OmniaSIP - Omnia default SIP changer - NEW VERSION 2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zkyevolved

How did you get the space bar in the middle for the qwerty? I'm waiting for my OMNIA to arrive, but from what i've seen playing with it is that the original qwerty keyboard in landscape is on the far right (horrible). In your picture, it's in the middle :s. Does this installer file include the keyboard or only the app to switch?

Thanks!

Guest zkyevolved

Ohhh that might do it! LOL! The ROM I was playing with was the Spanish version :S. What's the latest English build (and of course, where can I download it?) :lol: (that's stable and that has good battery life! haha. That's really the most important thing for me). I checked out the samsung page but they don't have the UK as a place to download the OS's. :o They're all these nonenglish speaking countries. So I have no idea! Could you direct me to a thread that does have the latest builds? Thanks ;) You're the bomb! My Omnia should be here this week! I'm too excited :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest supertxull

Hi!

I´d like to use the MS Keyboard when my Omnia starts. I don´t like the samsung ones. ¿Can I set this keyboard by default? ¿How?

Many thanks and sorry for my english.

Hi!

I´d like to use the MS Keyboard when my Omnia starts. I don´t like the samsung ones. ¿Can I set this keyboard by default? ¿How?

I think this may be what you are looking for and work for you (SIPChange). I have used it on other Win mobile phones before.

Guest gravityz

i installed resco keyboard and it seems it is defaulting to that everytime

Hi!

Guest Kurvenal

I was hoping that this would let me set Block Recognizer as a default option (I started out on a Palm, and still like graffiti best). Any chance you can build this in to future versions?

All the best,

Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments!

P

I wanna donate more than $1!

You should have a few available amounts. Like $5 or $10. It takes forever to login to paypal, change my funding source, click confirm, click yes etc. every time.

B)

Guest supertxull
i installed resco keyboard and it seems it is defaulting to that everytime

Thanks but, is not possible to set the MS keyboard to default?

I like this keyboard and I don´t wanna to change it.

I modified some registry keys and my Omnia was bricked again <_< .

I found this:

How to remove unwanted SIP

HKCR\CLSID

search below for each type:

Samsung Panel (at 63th)

{209DFEC6-8F27-428b-9BD3-671FD9F71C04}

IsSIPInputMethod > change 1 to 0

Keyboard (121th)

{42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}

Letter Recognizer (122th)

{42429690-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}

Block Recognizer (123th)

{42429691-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}

Chinese writing (211th)

{7C20A390-0F0D-49f2-89AE-D10821F36776}

Samsung Phonepad (323th)

{CE176388-8E63-4549-0646-BE242E3FE78C}

Samsung Keyboard (324th)

{CE176388-8E63-4549-0946-BE242E3FE78C}

Samsung Keypad (325th)

{CE176388-8E63-4549-0A46-BE242E3FE78C}

Transcriber (390th)

{F0034DD0-2AD4-11d1-9CB0-E84BE8000000}

And

How to disable auto keyboard

HKCU/ControlPanel/Sip

TurnOffAutoDeploy

Change 0 to 1

But nothing happened... My default keyboard is Samsung Keyboard. B)

Guest Music Four Four

I installed OmniaSIP. I can set the default to Samsung Keyboard. However, occasionally, error screen prompted when the screen changes to landscape. I uninstalled and default keybaord reverted.

my ROM is Singapore as follows:

PDA i900DXHJ1/DZHJ1

Phone i900DXHJ1

Hi Paul,

Thanks for great app... I used it on Passoa version 3 rom...

Now I have upgraded to PassoA M2D4 latest ROM and I get the Framework NETCF3.5 error that I need to install it whevener on start of windows the OmniaSip loads...

Anyone had similar issue?

Any clue what to do? Also I tried install Netcf3.5 but I get error message at the end that installation was not complete...

thanks for answers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nost@lgia
NOW AT VERSION 2 WITH SEPERATE SIP SETTINGS FOR PORTRAIT / LANDSCAPE!

omniasip.png
Presenting, OmniaSIP... a program by myself to change the default SIP at startup and orientation switch, because I use the 20 key and got fed up with it keep launching in keyboard mode (except in landscape where it's better) :)

Features:

- Nice UI

- Nice icon

- Orientation aware

- AppToDate compatible

- CAB packaged

Source code is now available below too, enjoy (not updated to V2 yet) :rolleyes:

To use, install then REBOOT (important). Run OmniaSIP set your chosen SIP and hit save, switch orientation, do the same, then you're good to go!

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

MoDaCo.OmniaSIP.CAB

OmniaSIP.1.08.09.25.source.zip

Hi Paul, Happy new year.

could u put a line in ur post about net 3.5 thing. I tried ur sip change program and it reguires .net 3.5 and I failed to use it...

B.rgds/Nost@lgia

• 3 weeks later...
Guest volsmcfalls

Neat app here. Very useful.

Currently when I enter into the text messages the samsung keyboard pops up, but it is not in the text keyboard. It always defaults to the numbers / symbols keyboard. Very annoying. Can the phone not deduce that I want to use text in text messages? Why must I switch every time I enter text messages or emails? Odd.

Does this app fix this problem? I read through everything and it looks like it just tells the phone which keyboard you want to use by default depending on screen orientation. But, it doesn't mention anything about forcing the text up instead of the symbols / numbers.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Lucavi

Hmm, i installed NET 3.5 and set it up correctly as instructed here. It will install, and not crash. But it won't save the input in relation to the orientation. It will always be whatever is save for Portrait mode .

:(

I'm using the DXIA2/DZIA2 rom. Net 3.5 takes up A LOT of room!