitchSpbContact.mscr to use FunContact instead?

Is it also possible to do the same thing with the SMS, I mean change it to use VITO's SMS-chat instead of Windows Mobile's?

Maybe there is some app out there where I can assign the buttons in the Imarcheskin to certain apps, for example the button for SMS triggers VITO's SMS-chat and the button for missed calls triggers VITO's FunContact and its missed calls list?

Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks / PG

Edit:

Found this thread on the xda-forum, that might solve my problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...33&page=103

Will try tonight!

Edited by kaki02

Guest 3shirts

Is there a smaller version of the digital clocks? Ideally one that is offset top left of where the current ones go. I want to see more of my wallpaper and all the current clocks obscure it too much.

Guest joselk1

I have read through this thread and I am still having a problem. The skins work great but I only have .63mb left of storage. Did I put the files in the wrong place, can I fix this without reloading?

Guest mikentammy610
(Sorry for late answer)

I'm experiencing full 3rd day with mortscript off and not much use of bt and wifi.. I'm using phone regularly just like a cell phone, 1 hour talk, 30mints game playing solitare or spb games, checking mails once per day, no turn off for nights, and other regular stuff for total 3 days.. Before turning it off, it used to have 2 days lifetime..

How do you turn off mortscript??

Thanks,

Michael

Guest Phil1979

Guys I need help. I'm a total noob to this.

I downloaded the latest mobile shell and registered it. Got the 3.2 skins pack and installed them.

The original skin works fine, but when I select another skin nothing works. I go through teh configuration settings and all works ok. But at the end nothing changes on the Today screen.

I have done all the steps on the read me file etc (I think). What do I do guys, help me!!!

I have read through this thread and I am still having a problem. The skins work great but I only have .63mb left of storage. Did I put the files in the wrong place, can I fix this without reloading?

You shouldn't put the whole zip file in main memory, I put it on a storage card and then run the scripts from there.. it correctly updates SPB in main memory and only puts up the files it needs based on your configuration.

Guest Blobs
Installation Instructions:

5) In File Explorer, you can now run the file "InstallMenus.mscr". This will add 3 additional icons to SPBShell.

Sorry to bring this up after so long.

What do the extra 3 buttons provide and whereabouts on the screen are they placed?

If I don't want them later, how are they removed?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Guest Piemole

Hi guys

I have searched for this but couldn't find any answers, if it has been answered somewhere else I apologise.

I am having trouble with the connection manager window you get when you click near the operator info in the task bar at the top of the screen.

I can get into the menu but if I try to turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth etc I get the wireless manager pop up then close then the error message

"Window 'Wireless Manager' could not be found. Line: Close(wrlswindow)"

Anyone have a cure for this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Piemole
Hi guys

I have searched for this but couldn't find any answers, if it has been answered somewhere else I apologise.

I am having trouble with the connection manager window you get when you click near the operator info in the task bar at the top of the screen.

I can get into the menu but if I try to turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth etc I get the wireless manager pop up then close then the error message

"Window 'Wireless Manager' could not be found. Line: Close(wrlswindow)"

Anyone have a cure for this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone???

Guest MartoKT

Hello, i have installed spb shell skins 3.2 yesterday, but i notice that the applications running to slow. I tab for example the icon Tools(in iphone skin) and wait about 30 sec. to be opened. Also the Games folder is empty.

More info: SPB Mobile Shell 2.15 installed

ROM: DZIA5

Any suggestions?

Tnx in advance!!!

RG Martin

Guest Blobs

If you read back it's all explained several times.

The heart icon is "my menu".

Go to settings/customise menu.

Hold on a menu and select "add" and browse to any link or file you want to see when selecting that menu (via the icon).