OmniaSIP - Omnia default SIP changer - NEW VERSION 2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blobs
Neat app here. Very useful.

Currently when I enter into the text messages the samsung keyboard pops up, but it is not in the text keyboard. It always defaults to the numbers / symbols keyboard. Very annoying. Can the phone not deduce that I want to use text in text messages? Why must I switch every time I enter text messages or emails? Odd.

Thanks!

I believe that's because a text is sent to a number, not a name.

To enter a name select menu/add recipients/contacts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ellaqezi
I believe that's because a text is sent to a number, not a name.

To enter a name select menu/add recipients/contacts.

That's true. love the app.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest s0cks

Paul,

Nice app but I'm getting problems.

If I cook it in a ROM, when I boot the device for the first time... the SIPSet.exe show me an error...

Like something that cannot be NULL.

The problem is that when I install the cab (package in the ROM), the SIPSet.lnk is copied to \Windows\Startup... and I didn't open the OmniaSIP.exe, the SIPSet.exe try to set a NULL parameter.

I tried to remove SIPSet.lnk from Startup, but everytime that I restart my phone, my SIP change to Samsung Default!

I think that this problem occurs if you install OmniaSIP and don't run it and restart immediately the device. Because SIPSet.lnk depends of the first run of OmniaSIP.exe.

Is there a way that can I solve this? What SIPSet got from OmniaSIP? A file? A registry setting?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
Guest Chadwicky
I think that this problem occurs if you install OmniaSIP and don't run it and restart immediately the device. Because SIPSet.lnk depends of the first run of OmniaSIP.exe.

I also am having problems -- I'm running Wozzer's Manila 2D ROM on Windows Mobile 6.5, and receive a similar error after restarting the first time referring to OmniaSIP.exe. Then, after setting the orientations and resetting again it doesn't load my chosen keyboard, and doesn't switch when changing orientations, nor when opening the keyboard after changing orientations...

Is this related to the new ROM(s)?

S0cks -- did you find a work around for making this work, I wasn't clear on your comments...

thanks!

Guest gorf1000

This is a phenomenal app! I don't know why I never looked at this thread before, but one of the first functionalities I wished I had on my Omnia when I got it 3 months ago. I saw my friends Storm switch from a two-letter keypad to a full keyboard in portrait/landscape and got annoyed that Samsung didn't think of that when they built this phone. Of course that's what makes WM great, if the manufacturer didn't think of it someone else can make up for it.

This has now become one of my default apps to be installed any time I rebuild my phone.

Guest tjark

Hi Paul, Thanx for the nice program,

But I still have a problem with the Omnia Phonepad.

My Omnia was original with a samsung keyboard a samsung keypad a keypad and a transcriber.

My friend had also an Omnia but his Omnia also have a samsung Phonepad.

I installed your program and when I opened the file OMNIASIP I open Omniasip. Then I place a dot next to samsung phonepad and press save.

It says default portrait sip updated.

BUT... when I'm trying to wright a sms then I still dont have the phonepad.

I'm I doing something wrong or what do you think?

Greetz from Holland,

Tjark

Guest Ipopox

Hi Paul,

Your software is amazing, before got with it I was thunking why nobody think in this!!!!

I have an issue, is possible that is related that I ma using .NET 3.7?? The problem is always when I rotate the phone

The message is: Unexpected error SIPset.exe, after a couple of spanish line said: NETCFv35.messages.ES.wm.cab is for WM 5.0 or later.

Any Idea????

Thanks!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Paul,

I have installed the OmniaSIP in my omnia i900 with win mob 6.1 (in french) but it doesn't work.

I have this message when i reboot :

SIPset.exe

ArgumentNullException

Un message d'erreur ne peut pas être affiché, car un assembly de ressource facultatif le contenant est introuvable.

à System.Guid..ctor()

à Modaco.[].[]()

à Modaco.[].[]()

In english is : An error message can not be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it can not be found.

Thanks in advance !

I have installed it but my phone does not seem to like it. Is there an updated version or could you help, I have followed the instructions.

Thank you

NOW AT VERSION 2 WITH SEPERATE SIP SETTINGS FOR PORTRAIT / LANDSCAPE!

omniasip.png
Presenting, OmniaSIP... a program by myself to change the default SIP at startup and orientation switch, because I use the 20 key and got fed up with it keep launching in keyboard mode (except in landscape where it's better) :D

Features:

- Nice UI

- Nice icon

- Orientation aware

- AppToDate compatible

- CAB packaged

Source code is now available below too, enjoy (not updated to V2 yet) :P

To use, install then REBOOT (important). Run OmniaSIP set your chosen SIP and hit save, switch orientation, do the same, then you're good to go!

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

MoDaCo.OmniaSIP.CAB

OmniaSIP.1.08.09.25.source.zip

• 1 month later...