Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AniMate

:( He there , big smile from me because the program installed fine , let the device reset and started a call , and yes B) thank god no more annoying action key picture to get the device unlocked , great work paul nice resourcing.

Greetz,

AniMate :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skybirdmax

Tried both the patch and a regedit change from another thread on this board.

In each case my call waiting crashed both of the calls on answer. The call still showed on the handset, but there was no sound to either the handset or the persons on the other end - made no difference outgoing nor incoming calls.

The only way to get rid of this, even if I removed the CAB and reset the registry, was a hard reset :-(((

Omnia i900 Optus Australia.

Any advice out there please???????????????????????????????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest veraison
Works fine, just what I was looking for, thanks Paul!

Was able to inactivate the automatic screen lock by:

In phone screen: Menu-Options-Services-Dialer Touch Lock-Change Setting

can set for different times or off altogether. For i910 on Bell Mobility

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaysinghania

Hi everyone, I am loving Modaco being a new Omnia user myself - I have found many useful apps on this forum already.

Apologies for my ignorance but upon downloading the MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB file, do I just transfer and install this on my phone like other .cab files or do I need to change something in the registry. Any replies will be appreciated as the auto lock function is driving me crazay!

Peace

Guest jaysinghania
Just install, soft-reset <_<

Soft-reset as in restart the handset? Also, upon installing the .cab will I be able to change the settings so that the keypad does lock after a certain time period? Thank you for replying Maf - it's much appreciated.

Edited by jaysinghania

Guest maf107ezk0

Yes - just press the restart button next to the power with the stylus... And in Settings - Personal - Power there is a setting so that the phone can turn its screen off when in a call (the deffault is 5 secs.) and that works fine <_<

Guest ScottR
Like it says! <_<

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! B)

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

Hi Paul

I just want to say a BIG thank you...I downloaded the CAB to get rid of the auto-keypad lock and it works perfectly. I am very happy now that I don't have that annoying pop-up :)

Kind regards

Scott

Guest ScottR

Hi Paul

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you...I downloaded the CAB to get rid of the annoying auto-keypad lock and it works perfectly <_<

Kind regards

Scott

Guest wushdishmeen

I installed this program successfully and it worked however there is something annoying about it.

The picture icons for all of the phone's function buttons are gone after installing this! The Call, End, Contacts, etc. All of these buttons are missing either their icons, the text label, or both. So when using the keypad I can't even tell what button im pressing unless i remember which was which. Theres no words or icon on the button however the button still works.

On the Call Status page its missing half the icons but the labels are there?

Anyone else having this problem??? I didnt notice anyone complaining...but this is way big of a problem for me personally. I cant tell what button is which and i just bought this phone so i dont have it memorized yet.

I'm using Verizon's omnia by the way...if that makes a difference.

I really would like to use this!! It works but the icons are gone and i really need them.

Edited by wushdishmeen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vap8900
I installed this program successfully and it worked however there is something annoying about it.

The picture icons for all of the phone's function buttons are gone after installing this! The Call, End, Contacts, etc. All of these buttons are missing either their icons, the text label, or both. So when using the keypad I can't even tell what button im pressing unless i remember which was which. Theres no words or icon on the button however the button still works.

On the Call Status page its missing half the icons but the labels are there?

Anyone else having this problem??? I didnt notice anyone complaining...but this is way big of a problem for me personally. I cant tell what button is which and i just bought this phone so i dont have it memorized yet.

I'm using Verizon's omnia by the way...if that makes a difference.

I really would like to use this!! It works but the icons are gone and i really need them.

I'm having the same problem. I just bought my Omnia a few days ago, so it's pretty much factory (besides Sbp Shell & Keyboard). I'm also on Verizon (i910).

Thanks

Edited by vap8900

Guest Adrynalyne
I'm having the same problem. I just bought my Omnia a few days ago, so it's pretty much factory (besides Sbp Shell & Keyboard). I'm also on Verizon (i910).

Thanks

Nowhere in this thread does it say this patch works on the i910.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t...hed+i910+dialer

If you are running the beta rom, its not needed, as it can be turned off under phone options.

Guest vap8900
Nowhere in this thread does it say this patch works on the i910.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t...hed+i910+dialer

If you are running the beta rom, its not needed, as it can be turned off under phone options.

Awesome!!! Thanks Adrynalyne!! I guess the devil is in the details, and I wasn't paying attention. I'm a new Omnia owner and still learning about the phone. I guess I was a litttle anxious for a fix when I saw this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest narkomangel

Thanks a lot, that's great ! Works like a charm, np at all installing ;)

pheeew :D

For further reference, here are ROM details :

-Windows Mobile 6.1 Professionnel _ SE CE 5.2.20270 (Build 20270.1.3.1)

-Language = French

Cheers

Edited by narkomangel

Guest stilnox

OK.. This sound strange..

How do you key pad lock during a conversation after you have disable the auto key pad lock.

Why would i want to keypad lock it after i disable, is because i notice that my ears are touching the start menu.

When that happen, i am not sure that other application are launch during that conversation?

Any guidance is much appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohKarJes
OK.. This sound strange..

How do you key pad lock during a conversation after you have disable the auto key pad lock.

Why would i want to keypad lock it after i disable, is because i notice that my ears are touching the start menu.

When that happen, i am not sure that other application are launch during that conversation?

Any guidance is much appreciated...

I just placed a solution somewhere else on this forum, it might be just the solution you're looking for...

AutoCallLocker, A small utility for automatic locking and unlocking while in a call

BTW. Although replacing the patched Secdialer.dll is a pretty good solution, you might prefer this one; it is able to do so without the replacement.

Edited by JohKarJes

Guest Badger51

I installed the SECdialer.dll and it wiped out my menu buttons on the dialer pad.

I tried reinstalling your patch below without success.

Any ideas how I can get rid on the SECdialer install?

thanks

Like it says! :)

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! ;)

P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Larycel
Like it says! :D

Enjoy! :angry:

P

Wow!!! this really screwed things up. Now half of my dialer buttons do not have any labels to show what they are for. Just a bunch of blanks buttons and I have to guess which one is to dial or hang up etc.

Anyway to undo the cab install?

Guest techmaster7545
Wow!!! this really screwed things up. Now half of my dialer buttons do not have any labels to show what they are for. Just a bunch of blanks buttons and I have to guess which one is to dial or hang up etc.

Anyway to undo the cab install?

if there are missing it is a i900 secdialer i can post a cab for icons from i900 that should fix it if u want to keep it

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest Larycel
if there are missing it is a i900 secdialer i can post a cab for icons from i900 that should fix it if u want to keep it

yes please. Thanks so much.