Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Can i install this by the instructions that the thread starter has given me and not have to worry that my mobile will completely brake so i cant get back to orginal omnia settings?

Will i have to little memory from orginal samsung omnia or do i have to flash my rom before i install this?

Guest ned4spd8874

First, I love this app! And thanks to all for the hard work!

But I do have an issue...

I did a hard reset on my Omnia and installed TF2D. But I can't seem to get it to take up the whole screen. I have about an inch of dead empty space below the app. Basically it stops just above the volume keys. Anyone else see this? Any ideas on what I can do to make it expand more?

Guest Frankish

I did a hard reset on my Omnia and installed TF2D. But I can't seem to get it to take up the whole screen. I have about an inch of dead empty space below the app. Basically it stops just above the volume keys. Anyone else see this? Any ideas on what I can do to make it expand more?

Install M2DC then install a custom theme. It's just an XML file that needs editing though so if you would rather try that it's called HTCHomeSettings.xml and is in the Windows directory.

Guest ned4spd8874
Install M2DC then install a custom theme. It's just an XML file that needs editing though so if you would rather try that it's called HTCHomeSettings.xml and is in the Windows directory.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do have M2DC installed and used it to switch themes, but each one is the wrong resolution. I just tried to manually change the .xml file, but it's still not working.

Maybe I changed the wrong section? I changed this:

""

Guest Frankish
Thanks for the quick reply!

I do have M2DC installed and used it to switch themes, but each one is the wrong resolution. I just tried to manually change the .xml file, but it's still not working.

Maybe I changed the wrong section? I changed this:

""

Try mine maybe? HTCHomeSettings.xml

please excuse my ignorance... but where on my fone can i find the "HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN " directory??? to be more clear, i dont know what to do once ive reached step 17... any help would b muchly appreciated! thanx~!

another thing i would like to add is... my clock on the home screen has "am" or "pm" clashing with the actual time.... is this meant to be like that or have i done something wrong? thanx~!

I was having a hard time finding it until I tried Resco Explorer. I opened the program up on my phone and amazingly, Hkey_Local_Machine was right there as an option. All the other ones confused the heck out of me.

Try that. It worked for me.

TT

Guest ned4spd8874
Try mine maybe? HTCHomeSettings.xml

Thanks, but that one's not working either. It cycles between the tap here to start touchflo and loading touchflo messages. That one also seems to be missing a lot of stuff. The one I have is about 4 times the size.

Guest ned4spd8874

I think I may have at least figured out what's going on. Maybe some settings from other themes are hanging around and not being deleted before applying the new theme? For instance I also noticed that "am" by the time is not the same font as the time itself.

Also, looking in my Windows folder I have about 450 files with the names "hh_email..., hh_fw...", hh_hm...", etc. And about 216 in the Windows\ManilaGFX with similar naming. Is this normal. I did a hard reset last night. But maybe when I sync'ed it, it carried over some of the bad settings from before???

UPDATE: I think I'm going to have to Hard Reset it...again. I'm thinking that I have a couple issues going on here. I think that after I reset it last night, the sync copied over the bad files back into the Windows directory.

Now, I can copy the original HTChomesettings.xml into the Windows directory and it works. Kinda...but as soon as I use the M2DC program to switch themes, it messes everything up again. Not sure what's going on here. And no matter what I try now, I don't have any of the icons in my weather tab. This sucks.

Edited by ned4spd8874

hey guys, this thing is really great and fun to have on my omnia. there is only one issue that i have with it tho, for some reason my screen is not completely filled. i have a bout a few cm of black screen with nothing in it. is there a way to fix this problem? i tried replacing the HTCHomeSettings.xml a few times, and btw my /windows folder is in my storage instead of my device folder( i hope this doesn't make a difference).

thanks in advance..

Guest mst_mugen
I was having a hard time finding it until I tried Resco Explorer. I opened the program up on my phone and amazingly, Hkey_Local_Machine was right there as an option. All the other ones confused the heck out of me.

Try that. It worked for me.

TT

hey, thanx for the reply! i just have one quick question.... which site did u download Resco Explorer from? did u download it from the Resco website? because that version is only a shareware version??? thanx in advance~

Guest jhickey

Thanks for this great guide! I have the Verizon Omnia i910, and everything worked perfectly with the original files in the first post. I love this interface; it's like a have a brand new phone!

EDIT: I would like to mention that even though you CAN install Google Maps onto the large internal storage, it won't work in Manila unless it's installed onto the device memory, or at least it doesn't for me.

Edited by jhickey

Hi, I installed everything and it works and looks good, but i have 1 problem, when I go to internet tab, and press on picture, or on "Launcher" button on the right side, nothing happens, the Opera just doest run. Anyone can help ?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Mrhoffmann
Hi, I installed everything and it works and looks good, but i have 1 problem, when I go to internet tab, and press on picture, or on "Launcher" button on the right side, nothing happens, the Opera just doest run. Anyone can help ?

