Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Thanks thats made it appear in the today items, only problem is now its working but it still shows the old today screen for half a second then jumps to spb menu. Is this how its meant to run?

Guest ME1STNINJA

ITS WORKING !!!!! ITS WORKING !!!!!

Thanks to everyone who advised me with my issue, what was the issues i hear you ask..... Well the skins program was about 15mb light.... Dont know why it was missing but downloaded the full setup and now...

SWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!

Time to start playing with it more

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE :)

Tap Scripts. Tap first on Mortscript.exe , Then tap options.mscr, and then install_wqvga . Select language if asked. Now in the scrips folder tap on each skin. After tapping each skin it appears in the spb tools settings in spbskins as shown previously. You can then select here.

Tap on a skin. If will ask if you want to alter the other options. You will get a screen 1st as below. I select the last option.

Hi - i have the skins installed and they work perfectly - love them. However I do not get what you are talking about. I have all the skins listed in spkskins - but when I click on one I have to go through the whole setup process - rather than just the one screen you are talking about. Is there a way I can change this to go straight to the options screen you have?

Thanks

Guest ivanxxx

I'm very happy with SPB mobile shell, I dont even see unnecessary samsung menu since I installed SPB for 2 months and I dont need dough! I had some small tunnings with menus and skins and I stick to it..

I just want to ask a question about it to who knows.. Is it safe to mortscript from start-up / Do we need it only when we want to set a new skin?

Guest Buddhainuk

Got SPB mobile shell working now and installed skin pack but with i have tryed the iphone skin it just to slow then locks out any one got idear why?

thanks guys for any help

Guest haus6565

Loving it!

Just curious as to the better answer to the "low memory" question, Yes or No, when running thru the skin customizer and what does it pertain too?

Edited by haus6565

Guest DJRedLine
Loving it!

Just curious as to the better answer to the "low memory" question, Yes or No, when running thru the skin customizer and what does it pertain too?

Not really noticed any difference. But i think the low memory option doesnt put all scripts into memory so may take the smallest amount of time extra to switch screens etc.

Guest thepeoplesclub
Not really noticed any difference. But i think the low memory option doesnt put all scripts into memory so may take the smallest amount of time extra to switch screens etc.

Low memory is the weather page. If you use low memory then your weather is one page, if not it is on two pages which looks better in my opinion.

Guest DJRedLine
Low memory is the weather page. If you use low memory then your weather is one page, if not it is on two pages which looks better in my opinion.

Is that it? :)

Guest mementomori

ok i think everyone likes the skin.. but isnt there anyone who is bothered like me by the fact that the skin makes spb much slower? i've tried several times, because i like the extra menu options etc.. but its just anoying slow compared just to spb regular..

any solutions? or is everyone satisfied with the way it works

Guest haus6565
ok i think everyone likes the skin.. but isnt there anyone who is bothered like me by the fact that the skin makes spb much slower? i've tried several times, because i like the extra menu options etc.. but its just anoying slow compared just to spb regular..

any solutions? or is everyone satisfied with the way it works

I honestly have not noticed any slow downs. The one thing I did do was go in and untick all options in spb phone book and spb pocket plus and cleared everything off the Today screen bypassing the screen altogether with spbwatcher and am useing only the skins as they do everything I wanted all the others I paid for do.

I just want to ask a question about it to who knows.. Is it safe to mortscript from start-up / Do we need it only when we want to set a new skin?

I have been actually wondering about the same, since I noticed the mortscript running all the time and using some % of the processor... so I just asked the creator of the skin: Miki himself, and here is what I got:

the mortscript is responsible for 2 things:

1. executing the skin changes

2. refreshing the 3 radio status leds (yellow for wifi, blue for BT and green for phone), so if you want those leds to show your radio status - you need the mortscript running in the background.

Hope it helps

Guest mementomori
I have been actually wondering about the same, since I noticed the mortscript running all the time and using some % of the processor... so I just asked the creator of the skin: Miki himself, and here is what I got:

2. refreshing the 3 radio status leds (yellow for wifi, blue for BT and green for phone), so if you want those leds to show your radio status - you need the mortscript running in the background.

Hope it helps

so if you dont use the leds, and you've fixed your skin you can turn mortscript off?

well maybe it will help, i will try

tnx

Guest shallgood

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the awesome instructions and tips, I am really new to all of this and I got everything installed including SpbWatcher and it worked perfectly thanks to the detailed instructions. I am using v3.1 of the skins on my I910 from verizon and as far as I know everything is working perfectly so thanks again!!!! :)

Rich

Guest Elcoholic

Gonna try this in a few days, just got mobile shell and need to get to know it a bit. Loving it so far.

I do have a question, I want to buy some of their extra clock collections, only its not explained what to do with them. Can I just place that download in the folder where the stock clocks are? Figured i'd just download them before before installing the skins and do it all at once if it works that way.

Guest ivanxxx

Hope it helps

hey ! Thank You maad11, I've been using it with turned off mortscript and since afew days I've gr8 battery life, like 3 days with normal phone using, but I using gps and wi-fi very rare. Anyway, I dont have 3 radio leds on taskbar, I've standard winmo icons on spbmobile taskbar and I didnt notice any differece about it. I'm happy with it.

Thanks.

hey ! Thank You maad11, I've been using it with turned off mortscript and since afew days I've gr8 battery life, like 3 days with normal phone using, but I using gps and wi-fi very rare. Anyway, I dont have 3 radio leds on taskbar, I've standard winmo icons on spbmobile taskbar and I didnt notice any differece about it. I'm happy with it.

Thanks.

Glad I could help. :)

I have to try this myself, since I am not changing the skins very often, and the Wifi/BT I can turn on and off via the regular home screen plugin. So how much in fact did turning the mortscript off improve your battery life?

Best Regards

Mhhh I really like SBP shell integrated into the today screen.

The SPB Menu itself... from the package: http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.htm I dont like the graphics. Low in Resolution.

Even the Standard Theme coming with SPB shell has better Graphics. I also tried the SPB Shell Omnia theme for WQVGA and it looks much better than the one from this Package??????

OR AM I th eonly one thinking so?

Guest Diggedy

I tried SPB mobile shell yesterday but i found everytime i pressed the "hang up" key it returned me to the today screen. I was thinking this would replace the today screen, in pretty much the same way Wisbar does (well doesnt replace, but doesnt return to it)

Am i doing this wrong, or is SPB basically a fancy menu system you can go to.

Guest Elcoholic
I tried SPB mobile shell yesterday but i found everytime i pressed the "hang up" key it returned me to the today screen. I was thinking this would replace the today screen, in pretty much the same way Wisbar does (well doesnt replace, but doesnt return to it)

Am i doing this wrong, or is SPB basically a fancy menu system you can go to.

That's normal. Install spbwatcher and it it'll bypass the normal today screen and go straight to the spb menu every time the today menu is called. You can find it a few pages back.