Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest willbrookes

in fact its not just the people application, its all the buttons where you can "add" things, ie people, programs etc - it has stored all the boxes i set before but if i remove them it wont let me add a new one (and just shows the + symbol in the box). pressing the photos of my contacts in people does nothing, pressing the phone symbol/their name instantly starts to call them.

Any idea what the problem is/which parts I need to reinstall?

Cheers

Edited by willbrookes

hi all..i encounter 2 probs when i download the m2d.

first, i cant seem to be able to download no) 13 - mbarvian

secondly, i has change my registry as its stated but wifi still not workin ..

hope someone can help out here..everything else works fine. i am still learning how to use my omnia. great piece from samsung;)

also,

how do i change to different skins/themes ? where do i put the files to?

thanks in advance...cheers

Guest DJRedLine

Took the plunge this morning and did a hard reset (losing SPB Mobile Shell with imarche.net skins)

Installed as per instructions on page 1 and worked a treat. Big thanks to all involved :lol:

Only issue i currently have is the image album viewer appears to have the black bar in the middle of the screen (Using Vodafone XXHH1 rom)

Guest punkmonkey1984
This was bugging me too - but your file is a rar file - how do i get that on my i900? must I convert to cab? if so...how? I had to remove the previous audio manager as it kept crashing, must i install the original plus your update, or will your update suffice?

Secondly, all was going swimmingly, but now on the people screen I cant change or add new contacts to the thumbnails - this apeared to happen after I installed the contactfix thing which kia had in his recent big files download. I've tried a soft reset - dosent solve it. What do I have to reinstall to get just the people part working again?

Great thread by the way!

Cheers (and please ignore the posts below, dont know how to delete them!!)

no rar file is a form of .zip file, download winrar and extract the contents like u do in a zip file

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Guest punkmonkey1984
Winzip extracts rar files too!

winrar you can use a free trial forever u just get a annoying pop up saying about the full version hence why i put it to unrar it,

but if winzip works then no need to change  :lol:

Guest evostar
winrar you can use a free trial forever u just get a annoying pop up saying about the full version hence why i put it to unrar it,

but if winzip works then no need to change :lol:

Bros, i am a newbie....can u guys tell me step by step to install this excellent program? btw I am using hj1. tks in advance

Guest DJRedLine
Took the plunge this morning and did a hard reset (losing SPB Mobile Shell with imarche.net skins)

Installed as per instructions on page 1 and worked a treat. Big thanks to all involved :D

Only issue i currently have is the image album viewer appears to have the black bar in the middle of the screen (Using Vodafone XXHH1 rom)

I have now fixed the album viewer so the bar now sits at the bottom :lol:

I have gone through the changes to registry regarding comm manager, but i cannot seem to get the 'turn on/off Wifi' option to work. I can switch it on via settings/connections but unable to switch it off.

Guest 3shirts

but if winzip works then no need to change :lol:

Or use 7Zip which is freeware and handles all the common compression formats (including zip and rar)

Guest lordkled

Hi.

Im probly the noobest person ever.

I got my Omnia two days ago.. and I would like to install this.

My question is:

Can I install this on:

- i900XJHH1/BAHH2

- i900BUHG5

I LOVE this work of yours, Im just conerned about this small "issue".

Can any of you tell me if you tried this on that version?

Im worried... I dont want to send the cash down the toilet if something goes wrong at some point.

Thank you very much (in advance) for your help and time.

Guest punkmonkey1984
Bros, i am a newbie....can u guys tell me step by step to install this excellent program? btw I am using hj1. tks in advance

how far are you in to installing manila 2d first

Guest Flukester
Hiya,

First of all thank you for this great thread .... I installed Manila touchflo on my omnia couple weeks ago .. worked like a charm .. but for last two days im having problem with email widget ... when i try to use email widget it freezes the whole thing .. i have to restart the touchflo from today settings .. and if i chnage the config thru m2dc and uncheck the email widegt box .. then touch flo works fine ... Please HELP !!!

thanx

I had same yesterday, nothing would stop the phone freezing on email tab... in end went for a flash to latest ROM and bricked it, result! B)

so far so good I have manilla up and running and i really like it however A couple of things. First how do you change the windows mobile upper and lower bars to be black as at the moment i can only use the standard colours ie the nearest I can get is grey.

Also I could not instal the 7th cab file 7.Enchasements.OUTLOOK.and.PICTURE will this have adverse effects on my phones functionality?

ANother thing I notice on the music and photo menus the menus seem to be a quater of the way up from the bottom of the screen is this normal. WHen i scroll through my music the lower section seems to repeat the text over and over also.

