Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest smilepak
I'm using the v11 PDAVIET at the moment and I have no negatives to report. It's extremely fast, GPS is super quick and everything else seems fine!

Sad no cook rom for the Verizon i910 version of the Omnia :rolleyes:

Guest jhoojhoo

i installed it and it looks great, but does anyone no why the today screen doesnt fill my whole phone up? (a blank/black area at the bottom of my phone) thx

Edited by jhoojhoo

Guest arbaheti

Thanx a lot Rob....ur guide was very helpful and the new theme looks gud.....

the only problem is i have an image from the previous tab on the screen when i move to the next tab and its with people and program tab....

does anyone else has got this problem.....i see some ppl have.....

Rob can you please help.....

Thanx in advance...

Edited by arbaheti

Guest string

I love this interface. 2 questions, though.

1) Is there a way to change the all people to open the samsung version instead? (IE, the way the missed call manager, and contacts, from that view, look )

Is there a way to have the photo manager look in the default samsung photos folder.

Thanks

Guest shinta4e

hi installed this on my i910 omnia and it works flawlessly except now i cant open my settings menu of the omnia it said command.exe failed or somthing close to that please help me also is there a way to get an analog clock instead of the digital and a fullscreen weather display to show the animation better

Edited by shinta4e

Guest daveydm196324

can anyhelp please, tried twice to install this manila 2d but failed due to run out of memory, why is the phone out of memory i followed page 1 instructions of this thread and got to no 13 where it falls, any help appreciated

davey

Guest hilljens

Hi sztupy!

I really appreciate all the work you have done here!

One thing that is missing in Manilla/touchFlo 2D is a better Calendar info on the Homescreen. As it is today it does not show upcomming events, only the day before and the same day, and only timed appointments and not general tasks. Do you think this can be improved?

Guest sztupy
can anyhelp please, tried twice to install this manila 2d but failed due to run out of memory, why is the phone out of memory i followed page 1 instructions of this thread and got to no 13 where it falls, any help appreciated

davey

you need at least around 20-30 megs of free storage memory. if you have less try create an allinone installer with a small theme, and you'll be fine with 15 megs of free storage RAM: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...nstall-creator/

Guest sztupy
Hi sztupy!

I really appreciate all the work you have done here!

One thing that is missing in Manilla/touchFlo 2D is a better Calendar info on the Homescreen. As it is today it does not show upcomming events, only the day before and the same day, and only timed appointments and not general tasks. Do you think this can be improved?

It's how M2D works... you have to use something else if you miss this functionality. Maybe in a later M2D this will be improved, but later M2D's only work with HTC phones unf.

Guest marg232

can anyone help me please, after doing a few hard resets and installing this great application, my internet, opera internet explorer etc wont work, says there is a network error and wont connect, seems there is some empty boxes in connections, do i need another program to restore them?

Guest erichkooi

I managed to install Manila2D and running fine but on my Memory, it only left 3.27MB.

Storage:How

Total: 86.70 MB

in Use: 83.43 MB

Free: 3.27 MB

Program

Total: 96.70 MB

in Use: 44.53 MB

Free: 52.17 MB

What can I do to free up my memory?

Mine Omnia version is i900DXHK3/DZHK3

Best regards,

Eric

Edited by erichkooi

If I install this theme could I easily return to the original windows mobile theme, via "settings"? Or is the install settings permanently over-riding my phones original windows mobile settings?

Guest furiouz

Hi guys, my first post here.

Installed Manila 2d and everything is working perfect, exept I cant play .mp4 files anymore. Ive tried with various video programs but no luck.

Anyone have a fix for this or know what to do?

Thanks

Guest Frankish

Just wondering. I'm sure when i used an older version, that as i went to the messages tab and read a message it would mark it as read. However i'm using v19 now and it doesn't do that. I have to press reply or something then go back for it to be marked as read. Did i just imagine it before? Or did it used to do this and how do i get it to do it again!

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Just wondering. I'm sure when i used an older version, that as i went to the messages tab and read a message it would mark it as read. However i'm using v19 now and it doesn't do that. I have to press reply or something then go back for it to be marked as read. Did i just imagine it before? Or did it used to do this and how do i get it to do it again!

As far as I know, it has a timeout duration, which you would wait for the message to get marked as read. I mean, if you keep displaying an unread email for a while (it was 15-30 seconds or so), it'll get marked. (I'm not on Manila2D right now, so can't check it.)

I am having a problem with the email view not updating.

When I get a new message, windows mobile alerts me, but touchflo does not update to show the new message. When I restart touchflo the email is updated and the new message is shown. However, if I get another new message the same thing happens.

Any idea on what is wrong and how to fix it?

I just installed M2D on my new Omnia and had a problem.

I have a solid black bar about 1/2" thick underneath the tabs and the softkeys. Not sure why this is because the pictures you have on the front page show it going all the way down to the softkeys.

I read this on the front page

12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.

13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.

14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.

and I followed those directions to ensure the skin would fill my screen, but it still doesn't

Some more questions I had about M2D:

Can I choose any other cities than the ones listed on the Weather page?

Some programs I load don't seem to work with this, i.e. I installed SPB Pocket Plus for it's scrolling and task manager/close button support and it didn't work.

Other than that, thanks for such a wonderful program. I love it.

Edited by tgadd

If I install this theme could I easily return to the original windows mobile theme, via "settings"? Or is the install settings permanently over-riding my phones original windows mobile settings?

It's extremely easy to go back if you so choose. I have kept it though.

Guest luc1f3rspalm

Installed touchflo 2d, no major issues just a few questions.

When i originally loaded it i found that the launcher for internet was setup to go to xda's forum so i changed the registry value for it so it would go to google instead.

But i knoticed that there is a bookmark for the youtube app on the internet tab, is there any way to modify those? it isn't going off my bookmarks for opera so i assume there must be a registry value or something (i did find a registry value that looked as if it was that possible book mark since it was pointing towards a youtube.exe, but i imagine there's an easier way of adding bookmarks rather then having to do it manually through the registry.)

I also am having an issue with the comm manager... wifi status does not change even after editing the regkey and a soft reset (though changing the key mad it so that direct push and data connection options worked.) also i have an issue with the com manager having text running together and just looking slightly off from the rest of the ui.

There are also a few other sections of the ui that didn't get resized to the screen (such as the image gallery app along with the album app.)

The home screen also says i have no service despite me being able to make calls and use the internet and such.

most everything else works as intended other then landscape, but i have just turned off auto rotation and set rotate to a soft key for the mean time.

(anyone have a clue on how to change the default album directory? i save all my images to a different folder on my large storage.)

I910 btw.

Edited by luc1f3rspalm