OmniaTHREAD - Messaging threading mode changer

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Luusje32

hi,

Very new user of the omnia, very irritated by the threaded sms, but a noobie in omnia downloadland. I downloaded the file on my phone, but I can not find it in my documents or programms or anywhere. Then downloaded it again and it said it was already on my phone.

Any ideas where the file can be hidden.... I can not even find it through search....

Thanks in Advance for tips/advise

Lucy

Guest Luusje32
hi,

Very new user of the omnia, very irritated by the threaded sms, but a noobie in omnia downloadland. I downloaded the file on my phone, but I can not find it in my documents or programms or anywhere. Then downloaded it again and it said it was already on my phone.

Any ideas where the file can be hidden.... I can not even find it through search....

Thanks in Advance for tips/advise

Lucy

update: downloaded it on my pc, copied it to my omnia and after a bit of searching found it, and it is installed now and working!!!!!

Thanks....tekst messages look so much better now!!!

Lucy

Guest cpychu
Just copy the .cab file you download on the first post to your Omnia and run it... It will install e then in the Programs a new icon named OmniaThread will show up.. Just run OmniaThread and there you go...

***hi, i just copied the .cab file but when i tried to install it....it gives me a blank screen....it's not loading the setup file...plz help!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TvladT

hey.i am a NOOB omnia user and i can't rly understand how to install these applications.i mean,do i have to use the ActiveSync in any special way?or is it enough to copy the folder that i wanna install [ .cab ] in My Storage and then run it? cause if so,i see the file i copied on my pc but when i go on the phone to run the install its not there.i would rly appreciate some help B)

Guest pjjohnston

Hi I am a noob when it comes to this phone B)

Anyways I backed it all up before putting on the official update and now all my txt messages are shown in threaded view as all of mine first then all of the person sending them after it...e.g say i sent 5 txts and had 5 replies...it would show my 5 txts then before them would be the replies....anyone know if this can be fixed?!?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bernadettek

hey guys,

ive saved the application in program files, but when i tap on setup, it takes me to a blank opera screen!

this phone is doin my head in!

PLEASE HELP!!!

=(

Edited by bernadettek

Guest Elcoholic
Hey everyone,

I feel like a BIG bimbo writing this, but im desperate for step by step instructions on how to install this!

should my phone be in activsync mode or mystorage mode?

do i copy or extract the file?

i really want to install this application! this phone has left me so frazzled!!! im sorry i ever bought it!

H-E-L-P!!

:excl:

Its a .cab file. As any cab file just copy it to your phone and run it from the phone itself, no extraction needed. It doesn't matter how you get the cab on your phone so it can be in active sync mode or storage mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Deric Chang
By the way, anyone else having a problme making separate folders for SMS messages? I want to save some received messages for reference but can't seem to make new folders. Someone from another forum suggestd but the option is not available on my phone... The Manage Folders tab is greyed out....Thought it was a firmware problem but even after upgrade (HH2 to HJ1) still wont work...

Great app. Thanks alot.

For those who still not able to create folder. Go into your SMS. Select "MENU" - "TOOLS" - "MANAGER FOLDER" tab on your "Inbox" & Walaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....you can create folder for your friends now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScottR
omniathread.png
Presenting, OmniaTHREAD... a program by myself to change the threading mode of the messaging application.

Features:

- Nice UI

- Nice icon

- Orientation aware

- AppToDate compatible

- CAB packaged

Source code is will be available online soon... :-)

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

MoDaCo.OmniaTHREAD.CAB

FANTASTIC...works a treat <_<

Just one question though...when I reply to messages how do I get the setting back which gives you capital letter followinf full stop, etc?

Many thanks

Scott

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DeadCow1

I have copied the cab file to my phone but i cant find the cab file anywere on my phone my phone when im looking for it :D help would be nice ;)

Edited by DeadCow1

• 1 month later...
Guest aunzueta

Hi all!!! Great application!!! After modifications on the registry it can be used on OMNIA II too!!! On OMNIA II hcange the default applications mms.dll on the registry for htmlnote.dllhkcu>software>microsoft>inbox>MsgTypes>IPM>SMStext>DLL

Then apply this thread

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eaglegreek
Just copy the .cab file you download on the first post to your Omnia and run it... It will install e then in the Programs a new icon named OmniaThread will show up.. Just run OmniaThread and there you go...

great work .. load of thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...