Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

How can I change the default email client when pressing the email button on the Now page? It always opens my Outlook inbox but I want to get to hotmail..

I never found a solution but I did notice that when I have a new unread message and press it, it will open my gmail inbox instead of Outlook. That's all I really wanted. For going to the mailbox other times I use the app menu and messaging and for sending new emails I edited the 'new email' script that comes with the skins and put it in my 'My Menu'.

Guest daz306td

The more I use it.....The more its beginning to show its niggles.

its doesn't display the notifications as nice as it should, like meeting reminders and alarms - I'm having to switch back o normal today screen to view these. Also the fact that the the start bar doesnt display at the top really bugs me, on the HTCs its there - why not have on the SPB ? as the skin doesn't show connection details very well.

I'll be honest...... I cant fault the menus, runs ace, looks good - just lacks a little with functionality, its like it doesnt work in harmony with the background. If anything I'd want the interface just as a today screen plugin - no something the maximises itself over the full screen - so that I can still see both the top and bottom bar on the OS. - then I'd be happy ! ;)

The more I use it.....The more its beginning to show its niggles.

its doesn't display the notifications as nice as it should, like meeting reminders and alarms - I'm having to switch back o normal today screen to view these. Also the fact that the the start bar doesnt display at the top really bugs me, on the HTCs its there - why not have on the SPB ? as the skin doesn't show connection details very well.

I'll be honest...... I cant fault the menus, runs ace, looks good - just lacks a little with functionality, its like it doesnt work in harmony with the background. If anything I'd want the interface just as a today screen plugin - no something the maximises itself over the full screen - so that I can still see both the top and bottom bar on the OS. - then I'd be happy ! ;)

Let the dev know. I have emailed him a few times over some issues and he's very quick and helpful at getting back to me (I had 3 or 4 back and forth within the same day). He is happy to make options available so if it's possible he'll do it for ya.

Guest pdaphonemaster

I have installed and uninstalled (hard rest and restoring backup image) many times. I must admit that the skins are looking awefully good and the dual clock interface and nine short cuts instead of six came in very handy.

However, the downside was too much for me and I had to hard rest one last time and went back to the plain Shell iskin. The issues I had (in additions to those reported here) were system slow downs, lock ups and system errors. It appears the main script file (mortscrip) was causing the issue. Hangs ususally occur after syncing with no apparent reason and the error message pointed to mortscript file.

After going back to backup version before installing the skins, etc. all is fine.

So, I am saddended to report that my experience with this shell skin program is not a happy.

So make sure you make a backup before you install this skin program just in case you have to go back.

Guest daz306td
Let the dev know. I have emailed him a few times over some issues and he's very quick and helpful at getting back to me (I had 3 or 4 back and forth within the same day). He is happy to make options available so if it's possible he'll do it for ya.

TBH I want to persue Manila 2D... this ticks all my boxes.

can someone recommend me some alternative Dialer app or dialer skin for Omnia, Minimal DIALER is very fine but don't support WQVGA.

Maybe there is a posibility to make VITO funcontact as a dialer ?

Guest wildcardsa

Hey all - just got my Omnia today and already loaded up S2U and SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 with noooo issues.

I was using the trial version of Shell this morning and didnt realise that it wasnt the required shell version for these Kyro Skins. So when it kept saying " cant locate Shell 2.1.2" I paid for the upgrade and it still keeps saying the same.

Unforts I cant get these to load up at all as it keeps blocking me at the install Install_WQVGA.mscr stage. saying it still cant find Shell 2.1.2.......any suggestions, please?

Mark

Hey all - just got my Omnia today and already loaded up S2U and SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 with noooo issues.

I was using the trial version of Shell this morning and didnt realise that it wasnt the required shell version for these Kyro Skins. So when it kept saying " cant locate Shell 2.1.2" I paid for the upgrade and it still keeps saying the same.

Unforts I cant get these to load up at all as it keeps blocking me at the install Install_WQVGA.mscr stage. saying it still cant find Shell 2.1.2.......any suggestions, please?

Mark

read the instruction in the spb mobile shell skin folder, it tells you what to do when things went wrong. uninstall the program and the official spb mobile shell. soft reset, then re-install the official spb and register (assume that you already have the code). after that, install the skin to my storage, open up read me and follow the instruction. thats what i did. kinda comfusing at first place, but it works fine now. good luck.

Guest wildcardsa

read the instruction in the spb mobile shell skin folder, it tells you what to do when things went wrong. uninstall the program and the official spb mobile shell. soft reset, then re-install the official spb and register (assume that you already have the code). after that, install the skin to my storage, open up read me and follow the instruction. thats what i did. kinda comfusing at first place, but it works fine now. good luck.

Thanks buddy - typically it was down to my own stupidity. I had synced up and taken the whole Zipped file across as opposed to Unzipping it on my PC and then copying the files over to the Omnia instead. Once I had done this, all worked perfectly. The Skins rock. just wish I knew what style i was uploading before I had to skin it all through all the options. But this is brilliant nonetheless!

Guest supernova00

after installing an ihone2 theme by the help mobile shell im having problem with wi-fi connection..

has anyone experienced something like this?

if i find anything useful ill post here..

tx.

Guest gavinfabl
after installing an ihone2 theme by the help mobile shell im having problem with wi-fi connection..

has anyone experienced something like this?

if i find anything useful ill post here..

tx.

no issues with me .

Guest fresh87
hello,

Can anyone PM me spwatcher.cab, I didn't manage to find it on the web.

Thanks

It's on Page 3 of this thread, Gavinfabl has posted it in the second post down on page 3!

Guest gavinfabl

SPB Watcher. I have received so many pm's asking me for this, and whilst I dont mind emailing it etc.. it is annoying that nobody has taken the time to read and look at the 6 pages of this thread, where on one of my posts I attached it !!!!!!!!!!!!

I myself googled it on XDA Developers forum.

In 2.6 when I choose HTC white digital clock I get either black or transparent.

If anyone is using these skins (doesn’t matter which version) with firmware HI3 you need to disable error reporting otherwise every time you change options you will get the M$ error message.

Guest fresh87

Release 2.6 - 03/Oct/2008

This upgrade includes:

- added the choice for the bottom tab icons (no more related to the background image)

- support for coloured digital clocks

- fixed some graphical bugs.

Taken straight from the website Daymo!

Guest Bas1985

Does anyone know how to remove the "Favorite button"? In your today screen you have your mail button, sms button, call log and favorite button..is it possible to remove this button? I know how to disable it, but not how to remove the damn thing

hi every one, i install spbskins normal, first the Mortscipt.exe, and then the Install_QVGA.mscr and everything goes perfect, but when i tried to put the spbmenu the screen turns black. what am i doing wrong? ive tried a million times and always the same, once i install the skins the spb doesnt work, i have to uninstal it a install again to make it work again with the basic skin.

Guest robertut

It looks awesome indeed, but very often during usage, the softkeys, and the taskbar keeps re-appearing and disappearing. I find this pretty annoying. Perhaps it could be resized in such a manner that softkeys and taskbar remain visible all the time.