Manila 2D Ported to Omnia

Guest Omnia_1

Guest us1111
I get the same problem when I try to overwite the installed settings xml file and background png file with the omnia modified ones and pur them in the manilagfx folder under \windows on the device's main memory. Has anyone else managed to get around this file copy problem

Next thing we should do is determine what files can be moved to storage card and where.. Once we find that out, we can create a mortscript which automates the lot so we can run this after installing the cabs from XDA...

So please tell us your findings in this regard here...

Edited by us1111

Could you guys please tell me

how to install Manila 2d ???

as I can't understand from the instructions present on xda dev.

I have downloaded all the needed files but still I can't understand the order in which they have to be installed

sorry I am a newbie

Guest iNicc0lo
Could you guys please tell me

how to install Manila 2d ???

as I can't understand from the instructions present on xda dev.

I have downloaded all the needed files but still I can't understand the order in which they have to be installed

sorry I am a newbie

i'v done an italian guide if you can understand

http://www.hdblog.it/mobile/samsung/?p=1188

huh? The touch screen on the Iphone will always be better than Omnia and Kaiser, eventhough it sux as a phone. The touch screen is not only multi touch but also has thermal sensing/sensor making it extremely responsive and accurate.

Thanks for sharing info on your old Kaiser ;)

By Smoothness I mean the overall speed of the phone, not so much the touch screen sensitivity.

Regarding the screen: My main question here is why is the touchscreen on my Kaiser so much more responsive than the touch screen on my Omnia?

On the Kaiser I have two settings for sensitivity with the normal drivers, and a few others with SPB Plus, and I think that there are yet more (or at least different) settings for FTouchSL and Touch commander.

On the Omnia I have yet to find a reliable way to increase its sensitivity. This may be the drivers or it may be some hidden registry settings that I don't know about. I wonder if touch command or SPB plus is any good here, I haven't really tried either. I have tried FTouchSL with mixed results.

Regarding Capacitative vs Pressure sensitive screens:

The Omnia has a capacitative Dpad and a pressure sensitive Screen, the IPhone has a capacitative screen, to my knowledge there are no winmo phones with capacitative screens.

What I like about capacitative screens:

- Touch sernsitivity is great

- Dragging does not require pressure. It only requires contact.

- You are less likely to accidently trigger it in your pocket.

What I don't like:

- Cannot use a stylus (or at least any normal one)

- Cannot use you nails

- Cannot use chopsticks, retracted pens, or retractied pencils.

Corrolly

- Sketching and note taking dosn't feel natural with your finger

- Winmo occasionally requires high precision, a capacitative screen does not offer a good way to do this

- Touch unfriendly screens are slowly being phased out

- Unless you have a big screen relative to your finger size, thumbing a keyboard can be very frustating.

- T9/T+ helps (I still use TPal the most)

- I often use the side of my thumbs fingetnail for precision when typing the capacitative screens don't like this.

Asid from occasional zooming, I have yet to experience or see anyone use multi-touch in an practical manner.

Guest Omnia_1
On the Omnia I have yet to find a reliable way to increase its sensitivity. This may be the drivers or it may be some hidden registry settings that I don't know about. I wonder if touch command or SPB plus is any good here, I haven't really tried either. I have tried FTouchSL with mixed results.
I think you must try SPB Shell or ThrottleLauncher, you may be surprised.

Guest Microsoftt
all skins work really well. just resize the background png and replace the htchomesettings with the omnia one and you are ready!

screen001aw5.png

Dear, panaros

How do this .?

and replace the htchomesettings with the omnia one

Guest panaros
Dear, panaros

How do this .?

i just took the knobi mac skin from the thread @ xda-devs and meke a new background 240x400 and overwrite the htchomesettings.xml with that provided in this thread

I think you must try SPB Shell or ThrottleLauncher, you may be surprised.

Thanks for the advice. SPB Shell on the Omnia is a lot more responsive and smoother than it is on the Kaiser.

I have not yet tried ThrottleLauncher, but I think that I'll try Manilla as I am flashing my Omnia for DXHI3

How would you said Manilla2D compares to ThrottleLauncher? They seem similar in a number of ways.

Guest Omnia_1
Thanks for the advice. SPB Shell on the Omnia is a lot more responsive and smoother than it is on the Kaiser.

I have not yet tried ThrottleLauncher, but I think that I'll try Manilla as I am flashing my Omnia for DXHI3

How would you said Manilla2D compares to ThrottleLauncher? They seem similar in a number of ways.

To be honest I havent used Manila for long, I hardreset very soon after install and have been using SPB Shell since. ThrottleLauncher is very nice app, however it requires quite alot of work to skin and change layout.

• 8 months later...
Guest optixgate

I just spent the last 3 hours getting all the nessary information to install Manila 2D on my Omnia. I got it working. now the only thing is the the flow menu that you use to navigate between all the features (Home, Contacts, Messages, Internet etc...) is 3/4 way down the screen its not at the bottom where it should be. so when i go to Contacts the flow menu is 3/4 way down but all my contacts go down to the bottom. is there anyway to fix this

Thanks

Guest scoiattolo
I just spent the last 3 hours getting all the nessary information to install Manila 2D on my Omnia. I got it working. now the only thing is the the flow menu that you use to navigate between all the features (Home, Contacts, Messages, Internet etc...) is 3/4 way down the screen its not at the bottom where it should be. so when i go to Contacts the flow menu is 3/4 way down but all my contacts go down to the bottom. is there anyway to fix this

Thanks

Why bumping an old thread? Did you check the dates of the last posts? :D

Plus you are using and old M2D installation.

Search in the forum and you will find recent threads with the correct M2D adapted to the OMNIA resolution.

Plenty of threads about this and of .cabs AIO. There are also ROM's with M2D already included.

For a stand-alone installation, I would suggest you use this (latest stable is 21/19 version):

http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/277941...eta2-available/