Post your DXHI2 issues here

Guest lastnikita

Guest Massive Attack
this is fatal? any1 can confirm? second opinion? or is it just jclsm?

mine is ok, maybe if jclsm can give more info? as i can type on notepad with letters using phonepad and keypad

anyone here have tried plotting their geotagged photos with google earth, it seems the tag is incorrect, it plots my photo in the middle of the pacific ocean. can anyone verify this?

EDIT: It turns out that the coordinates is in N & E reference, but irfanview is reading the coordinates at S & W reference, how do i change this?

EDIT: I think this is fault of camera, as it is not witting the GPSLatitudeRef and GPSLongtitudeRef, and IrfanView have a default of S & W

EDIT: I was wrong, the camera is writing the ref and writing it as S & W, but the coordinates are in N & E, i edited it and replace SW with NE and it google earth pinpointed me to the exact location, so this is another camera bug, crap, i updated because of the geotagging bug, and it turns out, there is still a bug. ;)

I have edited my post on page 1.

In France, I have the same coordonates both with google earth and geotagged photos -> N & E coordonates :wacko:

Edited by totolo

Guest Massive Attack
I have edited my post on page 1.

In France, I have the same coordonates both with google earth and geotagged photos -> N & E coordonates ;)

how do you upload geotagged photo directly to google earth? maybe google earths default tag is NE while other software like adobe and other EXIF readers are SW. and the photos have no NE or SW so applications just defaukt it to SW, dont really know.

how do you upload geotagged photo directly to google earth? maybe google earths default tag is NE while other software like adobe and other EXIF readers are SW. and the photos have no NE or SW so applications just defaukt it to SW, dont really know.

I have just compared my coordonates in google earth and the pictures. I don't think you can upload geotagged photo in Google Earth. Perhaps all the geotagging thing depends on where you are on the planet?

after switch to fly-mode, do a reset

then, like HI1, no matter how hard I tried, it did not switch back to normal "phone" mode.

try this if you wish...but you'd better backup your data first...

Guest Massive Attack
I have just compared my coordonates in google earth and the pictures. I don't think you can upload geotagged photo in Google Earth. Perhaps all the geotagging thing depends on where you are on the planet?

well, i saw on the fix list of hi2 that they fixed the "jpeg geotagging information is wrong in southern hemisphere" maybe they have fixed it but someone might have placed philippines in the wrong hemisphere, it seems the camera is considering philippines as southern hence the SW reference, but we are really in northern, hence other software reference us as NE. this sucks, having a localized error, might mean less attention will be given to fix this. ;)

maybe you guys can help me investigate this?

if you are using firefox, install this EXIF reader add on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905

then load your geotagged picture to firefox (just drag and drop it)

then right click on the image and click View Link EXIF data.

then post here if your reference is NE or SW together with where in the hemisphere are you?

then click the link to google earth to verify that your geotag location is correct

thanks, will be much appreciated

Edited by Massive Attack

then, like HI1, no matter how hard I tried, it did not switch back to normal "phone" mode.

no, mine is fine, done as you said and I still got my phone up...

Guest Geronymous

Trying to summarize... is it really worth upgrading from DXHI1 to DXHI2? Geotagging does not seem to be solved, and I have troubles finding other bugs or missing things that have been solved with this release... anyone can prove me wrong?

no, mine is fine, done as you said and I still got my phone up...

Then, it seems to be my problem...I have this situation both on Hi1 and Hi2.

Anyone else suffer from this problem too?

I also don't have any problem switching back to normal mode.

Guest bobobird
well, i saw on the fix list of hi2 that they fixed the "jpeg geotagging information is wrong in southern hemisphere" maybe they have fixed it but someone might have placed philippines in the wrong hemisphere, it seems the camera is considering philippines as southern hence the SW reference, but we are really in northern, hence other software reference us as NE. this sucks, having a localized error, might mean less attention will be given to fix this. ;)

if you are using firefox, install this EXIF reader add on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905

then post here if your reference is NE or SW together with where in the hemisphere are you?

then click the link to google earth to verify that your geotag location is correct

yup, not working ---- found mysellf in the middile of the Pacific Ocean

Also altitude is not working.

And gps fix with camera is slower then with HI1, but if a gps app has been run just prior then it is almost immediate.

One other VERY annoying thing - not just with HI2 but ALL previous roms - if there are no operator provided settings for gprs, wap, etc, then in most cases there is no dropdown Internet/Work box when setting up WiFi. Or if Region is set to say Singapore, and after phone is started with sim card from another country (ie 3 Hong Kong in my case), the same thing happens unless I choose Singtel in the Operator Settings. Obviously, if there is no operator listed in that drop down box (ie if phone set to HK region) then there is nothing.

Once it all works, then another problem when the sim card is switched to another. ALL wifi settings then disappear and to get them back the whole set region / hard reset cycle starts all over again.

Samsung really need to get their act together.

Yup, not working, I am in Dubai and in google maps it is showing me somewhere in the Paraguay!!! but hey, we shouldn't be that mad, I think these are Samsung's internal testing ROMs and we are testing it... in official release ROMs I believe all these issues would be fixed, right Samsung? <_<

Guest Massive Attack
Yup, not working, I am in Dubai and in google maps it is showing me somewhere in the Paraguay!!! but hey, we shouldn't be that mad, I think these are Samsung's internal testing ROMs and we are testing it... in official release ROMs I believe all these issues would be fixed, right Samsung? <_<

there is a fix of some sort, basically changing your pictures point of reference with this software.

just change SW to NE or NE to SW. then plot again. but you have to do this with every picture. <_<

i hope they get things right on the next release.