Thanks in advance.

Download Manilla 2D Customizer and install it on your omnia.

Open Manilla 2D Customizer, go to the internet tab and search for OperaL.exe in the Windows map.

Download Manilla 2D Customizer and install it on your omnia.

Open Manilla 2D Customizer, go to the internet tab and search for OperaL.exe in the Windows map.

Thanks, but I already found line responsible for this in registers, so did it without Manilla 2D Customiser. And one last question, what is the difference between opera9.exe and operal.exe. They both are ir windows folder, and both seem to start same program, so whats the difference ?

Guest Tim T.
hey, thanx for the reply! i just have one quick question.... which site did u download Resco Explorer from? did u download it from the Resco website? because that version is only a shareware version??? thanx in advance~

Sorry I haven't checked this in a couple of days. Hope you had a great new year's.

I did download the shareware version of it. It got the job done. I just hope I don't need it again after the shareware expires. :rolleyes:

Guest vaquin

I did evrything as it said in the instructions but when i enabled "TouchFlo" in the last instruction it said when it was loading manila2d.exe that it couldent open and it would try to send microsoft rapport etc. Why did this happen?, is it because im from sweden?

My version

pda: i900XBHJ2/CSHJ1

phone: i900XBHI3

Guest smilepak

Out of all the tutorial out there and cabs file, this one worked the best. I've install, reinstall this over a dozen time and it all work flawlessly.

Other version has issue with comm not working and other things.

What I am curious to know is a revised version of this and looking for a few things added to it

1) Scale down on size on un-needed items

2) one cab install vs a bunch of smaller one

3) M2DC included.

Anyone happen to notice on a full screen scroll with TF2D, the bottom half tends to leave a ghost image of the previous tab?

Guest akiden
Regarding V10 from pcdaviet... I have also found it one of the best "cooked" ROM's. I just wanted to say that users should know that the specific ROM has also an updated OS kernel, which should make it a little faster than the ROM's we get normally.

Hi helladios,

Lots ppl in the thread on V10 from pcdaviet say that there are problems with wifi and video camera function. Are u having these problems as well?

There's also a new V11 and I'm wondering if you have any feedback which is better, V10 or V11 in terms of stability.

Wifi and camera functions are quite impt to me so just wanted to make sure that these are not compromised by installing the pcdaviet roms.

Cheers!

Guest chunkhead

I'm using the v11 PDAVIET at the moment and I have no negatives to report. It's extremely fast, GPS is super quick and everything else seems fine!

Guest akiden
I'm using the v11 PDAVIET at the moment and I have no negatives to report. It's extremely fast, GPS is super quick and everything else seems fine!

Thanks for the feedback.

One more qn pls :rolleyes:

Have u tried PaSSoA's M2D roms b4... Is it pdaviet rom as functional as PaSSoA's rom?

There are many M2D roms out there which are 'half-cooked'. They only managed to get the M2D up but few interface are not working at all e.g All People doesn't work, or Communications mgr does't work, this and that are not integrated yet etc....

I'm currently on PaSSoA's M2D03 which is more stable than his M2D04 and I just love it as the M2D features are almost FULLY integrated into WM. So unless all the features of M2D are working in this pdaviet rom, I would be reluctant to try.

So..it this version's M2D fully functional and integrated with WM?

Cheers!

Guest psymon.jakarta

hey guys, thank you for all the hard work, it looks awesome and the guide was the best, just a couple of questions, if you dont mind,

1, the close button at the top right doesn't work, when i try to close any window, i am running spb phone suite and spb pocket plus

2, i cant control wifi or data from the comunications page, but the others seem to work great,

3, there is a ghost image at the bottom of the screen when tapping through the screens, of either the phone tab, or the program tab, which goes away when you drag the selector at the bottom

4, when i go to the libary on the music there is a big black mess in the bottom section,

and i was wondering if there was any way to change the defult calander setting to another location? as i want to use sbsh calander, (and if poss delete/replace the basic calander in windows???) --Edit i found a great little prog here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447481)

last one (sorry) is there any way to change the look of the clock on the main screen? just curious :)

--Edit one last tiny little thing! is there any way to change the weather panel to look like

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq41/ma...pc_capture7.jpg

i am still really new to this blog thing and really appreciate any help any one could give, sorry if i've broken any rules :rolleyes: ,

thanks

i900dxhl2/omnia

Edited by psymon.jakarta

Guest jthechu365

I'm wondering... would the Manila UI be able to read Korean characters? The original Windows Mobile 6.1 did not have Korean language support so I had to use this tweak to change the default font:

http://leeblood.com/2008/02/16/windows-mob...korean-support/

I'm wondering if I would have to do something similiar if I use Manila...

Thanks for the help!