Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Hi Guys,

I installed the skins and they are awesome ;)

I would like to thank gavinfabl for sending me the spwatcher.cab - that was very nice of you Gavin, appreciate it!

Also, I have a couple of questions regarding the skins:

1. Now that I don't use the Today screen anymore, is there a way to activate the flash to use it a s torch ? (used to be long press the + button while on the today screen).

2. Is there a way when I press the CALL button, the skinned contacts list to appear, instead of the default Samsung one?

Thank you :wacko:

P.S. Great forum, really helped me explore my new i900 :(

1. Yes holding the volume down button time can be set by using, Settings > Buttons > Flash Light

2. Sorry not quite sure what you mean?

SPB can be downloaded here:-

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/?en

Im struggling to get these skins running. I have SPB Shell 2 installed. Have installed the mobile skins folder to the root of the storage. Run the MortScript and get the message ".mcr and .mortrun extensions registered". I then try to run Install_WQVGA and get the message "cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.0". Is anyone able to help. Thanks.

Im struggling to get these skins running. I have SPB Shell 2 installed. Have installed the mobile skins folder to the root of the storage. Run the MortScript and get the message ".mcr and .mortrun extensions registered". I then try to run Install_WQVGA and get the message "cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.0". Is anyone able to help. Thanks.

is something wrong with your spb shell 2. i'v received this message befor instaling spb shell on the phone

Guest twentyone
1. Yes holding the volume down button time can be set by using, Settings > Buttons > Flash Light

2. Sorry not quite sure what you mean?

SPB can be downloaded here:-

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/?en

Hello, thanks for the reply - here are some clarifications to my questions -

1. Yes, I know for this option and I have set it - the problem is that it only works from the Omnia today screen - and when using spbwatcher I can't get access to the today screen at all ;). So I wonder if there is another setting/program to allow for torch functionality?

2. I mean, when you press the hardware CALL button(the green(white in Omnia's case) button) - the samsung contact list shows up, I would like to map the spbContacts to this button.

Thank you :wacko:

Guest Amerikiwi

These skins are great. Thanks.

I'm using the iphone skin and have customized all the icons with no probelem except the 'my menu' icon is not there but if I push the blank space where it should be 'my menu' is activated ok and all my programs come up. How to I set an icon for 'my menu'?

Also the 'heart' next to the call log will not activate. How do I activate this.

Thanks.

These skins are great. Thanks.

I'm using the iphone skin and have customized all the icons with no probelem except the 'my menu' icon is not there but if I push the blank space where it should be 'my menu' is activated ok and all my programs come up. How to I set an icon for 'my menu'?

Also the 'heart' next to the call log will not activate. How do I activate this.

Thanks.

I have the same problem.

And Miki told me, you can`t see the Icon My Menu, because only the heart icon is the activated one for this.

But my heart icon doesn`t work ;) and i don`t now why !

Guest tropolite
Somewhere a lot of you guys are going wrong. Have you downloaded the latest package from the authors website?

Look at the first screen. Notice the arrows by the date. Swiping your finger back and forth on the date switches between analogue and digital.

Notice the T-Mobile on top. Press here to bring up the wireless options, phone ,bluetooth and wifi on/off. Press the heart icon next to call log. To enter items in here, go to settings, customize menu and add items in the "my menu".

In the programs tab, you will have arrows either side of the word programs. Swiping left and right brings up mru. In contacts, swipe again 3 times. First list is VIP, Personal and Business contacts.

To install, copy the extracted file into My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins . When you tap on this directory it must then show 4 directories Commons, Kyro, Luna, Orginal, Scrips.

Tap Scripts. Tap first on Mortscript.exe , Then tap options.mscr, and then install_wqvga . Select language if asked. Now in the scrips folder tap on each skin. After tapping each skin it appears in the spb tools settings in spbskins as shown previously. You can then select here.

