Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest Carlos_C
I've revised the original instructions. This should help. If you're getting the 3 screens but no skin change, one of the path's in the options.ini file is wrong (in scripts).

Installation Instructions:

1) If you haven't installed mobile shell before, skip to step 2. If you have, remove the folder 'SpbMobileShellSkins' from your "My Storage" / "Storage Card".

2) Extract the .zip file into the root of your desired storage location. Note that you need to edit options.ini (inside the scripts folder) if you wish to install to your Micro SD. To do so, replace SkinPath=\My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins with SkinPath=\Storage Card\SpbMobileShellSkin.

3) Apply the language patch. Extract the .zip file (make sure you download the correct resolution) and overwrite any files that you installed above with these.

4) Using your phone, open File Explorer and find your desired installation location (as above). Go to 'SpbMobileShellSkins/Scrips'. In here run the file 'Mortscipt.exe'. This will enable the other scripts to run.

5) In File Explorer, you can now run the file "InstallMenus.mscr". This will add 3 additional icons to SPBShell.

6) You will notice 23 other scripts like Luna_Paper.mscr. Each time you run one of these, when you go to SPBShell/Programs/Tools/SBP Skins a new skin will become available. If you want all 23, then run all 23 scripts. Check the website for screenshots.

Having trouble?

- If all goes wrong, or you don't like the new skins, you can revert to the original skin by running the 'Orignal.mscr' script!

- If the link into the Spb Skins sub-menu doesn't work, delete it from the Spb Mobile Shell settings and create it again tapping on the relative .mscr script from the Scripts folder.

when i hit MortScript i get

.mscr and .mortrun extensions registered.

Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual i dont see a .mscr or .mortrun how do i run them?

Guest Carlos_C

i install this and i think is great but on top of my screen i get a weird 43 lines

_ _ _ <-- like that (greeen) and the speaker (green)

is there anyway to take off those _ _ _ lines?

i install this and i think is great but on top of my screen i get a weird 43 lines

_ _ _ <-- like that (greeen) and the speaker (green)

is there anyway to take off those _ _ _ lines?

No. IIRC those lines show you the on/off status of your Bluetooth / WiFi / and whatever else the 3rd one is! :lol:

Guest the-jackal
No. IIRC those lines show you the on/off status of your Bluetooth / WiFi / and whatever else the 3rd one is! :lol:

Yeah they are but they do not seem to work on this version. I used to have _ _ _ For bluetooth On and Phone On now all three are grey.

EDIT: Just turned Bluetooth off and the grren one came on for phone. Turned Bluetooth back on and seems to be working fine now. ;-)

Edited by the-jackal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirciulica

I've installed the skins, they are excellent !

But I have a small "problem" :D

I am missing the Favorites status button (the one you when you press it, you go to the "my menu". I have the "e-mail" ... the "SMS" and the "Call log" buttons, but missing the 4th one (the one that is like a red heart under Omnia skin). Do you know why, or what should I do to have it there ?

Thanks for all posts here ! :lol:

Guest Mirciulica
I've installed the skins, they are excellent !

But I have a small "problem" B)

I am missing the Favorites status button (the one you when you press it, you go to the "my menu". I have the "e-mail" ... the "SMS" and the "Call log" buttons, but missing the 4th one (the one that is like a red heart under Omnia skin). Do you know why, or what should I do to have it there ?

Thanks for all posts here ! B)

Here is a pic of the screen with the missing icon ... on the right side of the second row from bottom. Can anybody help me find it ? B)

post-445388-1226319237_thumb.jpg

Guest shedmeister

Just a big thank you to all those of you that have posted on this - it's been a great help to this novice. Hope I can contribute in the future.

Cheers ta! B)

Guest choihyun
Does anyone know how to change the email icon from going to Outlook Email instead of the more useful 'active' email account?

Thanks.

ive seen this question at least 5 times and i still havnt found an answer lol.

Guest Mirciulica
Here is a pic of the screen with the missing icon ... on the right side of the second row from bottom. Can anybody help me find it ? B)

Did anybody face something similar ?

Guest zagzag99

I get it installed but I thought it will replace the "Today" Display , instead it's a press away from the Today, it's a bit annoying.

(I have it configured to "Show now once the device awakes")

When the device get's locked, my S2U2 appears but when it's unlocked I still get the "locked" state of windows mobile and it requires me to unlock it again.

Did anybody else face similar issues ?

Also I miss the iContact and iDialer . They are much more nicer than the SPB Shell's contact/dialer.

Guest Mirciulica
Does anyone know how to remove the "Favorite button"? In your today screen you have your mail button, sms button, call log and favorite button..is it possible to remove this button? I know how to disable it, but not how to remove the damn thing

I don't know how to remove Favorite button. I have it there, I can access it, but the icon is not showed !!! B)

What can I do to see the Favorite icon ?

Guest Jonny B

Newbie here hoping for some help!

I have installed SPB Skins and got it running fine except for one thing - I have chosen to have tha analogue clock displayed on the now screen, but a digital clock is still visible behind it.

How do i get rid of the digital clock?

I have the latest version of SPB Skins installed!

Many thanks in advance for any help in solving this.

B)

settings => customize menu => click on MY MENU

this is the 4rth menu on the first screen..

some videos of my setup here..

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

check videos

5). SPB Omnia Skin

9). (Updated 04 Nov 08) Custom "Lite" (LTE02) ROM on DTHJ9 with FlashLite3.1 & UC, Lite

10). Why not switch between tasks using the Xperia way B)

have fun

Guest Jonny B
settings => customize menu => click on MY MENU

this is the 4rth menu on the first screen..

some videos of my setup here..

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

check videos

5). SPB Omnia Skin

9). (Updated 04 Nov 08) Custom "Lite" (LTE02) ROM on DTHJ9 with FlashLite3.1 & UC, Lite

10). Why not switch between tasks using the Xperia way B)

have fun

Ok so now i'm feeling really dumb!

I have gone to My Menu and clicked and there is nothing related to the clock, just screeen layout (ie grid or other).

Am i having a blonde moment??? B)