Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest Piemole
Hi guys

I have searched for this but couldn't find any answers, if it has been answered somewhere else I apologise.

I am having trouble with the connection manager window you get when you click near the operator info in the task bar at the top of the screen.

I can get into the menu but if I try to turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth etc I get the wireless manager pop up then close then the error message

"Window 'Wireless Manager' could not be found. Line: Close(wrlswindow)"

Anyone have a cure for this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bump

Guest Lancez
Bump

caused by installing the program (mobile skin), i've had same problem b4, i dont quite remember what did i do to get it working, it seems sometimes the mobile shell will have some problems. but if u could reinstall it again, might help u out. good luck

Guest Piemole
caused by installing the program (mobile skin), i've had same problem b4, i dont quite remember what did i do to get it working, it seems sometimes the mobile shell will have some problems. but if u could reinstall it again, might help u out. good luck

Already tried that but same problem.

Thanks for your help though

Guest EDBANGER
If you read back it's all explained several times.

The heart icon is "my menu".

Go to settings/customise menu.

Hold on a menu and select "add" and browse to any link or file you want to see when selecting that menu (via the icon).

Nice one, I decided to stop being a lazy sod and have a look through. Loving it.

Guest moofoo

This is my first post on this forum after just buying the Omnia the other day. Have read lot of posts on here and they have been very useful.

A quick question about these skins - do you have to have the mnost recent version of SPB? I have got version 2.0.0 and when I install the skins the phone works for a while then when I open a program then close it the phone crashes and I have to do a soft reset then instal "original" skin....

Guest jamesshami
Hello, i have installed spb shell skins 3.2 yesterday, but i notice that the applications running to slow. I tab for example the icon Tools(in iphone skin) and wait about 30 sec. to be opened. Also the Games folder is empty.

More info: SPB Mobile Shell 2.15 installed

ROM: DZIA5

Any suggestions?

Tnx in advance!!!

RG Martin

Hey MartoKT, I've noticed you asking this question for quite some time now, and have been keeping an eye on any suggestions anyone might have had, as I have the exact same problem!!

Well, cut the long story short...I found out it was an Antivirus program I loaded that made the program sloooow. If you've got one, delete it and you'll see how FAAAAAASTT this thing changes pages~!!!

How this helps somewhat... Let me know B)

Guest xfer85

The heart icon didnt work for me. I've enabled all 3 (bluetooth, wifi, and phone), and ticked all the boxes under menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest ilyukha
The heart icon didnt work for me. I've enabled all 3 (bluetooth, wifi, and phone), and ticked all the boxes under menu. Any help would be appreciated.

What exactly do you mean when you say it did not work?

Guest xfer85
What exactly do you mean when you say it did not work?

I've turned on the three, but the heart isnt showing. I'll get a screenshot of it soon.

BTW, would installing taril's ROM allow me to have my today screen as the spb menu?

Edit :

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heartsek.jpg

As you can see, there isnt a heart shape when i turn on all three wifi, bluetooth and phone.

Edited by xfer85

Guest ilyukha
I've turned on the three, but the heart isnt showing. I'll get a screenshot of it soon.

BTW, would installing taril's ROM allow me to have my today screen as the spb menu?

Edit :

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heartsek.jpg

As you can see, there isnt a heart shape when i turn on all three wifi, bluetooth and phone.

Heart button is a shortcut for My Menu. The button itself is different for each skin. In your case it is not heart it is that blue star icon. If you press it it opens My Menu. By default it is empty. You can add your most used programs there through Settings>Customize menu> tap and hold on My Menu>Add link.

Hope it answers your question.

Taril does not remove any Original apps from the ROM, and almost does not add his own ones. You will need to install SPB Shell and will be able to use it the same way as you use it now. What ROM do you have now?

Guest meabigbaldguy
BTW, ... allow me to have my today screen as the spb menu?

I believe that this is what you're looking for. Just install the cab to the same folder that you've installed SPB Mo Shell to, and then soft reset the device when finished. This app will take you to the now screen of SPB shell instead of the today screen - if you indeed use the the today button configuration on the upper right button. No bugs that I've noticed but, when you do lock your phone keys, there is a delay of at least a minute or so before you can unlock the keys again. If necessary, then you can uninstall the app from the settings/remove programs menu.