Tap on a skin. If will ask if you want to alter the other options. You will get a screen 1st as below. I select the last option.

Hi Gavin

Thanks for the heads-up configuring SPB better.

A couple things tho - if I may...

As a note for those installing spbwatcher, when installing select 'To Device'.

Gavin, i have watcher running as I see and can toggle the digital and analogue time, but I cannot bring up the wireless options from the top centre of the screen (where the carrier info is displayed). I've gone to Settings > Customise menu however all I see is 'spb menu', not 'My Menu'. Can you please ellaborate a little more?

Thanks

Guest gavinfabl

In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

I have found a slight bug. If you are using Spb Phone Suite (another good piece of their software) you get the big current profile icon stuck at the top of the screen instead of the little green/blue one. If you disable the 'profiles' feature of Phone Suite then it appears properly but that is the most useful feature of it! It is annoying cos it ruins the otherwise slick look

The author is posting to another forum and regularly reading and making updates. This is now up to 1.4.1. He gives a fix for this, but the instructions aren't clear and have been asked to take another look.

I don't know the rules about posting another forum's links, but here is the "official" thread on XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424933

And - this is 100% FREE! It does, however, require SPB Mobile Shell to work, so please stop bashing the author with "this isn't free then"... or "too bad it's not free". As with anything, it would be GREAT to throw the author a couple of bucks for this FANTASTIC add on... my HTC Touch has never looked better! ;)

And no... I am NOT the author... LOL

In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

I find the problem:

....make sure all of these are ticked

I activated not all ! Now, it works !

Thank you ;)

newbie here,

just managed to install(more by chance than anything thank god) just wondering do the skins only work in spb menu screen onwards (where it says programs at the top) because if i press the end call/home screen button i get the regular spb shell menu and theme or should the new theme also be on the 'home screen'?

New to this. Can you guy help me out? Under contact I have 3 tabs for VIP, Personal and Business: Can I edit and change contact for this one and how? I revised my outlook to cat VIP, Personal and Business but after sync the phone. These 3 does not sync to have the contact under these 3 cat. (VIP, Personal and Business) Is there a way to fix it?

Please advice.... ;)

Guest Amerikiwi
I find the problem:

....make sure all of these are ticked

I activated not all ! Now, it works !

Thank you ;)

I get the 'heart' to work ok by activating all items, but then I get a 10th icon sitting up at the top left and the 'my menu' is still blank but has a space allocated for it and when you push the blank space 'my menu' is activated ok??

Any ideas?

Guest tropolite

Hey all you Shellers

Just a quickie - The original Skin site has updated yet again - now available Skins 1.5 for Omnia

I knew you wanted to know and grab the latest version...

;)

Guest tropolite

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your help... appreciate it!

Actually this morning I d'loaded v1.5 of the skins and everything seems to be easier to modify and customise. There's some nice added features in v1.5 - well worth getting.

Guest omnia newbie

hi there, updated 1.5, some more goodies.. but there is a word 'wireless' near the top of the screen when you click on 'program button' .. wonder is it a bug or is it part of the program... ? ;) . the words run over the recent run program can someone...........confirmed this..!.

I want to reinstall but I have a problem deleting all files. MortScript.exe cannot remove.. Can someone help me out?

I used update to 1.5 and the MRU didn't show up on home screen so I deleted everything with fresh start but can't remove MortScript.exe file.

Please help....

Thanks

RC

I want to reinstall but I have a problem deleting all files. MortScript.exe cannot remove.. Can someone help me out?

I used update to 1.5 and the MRU didn't show up on home screen so I deleted everything with fresh start but can't remove MortScript.exe file.

Please help....

Thanks

RC

hard reset the memory was the only way i found.

is there a way to stop it from going back to the samsung today screen ? as i keep haing to select spb again.

Sorry cause I am new using PPC but hard reset will erase everything? I need to reinstall everything?

For your question. Down load file on page 3 will take care of your problem.

Thanks