The right step-by-step how to Hard Reset the OMNIA

Guest M Azmin Ishak

I don't know whether you guys realized this or not. But the fact is, for all the while for me to hard reset the OMNIA, it is always on try-and-error basis.

Everybody know that to hard reset press the reset pin and the SEND and END keys. But nobody realizes that there is step-by-step for accomplishing this.

Follow the guideline here:

1. Press reset pin button ONCE (do not hold)
  2. Once you see the Samsung Omnia appears on the screen, immediately press the SEND and END key simultaneously
  3. Then the screen appears asking you whether you are sure to format
  4. Press SEND to format or END to cancel
Hope this little guide will help...

Thanks for the post

I tried your method and found that it was a bit hit and miss.

My firmware xxhg5

If you take the battery out, press the poweron button (keep held down), then press call THEN end buttons (in this order) and hold them down together too, till format screen appears.

My samsung i900 omnia crashed on the 2nd screen after boot (samsung chime), after I installed secubox (avoid it!!!) and reset the phone. I think wm6.1 has a problem mounting virtual drives created by these secure storage programmes. Cryptostorage gives a device.exe problem after each reset but it works ok afterwards.

Coz my phone crashed I lost all my text messages (I hadnt backed up). I thought they were saved on the sim card anyway. If not how can I prevent wm6.1 from taking incoming texts from the sim. Anyway I'll create a new thread for this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yannjou

When Omnia powered off,

hold onto the Call and Cancel buttons, press and hold the power button(not reset button) for a approximately 5 seconds until the reset screen shows up.

When the reset screen show up (Still pressing and holding the call and cancel button)

poke the soft reset hole and the reset screen shall show up again

then click call button

:lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest x_iceman_x

When Omnia powered off,

hold onto the Call and Cancel buttons, press and hold the power button(not reset button) for a approximately 5 seconds until the reset screen shows up.

When the reset screen show up (Still pressing and holding the call and cancel button)

poke the soft reset hole and the reset screen shall show up again

then click call button

:rolleyes:

Thanks! Your method worked for me. I thought i have to bring it to a service center.

For the people that are having problems with the call and end keys...

If you look closely when you press them down firmly, it "traps" the optical joystick and effectively presses THAT down as well. In that case, it won't do the hard reset function. You REALLY REALLY have to hold them very lightly just before you can see the joystick being pressed down. THEN it should all go forward as before.

I tried for ages and ages after i had a "low memory" message and it would not get past the "omnia" logo upon a normal re-set. Every time it wouldn't do the hard reset until i noticed the middle key problem.

jamesuk is right ... it seems it does not depends on how hard you press the buttons, and wich method you use.

The thing is that if you press the SEND and END keys very strongly you will end up pressind the optical to.

I've droved crazy with this but I finnaly did as so: simply put your omnia over a table and use your pointer and middle fingers to press as far as possible from the optical button.

it works if you use the method with the POWER button or with the RESET button. :)

Guest galeraloca
jamesuk is right ... it seems it does not depends on how hard you press the buttons, and wich method you use.

The thing is that if you press the SEND and END keys very strongly you will end up pressind the optical to.

I've droved crazy with this but I finnaly did as so: simply put your omnia over a table and use your pointer and middle fingers to press as far as possible from the optical button.

it works if you use the method with the POWER button or with the RESET button. :)

I agree with you, that´s right, press SEND and END lightly and far away from the optical button, at the very extremes! works 100%.

cheers!

Edited by galeraloca

Guest dwallersv
The method of using the software in Settings/System/Hard Rest gives you the option of not wiping out the My Storage. Does this method allow you to reset and still save the contents of My Storage or does My Storage get wiped clean also???

Thanks... Ron...

Didn't see anyone answer this in the thread...

I just successfully did the HW/button reset method and it left My Storage intact. Only wiped and reinitialized the flash storage (Main Memory).

• 4 weeks later...
I do it in a different way, i think i saw it mentioned in some thread here. This is what i do & i get it correct always.

1) Turn the phone off using power switch.

2) Press the Send and End keys together (doesn't matter how you press it down)

3) With the send and end keys pressed turn the phone on using power switch.

Within few seconds you will see the format message.

Hope this helps someone.

Yes, this sequence working. Thank you so much bro.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest o2_guy

guys the process works it is all about the preasure u put on the keys as it pushes the middle button i tryed pushing the reset button and using my nails lightly at the end of the keys away from the middle button it worked first time and time and time again

hope helps

• 1 month later...
Guest agustinPac

Guys,

I have 2 Omnias. One of them is stuck at splash screen and I can't do anything! Not even a hard reset...

With the other, the hard reset is very easy. I just press for one second both calling keys at the same time once I see the first screen (is the same if I use the reset or just turn it on).

Guest emaN resU

I think this is probable, as when I first tried to reset my Omnia this is the only method that would work for me.

Good luck!

it works if you use the method with the POWER button or with the RESET button. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest pinchvalve

None of these methods worked for me btw. My phone is an i910, perhaps that is the issue. I took mine to my cellular provider (Verizon) and it took them an hour to figure it out.

Guest lonely2k5

HEY ALL...

it works every time...

no trying needed

MOST IMPORTANT !!!

UNPLUG USB !!!

then it should hard reset every time !!!