Edited by couzo

Guest Turb0wned

Need help please... I successfully installed it on my omnia with dxhg3 rom...

Before doing the hard reset and installing this IGO8 worked perfect.. Now after re-installing it when i click on igo8 it acts like its going to load but then does nothing..... Someone please help IGO8 was my favorite app....

Guest Turb0wned

Well i went into settings and "today" put the default theme, changed "items" from touch flo to samsung today 1 and also unchecked the "use this picture....." box. I loaded IGO8 and it worked perfect.

For some reason it doesn't work while touchflo 2d is active. Maybe someone can help me fix this? I really love touchflo 2D but i dont want to have to be changing every time i want to use IGO8... Thanks in advance.

Guest RavensNL

Hi,

Just installed it!

Only i can't find the windows folder on vista .. ( iplaced the files, by placing it into the windows folder with the file explorer on the phone..) Now i have to edit the registery? But how?!

And it isnt working 100% i think.. When i switch from messages to let's say wheater.. I keeps the messages behind it.. Same is, if i scroll down to another message, i see the previous message and the newer one..!

Help?

//used to be under nickname Ravens .. But cant recover my password! B)

Edited by RavensNL

Guest Basz112
________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #5 ONLY WORKS FOR WORLD WIDE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROMS

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #4 FULLY WORKING

Apologies to all! Never use a rubbish W2K machine to build a ZIP file. Every file seemed to be damaged somehow. I have now hard reset my phone and tested build by downloading file and following my own instructions and it all works.

UPDATE #3

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken 1.Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB

UPDATE #2

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken hh_fw_background.png

UPDATE #1

I have been going through what programs are needed, not needed and programs that can be relocated and Manila 2D still work with improved memory.

NOT NEEDED

04.Album_Video_fix.cab (YouTube Video Fix - YouTube App doesn't work)

11.YouTubeQVGA 1_5_1819_1531.cab (Doesn't Work)

05.Task_Manager_2.1_34837.5.cab

08.Audio_Booster.cab (Don't Work)

09.Fullscreen_Player_1_05_080828_0.cab (Makes No Difference)

CAN BE INSTALLED ON LARGE INTERNAL MEMORY

12.GoogleMaps_compressed.CAB (Still needed to use Maps widget)

After doing this I was left with much improved memory running M2D :

STORAGE MEMORY : 20.46mb FREE

PROGRAM MEMORY : 46.73mb FREE

This is one of the best UI's for the Omnia to date and it runs extremely well. This is the latest M2D from herg62123 on xda-developers.

Here is my guide to getting Manila 2D working on a Samsung Omnia i900.

Landscape does not work and neither does the YouTube App.

Sorry forgot to add I have only tested this on i900DXHI3

You might want to rationalize the programs afterwards as when your done you will only have about 5mb storage memory left. I got rid of the YouTube Stuff.

I did not have any involvement in the development of the programs I have attached. Thank all the guys at XDA-Developers for their hard work.

1. Hard reset your device if you can (not compulsory but advisable)

2. Move the DiamondQVGA.tsk and Hh_fw_background.png in the "Files" folder to "My Documents" on your device

3. Go to "Settings" then "Today" and select "DiamondQVGA" theme

4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"

5. Disable any Items in the Today Settings

6. In the Manila folder install file "1". All CAB files should be installed on device main memory and not My storage.

7. After file is installed go back to "Today Items" in "Settings" and disable "TouchFlo"

8. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

9. In the Manila folder install file "2" M2D Patch

10. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

11. Install the rest of the files 3 to 12 in the manila folder soft resetting the device if told to by the installations. Yes you do need to install Gmaps as it wont work in the M2D maps widget.

12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.

13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.

14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.

15. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

16. When the device starts go to "settings" then "today" then "items" and enable "TouchFlo"

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

18. That should be it!

Here are the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

Paul you might want to mediafire the file as some people have trouble with rapidshare

hey I have followed u step by step and when I enable touchflow again and go back to the home screen it sais at the top of the screen: touch here to open touchFlo.. and I press it and nothing happens...

do you have to install the "NOT NEEDED" files to??

pls help

Guest Turb0wned

I just noticed that touchflo is only covering half my screen??? Why is that? Looking at the pictures posted you guys have it full screen.... How do i fix this?

Guest tomtom1988

Hard reset it like it suggests. After installing .cab 1 i can't do anymore as it says memory full. How do i change it to program memory instead of storage memory? :S