Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

It does not matter, since once you actually run the skin installation script, it will copy chosen skin to SPB mobile shell dir.

And SPB mobile shell installed only to main memory unless you mod cab.

In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

OK, I solved a couple of issues here. Firstly, the heart icon only seems to work with the latest version of SBP Mobile Shell. I was on 2.1.0 so downloaded and installed 2.1.2 and it now works. You can install the cab over the top, it will upgrade your old version and you don't need to re-register it. Then re-run the WQVGA_Installer and any skins you want.

To get upcoming appointments on your home screen, go into the SPB Mobile Shell settings, switch to the 'Classic' layout and then tap 'configure'. Tick the box for showing appointments and tap OK. Now go out and back into the settings and change back to professional (if you want the digital clock back), the appointments will stay!

Edited by 3shirts

Another annoyance for me, how can I change the default email client when pressing the email button on the Now page? It always opens my Outlook inbox but I want my Gmail one.

I want to reinstall but I have a problem deleting all files. MortScript.exe cannot remove.. Can someone help me out?

I used update to 1.5 and the MRU didn't show up on home screen so I deleted everything with fresh start but can't remove MortScript.exe file.

Please help....

Thanks

RC

Rename the file then soft reset, then you can delete.

Theses skins are amazing .

Guest ujkakevin
... The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

I have Spb Mobile Shell version 2.1.2 Build 3534 but I do not have Wireless or My Menu options to tick - any suggestions?

Kevin

I have Spb Mobile Shell version 2.1.2 Build 3534 but I do not have Wireless or My Menu options to tick - any suggestions?

Kevin

The wireless menu appears without a name in the 'customise menu' option. The My Menu should be in there too

Anyone know how to get rid of the little red A that appears on the profile icon when using SBP Phone Suite and with profile rules?

I have used the new profiles.dat which changes the icons to the little coloured ones but the A still gets overlayed when on automatic mode (as does the little yellow star when something changes) and they appear half off the top of the toolbar and look a bit poo.

Guest pdaphonemaster

Once installed, is there any way you can completely uninstall it? There does not seem to be any uninstall button, no listing in the settings menu, etc.

Thanks in advance

Guest honeymonster

hi folks,

just installed mobile shell and the latest version of this, must say it looks amazing compared to the standard omnia layout!

quick dumbass question which I cant find in the manual, how do I change the background wallpaper for the homescreen??? cant seem to find an option anywhere

thanks

Guest thegoodly
hi folks,

just installed mobile shell and the latest version of this, must say it looks amazing compared to the standard omnia layout!

quick dumbass question which I cant find in the manual, how do I change the background wallpaper for the homescreen??? cant seem to find an option anywhere

thanks

view pictures in media album, click menu, then set as.... there you will see an option to set as wallpaper.

hi folks,

thanks

Goto settings/today and at the bottom you'll see a box to check "use this picture as the background". The browse button will highlight and you can navigate to and select the picture you want for your desktop.

Sorry, missed the above reply ;)

Edited by Princy

Guest tropolite

Hi

I've got 1.5 running sweetly - it rocks!

So I'm just wondering what are the major changes on v2 of the skins? I can't seem to find a list of the changes.

(I don't wanna break anything if I don't have to coz my Omnia is running the best its been so far)

cheers

Once installed, is there any way you can completely uninstall it? There does not seem to be any uninstall button, no listing in the settings menu, etc.

Thanks in advance

remove the spbmobileshellskin folder and reinstalling mobile shell was what i did, not sure the latter is required thou

Another annoyance for me, how can I change the default email client when pressing the email button on the Now page? It always opens my Outlook inbox but I want my Gmail one.

did somebody found a solution for this problem ?

Guest tropolite

Don't know if anyone has struck this problem...

I have installed the latest SPB shell and v2 of the skins. Working good.

I then installed VoiceCommand 1.6 and it screwed up all the shortcuts in the Personal, System and Connections folders.

I'd be interested in hearing from others to see if they had the same issue.

Also, one last little bit of advice... rename the mortscript before deleting the rest of the skins folder. I didn't, now all I get is the mortscript trying to boot up the menulauncher and it fills up the memory. I can't do anything with the phone, so it looks like I need to do a re-flash as I've never been able to get a hard reset working by the Omnia keys (holding down connect, and end keys while pushing in the soft reset buttton next to the on/off switch).

;)

there is a version 2.5 available now.

they are developing that very quick. I love those skins.

thanks for the link!

but I would love to know how to apply the skin to my whole welcome screen. including the bars on the top/bottom.

anyone know if that works?

Guest tropolite
there is a version 2.5 available now.

they are developing that very quick. I love those skins.

thanks for the link!

but I would love to know how to apply the skin to my whole welcome screen. including the bars on the top/bottom.

anyone know if that works?

Yes my friend... track back thru this thread - around pages 2-4. Gavinfabl shares how to correctly setup the skins so you can get the full benefit out of them.

Hope this helps...