Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest draashishshah

Thanks, you are a Genuis.

Like it says! B)

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! B)

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

Guest kendubya

Hi,

Installed this on my i910 and it worked but i lost my four icons on the right side of the dialer...backspace,call log, send, hang up. Uninstalled and they reappeared. Damn, the dialer lock was a pain. Thought I had a fix.

Kenny

Guest ciscokidinsf
Hi,

Installed this on my i910 and it worked but i lost my four icons on the right side of the dialer...backspace,call log, send, hang up. Uninstalled and they reappeared. Damn, the dialer lock was a pain. Thought I had a fix.

Kenny

Same here. I installed in my Omnia i910 and the Icons from the dialer disappeared. The Verizon Omnia has some strange bugs due to all the cripple Verizon added to the phone. It does work (gets rid of the lock) but the icons are gone.

Guest eddychan
Now why do you want to remove such a cool feature? While on a call, it auto locks the key for you. Prevent accident pressing eheh

When u want to use the phone banking or other calling system............(press 1 for xxxx, 2 for xxxx)

Then you will found out that is a problem.

Guest webcrush
Could an i910 user post their secdialer.dll?

P

Yes, please, someone please do. I installed this cab on my i910 but its not listed as an 'installed' program now so I can revert back to the original dll!

Like it says! :rolleyes:

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! :)

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

In my view the humor of this tweak is when you change the keyboard in "Windows keyboard" you have the same effect:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0 and reboot your Omnia

Guest Dblocker

Hey Paul - great work to get rid of a very annoying feature. Quick related question -- do you know if there's a way to bring up the SECContact.exe screen that shows up after selecting a contact that shows the 4 big buttons for "call mobile", "call work", etc. -- from a script or from a .lnk? I use WAD2 for my UI and would like to configure a photo contact button that when pressed for a particular contact would bring up this screen. I'm wondering if you could look in SECContact.exe or maybe in opencontact.exe to see if I can pass it a contact name parameter??? I've tried creating a .lnk file with just a name on the end and it doesn't work. Thanks.

Guest ciscokidinsf

Hey Paul, any updates for the Verizon Omnia? (i910) and this patch? Just checking as it continues to delete the icons from the dialpad. Other than that, it works as described.

Guest ciscokidinsf
Here is my SECDialer.dll

Verizon USA Samsung Omnia i910

S:i910.10 V.BJ28.2027

-Tim

Thanks Tim. Maybe Paul can figure out why the Icons dissappear with this patch

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest Paul (MVP)
In my view the humor of this tweak is when you change the keyboard in "Windows keyboard" you have the same effect:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0 and reboot your Omnia

Except that gets rid of the custom dialer completely, not too handy!

P

Except that gets rid of the custom dialer completely, not too handy!

P

In my view not too handy too move the complete Secdialer.dll.

When you tweak the register to Windows dialer you can always change the setting.

In Windows dialer you can easily push the speed dialer with your finger.

In the Samsung dialer you have to enter the small menu to open speed dialer.

You know a way to block the keyboard together with the Windows dialer when you receive a phone call? (same as with Samsung dialer)

Guest msmouse999

Hi Paul,

I'm a bit of a techno-phobe and this is a little over my head. I've downloaded and unzipped the file and now have 3 files in their own folder on my PC. What do I do with them (step-by-step as I'm really not that clever :rolleyes: ) to install on my phone.

Thanks,

Tracy.

Guest ronaldb3
In Windows dialer you can easily push the speed dialer with your finger.

In the Samsung dialer you have to enter the small menu to open speed dialer.

You use the Samsung dialer menu to set up a speed dial. After that you can dial the number by long hold on just one number of the Samsung dialer.

Ron...

Guest Apo11on

for those of you, waiting for patched SECDialer for Verizon's Omnia, as well as the i900 users who already have it - check out this bad boy: http://www.iconsoft.com/

getting rid of the lockup on ALL Omnias is one of the many things it does. Been using version 1.1 for 2 days and I like it a lot.

For those, who think they need more time than that 15 day trial Iconsoft gives you, in order to decide on $25 purchase - scroll down this thread and you'll find several helpful links:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=53771

Note for iFonz users: Map the pcm.exe to your phone icon at the bottom of the desktop and do NOT use the hardware Call/End Call buttons in Omnia - they do not work well with this app.