About these SPB skins... I did use them for a while but then they just got old and tired because they are a bit too flamboyant and cartoony - at least in my opinion. It is nice work though. Presently, I am back to using normal SPB shell, but I am also using a custom flat black theme and taskbar icons for my omnia that look very good with the shell - looks more professional!

spbwatcher.CAB

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest thescope
I believe that this is what you're looking for. Just install the cab to the same folder that you've installed SPB Mo Shell to, and then soft reset the device when finished. This app will take you to the now screen of SPB shell instead of the today screen - if you indeed use the the today button configuration on the upper right button. No bugs that I've noticed but, when you do lock your phone keys, there is a delay of at least a minute or so before you can unlock the keys again. If necessary, then you can uninstall the app from the settings/remove programs menu.

About these SPB skins... I did use them for a while but then they just got old and tired because they are a bit too flamboyant and cartoony - at least in my opinion. It is nice work though. Presently, I am back to using normal SPB shell, but I am also using a custom flat black theme and taskbar icons for my omnia that look very good with the shell - looks more professional!

Hey, could you please post the "flat black theme" for the Omnia?? I can't seeme to find it and for some strange reason WM6.1 dosent allow you to choose any color you want B)

thanks

Edited by thescope

Guest xfer85

ilyukha : Im currently using the default one i got with my hp, i believe its dxhk3. I got what you meant regarding the heart now. How can i change the icon to the heart tho?

meabigbaldguy : Im currently using spbwatcher, but im hoping for a program that works with my spb themes cos im loving it. The only problem is i dont want a spbwatcher to get pass it, i want a rom that works with spb to get round it, but yet allowing me to keep my theme.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Hey, could you please post the "flat black theme" for the Omnia?? I can't seeme to find it and for some strange reason WM6.1 dosent allow you to choose any color you want B)

thanks

Here is a link for the black theme.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...93/black-theme/

Here is the link for the Taskbar icons - which are very lively and cool. Follow install instructions at the beginning of the thread carefully.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...skbar-makeover/

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest meabigbaldguy
meabigbaldguy : Im currently using spbwatcher, but im hoping for a program that works with my spb themes cos im loving it. The only problem is i dont want a spbwatcher to get pass it, i want a rom that works with spb to get round it, but yet allowing me to keep my theme.

Not sure I fully understand your objective; but anyway, just about any ROM should work with SPB Shell. As far as I know, Watcher is the closest you'll probably get to what I think that you're asking for. In the ROM forum, there is a thread for a custom ROM which has SPB Shell cooked into it - you may want to check it out. I was using Watcher with the SPB skins from iMarche and it worked quite well.

Guest xfer85

Ok. Basically i just want the start button at the spb menu, which means that i'll need the spb menu on the today's screen, instead of using a spbwatcher.

Guest ilyukha
Ok. Basically i just want the start button at the spb menu, which means that i'll need the spb menu on the today's screen, instead of using a spbwatcher.

I am still confused at what you are trying to achieve. As mentioned before if you dont want to see today screen at all, try installing SPB Mobile ased ROM.

Regarding the heart button., it is part of one of the sets for the Launcher2 buttons. I dont know exactly which one. You just need to try them all until you find it.

Guest meabigbaldguy

Okay, I understand now, but I really don't think that this is possible - at least not with the current version of SPB Shell - 2.1.5. SPB 3 is due for release soon so you may have better luck with it.

Again watcher is the closest thing. If not, then you can also customize your soft keys to open any of the SPB menus. I'm not using watcher myself but I do have my soft keys set to open both the NOW and HOME screens. It works good for me because I can still access my widget screen.

Guest Ashley90218

Hi, I am having a massive problem with this. I am running SPB mobile shell 2.1.3 and I have installed this into the main storage of the phone. I have since ran the mort followed by the directory install and when it comes to the main install i get the message cant find 2.1.2.

What do I have to do, i have hard reset so many times trying to understand how its done! Also do i have to install manila or is that theme come within these themes i am trying to get to work?