The custom ROM how-to discussion thread

Guest PaulOBrien

ok no problem i delete my post ready After that i say sorry to secary because i don't know what you think but we help you to share our custom rom if you don't like it ok i should delete no problem <_

Edited by onizza

Guest huyentran

Hi PAUL

I have down your file in OMNIA HJ1, seem that Samsung today 2 have the same problem, no ICON at all

Could you check

Samsung today 1 is OK

Thank you for your great work

Guest huyentran
Hi PAUL

I have down your file in OMNIA HJ1, seem that Samsung today 2 have the same problem, no ICON at all

Could you check

Samsung today 1 is OK

There is bug

Choose Samsung today 1

Choose "Phone book" in stand by mode

Error in "device.exe"

Pls check with thank you

ok no problem i delete my post ready After that i say sorry to secary because i don't know what you think but we help you to share our custom rom if you don't like it ok i should delete no problem <_<

:lol:

Edited by pukull

PDAMobiz have a ROM up too. This is really just an interim test ROM to test my methods before I do a proper job on the forthcoming HJ5 ROM.

That said, all working OK for me (slight Samsung Today 2 caveat aside!), nice and fast with the bits I like and a nice lot of free storage... :D

P

Good day, Paul,

Sorry for the DTHJ5 delay, as I was expecting HJ6 coming out. It does, but nothing change except it branded to Optus, means crap. now HJ5 on uploading.

Can we discuss any idea how our custom rom we be? Send me an PM your yahoo/msn/icq please :lol:

Edited by secany

@onizza, help me pass me message to them. Thank you.

To be honestly, I doesn't like cooked rom at all. Wallpapers all crap, added too many unneeded program. But over all, I hate the way they change the about screen and the boot screen. Of course, many of you will think I'm talking sh*t, lol :lol:.

Well, let's talk about the about screen:

Are they REALLY know what "About" means? Even Samsung, HTC they are not allowed to change in the About, they why these guys doing that? Did they REALLY made the rom? They keep the "Windows Mobile 6.1 PRO bla bla bla", and write their own credit there, do that mean they are author Windows Mobile 6.1 PRO? Absolutely NOT FUN, man! Windows Mobile is a property of Microsoft, we all know that. Even I don't like Microsoft much, but we do and we are using their program, if you don't like to mention them, then don't consider their property is your, this is equal to stolen!!!

Boot logo, this is heavily advertising purpose, mate. If you want to credit to you, put a text or something is more than enough.

About the way they "credit to", it's make me feel unhappy. Why the hell they forget they founder, Microsoft Corp. , Samsung? Without them, you guys can have a rom to cook, a phone to use?

My 2cents, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Edited by secany

To be honestly, I doesn't like cooked rom at all. Wallpapers all crap, added too many unneeded program. But over all, I hate the way they change the about screen and the boot screen. Of course, many of you will think I'm talking sh*t, lol :lol: .

Are they REALLY know what "About" means? Even Samsung, HTC they are not allowed to change in the About, they why these guys doing that? Did they REALLY made the rom? They keep the "Windows Mobile 6.1 PRO bla bla bla", and write their own credit there, do that mean they are author Windows Mobile 6.1 PRO? Absolutely NOT FUN, man! Windows Mobile is a property of Microsoft, we all know that. Even I don't like Microsoft much, but we do and we are using their program, if you don't like to mention them, then don't consider their property is your, this is equal to stolen!!!

Boot logo, this is heavily advertising purpose, mate. If you want to credit to you, put a text or something is more than enough.

About the way they "credit to", it's make me feel unhappy. Why the hell they forget they founder, Microsoft Corp. , Samsung? Without them, you guys can have a rom to cook, a phone to use?

I agree with you on About page.

So , onizza , don't release it.

pukull

To be honestly, I doesn't like cooked rom at all. Wallpapers all crap, added too many unneeded program. But over all, I hate the way they change the about screen and the boot screen. Of course, many of you will think I'm talking sh*t, lol :lol: .

Ok i'm delete ready. I think ok for you.

Guest GSeeker2
Hi PAUL

Could you check

Samsung today 1 is OK

there is a bug fix in ealier post, check it out.

Good day, Paul,

Sorry for the DTHJ5 delay, as I was expecting HJ6 coming out. It does, but nothing change except it branded to Optus, means crap. now HJ5 on uploading.

Can we discuss any idea how our custom rom we be? Send me an PM your yahoo/msn/icq please :lol:

Secany will you be making the DTHJ5 available for all of us to flash?

Guest panateo
Secany will you be making the DTHJ5 available for all of us to flash?

I quote 1Mack, please make it available to everyone.. :lol: (I mean, the original DTHJ5)

thanks!

Cheers,

T.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Dear Paul and all,

mrtoto, who make nb0_Kitchen is a member of PDAMobiz.com.

And vivi is the one who post this tool at PDAMobiz and xda-dev.

http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=145804

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=396755

When you build a new Omnia ROM with this tool,please give credits to mrtoto and PDAMobiz.com.

Thanks,

pukull

That info has already been posted at least 3 times... :lol:

P

OK, not much point posting if it's not publicly available though?

P

I will post the link to d/l if mrtoto permit.

Asking for the permission and wait for his reply.

pukull

Guest skypekestutis

Hi,

Someone posted before about OMNIA MOBIZ HI3 THAI CUSTOMIZE ROM FOR I900

http://pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=175220&PN=1&TPN=1

so later i found they published they custiom rom to rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/154785555/Omnia_HI3.rar.html

But only one problem i can not understand what is the password to extract this rar file !!!!

--------------------------

ขอบคุณคุณ Teeh สำหรับรอมคะ

และขอบคุณคุณ onizza สำหรับ mirror ค่ะ (โหลดจากเวปโน้นไม่ได้เหมือน

Guest fenomeno83

paul,can you add coreplayer as default avi and mp4 player?

try this settings in coreplayer 1.2.5

menu-options-orientations = left handed and follow this gui

menu-options-zoom = fill screen

menu-options-pixel aspect radio = auto

menu-tools-preferences-select page-video = video output: Intel xscale, Video quality:High,Smooth zoom:On,Dither flag on

menu-tools-preferences-select page-network = youtube format on H264(high quality)

menu-tools-preferences-select page-file association = set also mpeg4files and video files

now if you run a video make with omnia (at 640x480) or a divx will be perfect!!!

maybe samsung doesn't increase video bitrate because touchplayer (a front end o wondows media player)can't manage very well mp4v files in high resolution and high bitrate and frame rate

I saw in registry that there is a value "video quality"..maybe can be setted to increase quality..I think no problem using coreplayer

after for me it's important add a voip software as fring

Edited by fenomeno83

paul,can you add coreplayer as default avi and mp4 player?

I hope not, I dont use coreplayer, WM player works for me with no problems over BT. As others have said I really think a clean rom devoid of samsung's addon apps like shozu is the best option, that way everyone can customize as they want. That way no one has to have apps they dont use installed taking up storage space.

Guest buyukbang

Clean ROM is better,

Because when cooking programs to the ROM, upgrading them will be impossible in future updates. For example, unfortunately we cannot use new Opera builds and Flash Lite 3.5 since their previous builds are cooked in the ROM. Program updating without changing ROM is very important. So Paul, please do not add things like Core Player to your custom ROM.

By the way, I do not mention to remove all the things like FM Radio :lol: . Just be cruel for the oversized craps should be removed.

Of course IMHO...

Edited by buyukbang