Note for all users: in order to access Settings/Options for the program click "Phonebook" icon twice.

Edited by Apo11on

If it works for everyone (the DLL) I'll package it into a handy app for toggling between lock on and lock off...

P

Hi; I'm new (first post); very interested in this patch to prevent keypad lock during calls.

Looking at discussion above, for an Omnia i900, should I be installing the CAB file or the SECDialer.dll file?

If it works for me, I would be very appreciative also of a toggle to turn on and off on demand.

Thanks - very impressive resource

Guest ciscokidinsf

Hey Paul, happy new year!! Any updates on patching the SECDialer for the Verizon Omnia? I've been using the windows dialer, but I like the original Dialer better. Obviously it looks weird WITHOUT the dialer icons once you install SECDialer.

I've used Iconsoft Spam alert but it has NOT been very stable for me (requiring several resets) and does NOT support landscape mode yet. So waiting on that before going there. I did like it, but it is a HUGE memory hog and unstable. I will get it once fixed (And yes, using Spam alert one does NOT need the SECDialer anymore as the annoying lock does not come up)

Pretty Please?

Guest richsadams

Hi All,

Total newbie here and thought I might help others like me that need some hand holding.

I recently purchased a Verizon Samsung SCH i910 and wanted to kill that horrible app that causes the phone to lock during a call; requiring me to press the little touchpad every time I wanted to interact with the phone. :rolleyes:

As you probably already know, Paul, the OP, wrote a wonderful program (or tweaked what was on the phone) to do just that and I'm REALLY glad I found this thread! Many, many thanks!

Only knowing enough to be dangerous I read through all five pages, but never really got how easy it is to install it. So I thought I'd capture what I did for anyone else in the same boat.

1. On the first post of this thread, click on the first link, MoDaCo.omniapatcheddialler.CAB

2. Download the file to your PC (or directly to your phone, in which case you can skip #3 and go directly to #4))

3. Connect your phone to your PC (either via Bluetooth or USB)

4. Copy the file into one of the folders. (I used "Personal")

5. Open the folder, find the file and double-click on it. You'll receive a warning about it being downloaded from the Internet, yadda, yadda. Click "Yes".

6. The program will install and then ask if you want to restart the phone. Click "OK".

That's it! It works exactly as advertised. As mentioned earlier, you lose some of the icons on the virtual keypad...no big deal IMO, the important ones are still there and you can use the normal physical buttons otherwise and everything still works.

I did a soft reset (pulled the battery and reinstalled it) and the program still works.

I have several workmates that are using the same phone and whinge about the same nuisance. I'm selling this fix to them for big money. Kidding. :)

Thanks again Paul...you're a sanity saver! :(

Hi All,

Total newbie here and thought I might help others like me that need some hand holding.

I recently purchased a Verizon Samsung SCH i910 and wanted to kill that horrible app that causes the phone to lock during a call; requiring me to press the little touchpad every time I wanted to interact with the phone. :rolleyes:

As you probably already know, Paul, the OP, wrote a wonderful program (or tweaked what was on the phone) to do just that and I'm REALLY glad I found this thread! Many, many thanks!

.....snip...

That's it! It works exactly as advertised. As mentioned earlier, you lose some of the icons on the virtual keypad...no big deal IMO, the important ones are still there and you can use the normal physical buttons otherwise and everything still works.

I did a soft reset (pulled the battery and reinstalled it) and the program still works.

I have several workmates that are using the same phone and whinge about the same nuisance. I'm selling this fix to them for big money. Kidding. :)

Thanks again Paul...you're a sanity saver! :(

I tried this and the lock screen went away as mentioned, so did many of the icons, as also mentioned. However, somehow my phone got into "Emergency call" only mode and the patched dialer doesn't show the button at the top of the dialer to exit this mode. I had to uninstall the patched dialer to get out of that mode.

I had manually edited the DLL as mentioned in the first page or so of this thread but I was unable to successfully sign the patched DLL using sign.bat/signcode.exe. I also had some questions about some extra occurrences of the "Touchlock" string in the DLL and whether or not to patch them all or just the ones where "Touchlock" occurred by itself.

Hopefully Paul can help us Verizon users get a patched dialer. That lock is very annoying, especially trying to retrieve voicemail.