Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest doudouweb
Whats the best way of increasing the device memory, i really want to install but have not enough mem to install the 1st cab? Help!

Did you flash your rom? If no, this is a good way to increase memory!

++

Guest fergusso

guys if you want to install your cab files to your storage card or main memory use CABINSTL, this is a very effective software for omnia, some programs has a default location for installation files .... example is even if you choose the main memory to install the program it will still install itself to the device memory causing us to have shortage in device memory. try it you wont regret it. I have touchflo 2d and all the best goodies for my omnia, and i still have 30mb of device memory :-)

attached is my contribution.

cabinstl.zip

cabinstl.zip

Guest fergusso

I just wanna share something again :-), for weeks ive been searching ways of speeding up my Omnia and I did a lot of trial and errors already, finally I found 2 solutions that really really works with my omnia .... this has never been this fast and responsive as when Im not using it yet before.

I have manila 2d and bunch of Omnia goodies and still the phone is like wow ..... like an Iphone when it comes to responsiveness.

Install XCPUSCALAR ..... it speeds up the framerate, helps a lot when recording videos at maximum quality, reduces lags .... i tried it several times, and I have a game that's showing 150 fps ..... while using xcpuscalar, without using it it drops to 115 fps .... which means it improved the quality of that game while using it.

Install Memmaid ...... use keyreg attached (install in your phone and use it), carefully follow this instruction .... again I did several trial and errors, and this setting is really really the best ...... open memmaid and optimize setting to "extreme memory", i tried "extreme speed" and there are lots of lags so I dont advise using "extreme speed" ..... "extreme memory" would result to a super responsive Omnia.

please give me some feedback if it works for you! Im sure it would work :-)

I love this forum, It really is a big help to all of us.

DinarSoftMemMaid_en.CAB

MemMaid.exe

XCPUScalar.arm.CAB

Guest raziel1971
Touchflo is excellent - anyone thinking of updating should do it - you won't regret it. Thanks to Robf80 for pulling the instructions together.

One question - has anyone got iGo8 to work with Touchflo - read some earlier problems but can't see any confirmation of anyone getting them to work together. Thanks

Mine works fine:-) Whats wrong?

Has anyone encounter a problem with the "All Programs" not working. When I touched "All Programs" on the bottom right hand corner, it didn't go anywhere. It works only once after each soft reset. Thanks.

Hello,

have you got a idea how can I install Manila2D in a french rom ?

because, Programs installed in " My Storage " don't work ( because, My Storage in french rom is Ma Mémoire )

And Weather don't work ...

Thanks B)

Guest DJRedLine

Been using Manilla for quite a while now with no problems. Yesterday i upgraded to the new Voda ROM and then reinstalled M2D again.

Followed all the registry changes but on the comm manager page, if i'm connected to any data connection i cant seem to switch it off as pressing the 'data connection' button takes me into the settings page instead.

Guest encores
Where are you looking? It's the first level down from My Device in any reg editor.

in computer or omnia?

i cant find it in omnia..

if it is in omnia how we use reg editor?

Has anyone encounter a problem with the "All Programs" not working. When I touched "All Programs" on the bottom right hand corner, it didn't go anywhere. It works only once after each soft reset. Thanks.

Anyone has any idea on the problem I mentioned in earlier post? Please help!!! Thanks

Guest Faithless

Hi guys,

I wanna ask s.thing.

How can i create a shortcut on the any widget in manilla ?

PS : Not program shortcut, it's like new Sms or new contact or new Note

Thanks

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Look at your Regional Settings ...

The time display change with regional settings, but my date display is still MM/DD/YYYY, even though I've got DD/MM/YYYY set in wm... My other programs get the date format right, just manila2D... Any ideas if it's hardcoded?

Guest cheese_za

i installed it and all is well.

but how does 1 modify the home screen?

i would like to add tasks and wireless to the home screen.

is there a simple way of doing that?

also, can i increase the size of the weather plugin?

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hi everyone,

I had this question in my mind for a while but every time it managed to escape getting written here:

I'm having problems getting the videos to show on "Photos & Videos" widget of M2D. The counter shows the total number of files in the library, both the photos and videos. But when I flick-scroll and come to a video, a glitch happens and it behaves weird, showing the photo before or after the video. Upon flicking back, it all resumes normal, while I stay with images.

Did anyone had success with videos? I'm trying to view my self-made videos, with the phone (omnia) itself. Checked the videos, playback with TouchPlayer or CorePlayer is normal, with sound etc.

I'm using update19 of Manila 2D by the way.

Guest camalot
download - PHM Regedit

How on earth do you load this program? Ive got my phone plugged in through active sync. Clicked the exe etc. It comes up with an add/remove programs thing? I clicked ok and it says its installed but i cant find it on the omnia to load?

Guest Likvidator
after install manila, i can't active flash light by press volume key long. Help me

I have the same problem with flashlight. Also after Manilla installation I've lost an ability to watch DivX movies. Licensed to DivX format Touch Player gives to me that message:

screen02qz3.pngscreen03dc2.png

Windows Media Player also can't play those files, but when I roll back to original ROM file all movies and AVI files played well. Only CorePlayer can run DivX files, but pucture quality is cheese cause very pixelated.

screen04xa6.png

But this problem remains and with original ROM. Anyone have an idea how to force Touch Player to work with DivX format or improve picture quality in CorePlayer?

Thanx in advance! B)

Edited by Likvidator

Guest shokka9

Same as Taril,

Use those options, no probs whatsoever with avi playback.

All good, would show you screen shot, but nothing decent to show you on my memory card.

But you shouldn't have issues with coreplayer, it's very handy. I use it to play all types of media.