One one I can quickly mention is that the copy/paste does not work in the built in RSS feed and Podcast program "add new subscription" screens. Which is really annoying. I hate having hand type in the usually nonsensical , super long addresses.

This was a problem in the HI1 as well as the one I had before that the HH3.

I know they're are other, better programs out there for both RSS and Podcasts, but those ones are built in and work just fine. Once you spend 10 mins typing.

(1st post woot!)

Guest Massive Attack
One one I can quickly mention is that the copy/paste does not work in the built in RSS feed and Podcast program "add new subscription" screens. Which is really annoying. I hate having hand type in the usually nonsensical , super long addresses.

This was a problem in the HI1 as well as the one I had before that the HH3.

I know they're are other, better programs out there for both RSS and Podcasts, but those ones are built in and work just fine. Once you spend 10 mins typing.

(1st post woot!)

yeah, have same problem, it seems that field is not the usual text field, even CTRL-V doesnt even work, what i did is get all my RSS feeds in firefox, with the help of add-on OPML, i saved all the RSS links to an OPML file, copy that file to omnia and do an import on the omnia's RSS application.

Pop up the standard MS keyboard and press CTRL-C / CTRL-V ;)

P

Totally works!

Holy cow thanks. I was really hoping WinMobile had keyboard shortcuts, but I just kept typing CTRL V with the samsung keypad, like a fool.

MassiveAttack- Like Paul says, you have to bring up that crappy Black and white mini keyboard that's built into Windows Mobile, make sure you have some text to paste and click ctrl, which inverts that key, and then press V.

OK- here's another. I have my GPRS settings setup (With t-mobile $5.99 internet) correctly (I.e. I can browse the internet with Opera and IE, Google Maps works and I can send and recive e-mail , Automatically).

I also have my WiFi setup correctly so I can connect at work, home and a few random places with unsecrued access. The bug is that the Omnia's e-mail client will always connect to GPRS to receive mail, even when already connected to WIFI, unless I go deep into the e-mail options menu and select "The Internet" under "Advanced Server Settings" in the Outgoing SMTP mail server screen. But I can't leave it set that way becuase then the problem becomes that it will no longer connect to GPRS when WiFi is no longer available! So I have to change it back to "T-zones GPRS"

Everything else starts GPRS when necessary or uses Wifi when already connected to it.

Had this problem since , HH3, Hi1.

Another Quick one, If you select the "My Storage" (the near 16gb partition) as the default download location in the PodCast program... and press the Power button to "turn off the screen" while downloading the download will fail. I'm assuming that the large partition is shutdown to save battery power or something because I've had a few issues with programs installed there that don't work quite right when the phone is in standby. (OLDsap, vTap)

It did this in the HH3 and Hi1.

However, an actual fix in the hi2 firmware is that while you are downloading a podcast, to either "My Device" or "My Storage" it will not longer automatically go into standby, killing your download after like 2 mins. Just hold down the END key to lock the screen and you can put it back in your pocket before your boss notices.

Also, it lets you redownload podcasts now without deleting the previous partial download!

EDIT:

Downloading a Podcast directly to the storage partition is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay slow. A 15mb file took about 10 mins to get close to done, via wifi, before I canceled it. After selecting My Device, that same file took like 2 mins. I wonder if downloading files to the storage is slower with all programs...

Edited by Lucavi

Another Quick one, If you select the "My Storage" (the near 16gb partition) as the default download location in the PodCast program... and press the Power button to "turn off the screen" while downloading the download will fail. I'm assuming that the large partition is shutdown to save battery power or something because I've had a few issues with programs installed there that don't work quite right when the phone is in standby. (OLDsap, vTap)

It did this in the HH3 and Hi1.

However, an actual fix in the hi2 firmware is that while you are downloading a podcast, to either "My Device" or "My Storage" it will not longer automatically go into standby, killing your download after like 2 mins. Just hold down the END key to lock the screen and you can put it back in your pocket before your boss notices.

Also, it lets you redownload podcasts now without deleting the previous partial download!

EDIT:

Downloading a Podcast directly to the storage partition is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay slow. A 15mb file took about 10 mins to get close to done, via wifi, before I canceled it. After selecting My Device, that same file took like 2 mins. I wonder if downloading files to the storage is slower with all programs...

That makes perfect sense! is it true? does the "My Storage" get shut down or switches off while the phone is in standby mode? because sometimes when I press the power button to wake the phone, my storage is disappeared and anything installed in it "obviously" not accessible. I am on HI2, I don't get the "My Storage2" anymore, but the "My Storage" is not there until I do a soft reset... do you think I have a faulty unit? or is it from the HI2? I have everything installed on the "My Storage" including mail attachments and anything possibly movable to "My Storage". Thanks guys.

That makes perfect sense! is it true? does the "My Storage" get shut down or switches off while the phone is in standby mode?

Still checking some things on that. I had Oldsap oist 1.4 installed to the My storage. It works alongside the WinMobile text alert settings that lets you use a individual .wav for each individual contact. That way I can give my girly her own tone and then ignore that one...j/k..

It would work I like a charm when I was activly using the Omnia, but everytime I got a text with the phone in my pocket it would just vibe but make no noise.

The .wavs were also in the My Storage area.

Once I re-installed that program and the .wavs it needed to access to the the My storage area, It was all good. all the time!

Now If i can just get touch player to stop loading them and my ringtones into my playlist library, i'll be happy!

Edited by Lucavi