OmniaSIP - Omnia default SIP changer - NEW VERSION 2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pbrand

Thanks again for some handy software, Paul!

And for the source code. I have installed WM6 sdk and WM6.1 emulator modules so now I can examine your source code and learn by example ;)

Guest panateo

Hi Paul,

I'm using DXHI2 ROM and I've installed the version 2 over version 1. It works but the first time I've rebooted the phone it gave me an error message at start-up.

The strange thing is, even I have an English ROM, the message within the window was in Italian. ;)

Anyway, now it works OK, thank you for the development!

Cheers.

EDIT1: It doesn't work, switching from landscape to portrait the error pops-up again..

Edited by panateo

Guest panateo
Make sure you've used OmniaSIP to set your default SIP for each orientation...

Will flash DXHI2 myself later...

P

Yes, I've done it, but it's the same.. Do you have any idea why the error message is in Italian??

thanks Paul.

Guest Thugbear76

Works ok witht he selection. But when I accidentally or on purpose tilt the phone and it switches from landscape to portrait, the keypad part hangs. I have the default samsung keyboard on landscape and the samsung phonepad on portrait.

And I have a HI2 rom... so dunno, that breaks it for me at the moment....

Guest Massive Attack
Huh, installed DXHI2 and it does indeed have issues!

Investigating...

P

if it helps, HI2 do really have some problems, like it takes a long time to unfold the keyboard menu. unlike on previous roms, maybe its related.

Guest Thugbear76
It DEFINITELY doesn't like HI2! Bah!

;)

P

Well, that is a shame... I have it working... untill I forget that i should close the keyboard part before I turn n twist. That is odd... makes me wonder - as this is really speeding up my use of the machine normally. Thanks for confirming it, and for trying it out - marvellous job your doing here, and it isnt said enough!!!

Guest Massive Attack
It DEFINITELY doesn't like HI2! Bah!

;)

P

not your fault dude, its the phone's fault, somehow DXHI2 also "rejected" resco keyboard pro, somethings wrong with the implementation of keyboard on HI2 which i cant point my finger to.

Guest akiden

hmmm...somehow it's not working very well with my HH3.

Vers1 was fantastic! Vers2 hangs sometimes.

But hey Pual, regardless, u did a good job man!

Guest Balifly33

I've got HG4 and got some error after the reboot, once I set my sip settings and rebooted seemed to work. However after a second soft reset-for good measure-when entering in portrait was keypad, when changed to landscape it swapped over to the Samsung Keyboard but locked up the phone.

rebooted it a couple of times and switched the orientation now it works like a gem.

I lied, seems to work ok for a few then locks up... oh well went back to version 1 which rocks thanks Paul!

Edited by Balifly33

Guest Thugbear76
Gonna try the new build on HI3...

P

OK, cause then i will go to the HI3 - as thise is really the most wanted/used thing I have on that phone ;)

No sarcasm, before it read that way - it is just speeding my sms/emailing up so much!

Guest 200mpx

On HI3 I have a problem with second version - when I switch default sip to keypad and touch Save I have a message that "Default Landscape SIP updated" but I was changing default sip in portrait mode. And after SR I'm still having keyboard instead of keypad ;)