Android on i900?

Guest us1111

Guest devilkazuya

@Fella_

can you upload all your work so far or anyone else who has got kernel running. It would be easier to pick up by people and who knows someone might take it to next step rather then starting from scratch.

For me its proving diffcult to even get to the stage where you are because of downloading problems and so i cant contribute or help in anyway.

I am stuck downloading: Download Kernel (Thans to Oliver Ford!)

# git clone http://www.oliford.co.uk/hpipaq214/ipaq214.git v4

Guest FeLLa_
@Fella_

can you upload all your work so far or anyone else who has got kernel running. It would be easier to pick up by people and who knows someone might take it to next step rather then starting from scratch.

For me its proving diffcult to even get to the stage where you are because of downloading problems and so i cant contribute or help in anyway.

I am stuck downloading: Download Kernel (Thans to Oliver Ford!)

# git clone http://www.oliford.co.uk/hpipaq214/ipaq214.git v4

the problem are the many diffrent boards...

i made a small dev board at my webspace... nobody is forced to register!

there is a tutorial building kernel, busybox, initrd and haret and some complete packages for downloading.

but i will post at xda and modaco in the future, too.

http://support-koehler.de/andromnia/index.php

it should be a central point for the devs!!

i hope few devs will register and work with us on this project :D

sorry for my english :>

greetings

Guest GoldenSpartan

Andriod is linux right? There is already a linux kernel ported for the omnia out there. Cant we put 2 and 2 together? Sorry I know zip about Andriod, and little of Linux.

Guest Number22

Nice job FeLLa_, I'm gonna try to get to the same point where you are tonight aswell, just have to download all the packages.

However, you should really mention that Linux is a must for building Android and all the stuff you write in quotes are actually comands used in the terminal (I believe that 99% of people on this forum never used Linux, so it would be nice to explain all the commands).

Anyways, for those that want to try out building Android without leaving Windows behind, you can try out VirtualBox. It's a free Virtual PC software on which you can install linux with ease (I suggest Ubuntu, since it's the most user friendly one).

Guest FeLLa_

yeah thx, but i think people who dont know how to work in the terminal are not really able to help porting android on this phone <_<

Edited by FeLLa_

Guest FeLLa_
Maybe someone can contact this guy for a little help?

I'm downloading the Android SDK right now to play a little bit, but I can't help you with porting.

thx i messaged this guy few minutes ago.... hope he will answer <_<

could you help to compile the android if we have the drivers running?

Guest nferro
ok i fixed the display issues last night... it works fine now!

busybox is running, too. next step is to activate the rcS script.

i created the /etc/init.d/rcS file with the content

#! /bin/sh

echo hello

and made the initrd.gz file...

but when i run the kernel it says /etc/init.d/rcS no such file or directory!

working on this problem now

Hello!

Fixed, check your forum:

http://support-koehler.de/andromnia/viewto...01501fd429d#p22

As I say there, I don't have much time to spare but I'll help in whatever I can.

Guest Wikidomdom

Hi there from France!

I'm used to Linux/Unix environnement as it's a big part of my job to implement those OS and work with it.

If you need any help or any test users, count me in (i didn't test the SDK platform yet, and would not be really helpfull to dev the Android's i900 OS, but ask for anything and we'll see if I can assume the questions and their answers)

Courage <_<

Guest FeLLa_

@ nferro

very big thx! it works!

my brother works at the moment on framebuffer software keyboard and i will work at serial port/bt/wlan.

eventually we are able to run telnetd in the future <_<

@ wikidomdom

thx for your choice!

could you register at my board pls? so any dev can message you if he has a question :)

Guest nferro
my brother works at the moment on framebuffer software keyboard and i will work at serial port/bt/wlan.

eventually we are able to run telnetd in the future <_<

Before we can use a virtual keyboard we need the drivers for the touchscreen, anyone had any luck with that?

Also we're going to need the source of the Android OS (if we can get that to boot we don't even need a framebuffer keyboard...) anyone knows where to get it? For what I've read on the Android site we need to be registered in Google to get some key, is this right?

Guest FeLLa_
Before we can use a virtual keyboard we need the drivers for the touchscreen, anyone had any luck with that?

Also we're going to need the source of the Android OS (if we can get that to boot we don't even need a framebuffer keyboard...) anyone knows where to get it? For what I've read on the Android site we need to be registered in Google to get some key, is this right?

the only chip not supported by the kernel is the bluetooth/wlan chip i think

the touchscreen is fully supported by the kernel <_<

it is the Wolfson WM9713 chipset (touchscreen and sound processor)

CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WM97XX=y

CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WM9713=y

CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WM97XX_HPIPAQ214=y

but i know nothing about the android sources...

i'm now playing around with some usb2serial adapter kernel support for remote input

Edited by FeLLa_

Guest FeLLa_
Where i can test this version of android in wich are you working guys?

HERE

i can't put this link into my signature. i don't know why? :/

but you have to know thats not android at the moment... its only booting the kernel...

Guest Wikidomdom

In basic words, there is not any Android dist. ported to i900 yet.

You cannot test anything on your smartphone unless you know what your doing and you know what/why your testing.

What we got is a kernel, and a start for the booting process with a terminal (only line code, no GUI - Graphic User Interface).

There is a long long way before we get an alpha version of android for the i900.

We cannot go forward without adapting the source code and developing drivers for this smartphone (because we start from "nothing").

@ FeLLa_ :

You could get the source code of Android with Repo (your have to setup your local work environment and then sync on the web to dl the Android sources file), have a look here : http://source.android.com/download

You need +/- 10Gb to build it, and a Linux environment (prefer 32bits as 64bits was not tested) with some packages installed (see the link). The file to download is +/- 2.1Gb.

Guest FeLLa_
@ FeLLa_ :

You could get the source code of Android with Repo (your have to setup your local work environment and then sync on the web to dl the Android sources file), have a look here : http://source.android.com/download

You need +/- 10Gb to build it, and a Linux environment (prefer 32bits as 64bits was not tested) with some packages installed (see the link). The file to download is +/- 2.1Gb.

okay thx! i have few other things to do atm (better haret & debug support, usb2serial, booting from ext3) . later i will look at the source.

but i think we needn't to build much drivers.... i think we have to cross compile the android os

and then say the kernel that it should start the android image. (its harder as it sounds!!)

Edited by FeLLa_

Guest FeLLa_

i compiled the complete android sources yesterday.

now i have to merge the android images with our kernel.

then we can start first driver testing.

i need help compiling haret for the pxa312 chip at windows!

anybody could do this?

The source (gnu-pxa) is available from CVS:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/xanadux login

CVS password: (nothing just type enter)

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/xanadux co -P haret

from http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HaRET

Guest GoldenSpartan

So excited, Wish I could compile for you, but I know zip about that kind of stuff. .... Will donate Though once it is ready!!!!