Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest dwallersv

Yeah, I don't have any service either, even though I do :) I'm guessing this is a consequence of the 910 on Verizon being a CDMA setup rather than GSM, and the reg entries / status interfaces are different. You can ignore it for the most part, because you can see your connection/signal with the "bars" and the [EV] indicator.

I have a different issue: Where's the voicemail page? I don't have it. It's shown in that other thread about manually installing M2D in 14 steps. I'd like to have this page. Sztupy -- did you take it out, is there something wrong with my installation, or is there simply a config switch I need to turn on to make it show up? I don't see anything that looks like it in the M2D customizer tabs page, unless its the "Operator Widget", which is a blank nothing on the Verizon 910.. Is that it? If so, it doesn't work on Verizon, probably for the same reason we 910 folk see the "No Service" indication.

Another mystery: Check the "Location Tab" in MD2C, and it doesn't show up! What's up with that?

Finally, I removed the installed Google Maps because I have a newer version installed in My Storage. How do I point the Google Maps page to that install?

Thanks!!

Edited by dwallersv

Guest eufouria

Three quick problems I'm having, the Comm Manager's separation lines are all eskew, placed randomly over the buttons, I'm not sure how to fix this, I cant find an XML file for it.

The second problem is on the weather tab the forecast for the next 4 days at the bottom of the screen are always Tuesday through Friday, is this normal or did I mess something up?

Third is there a way to disable the Clock settings box that pops up when you tap on the clock on the Home Screen? I'm always opening it by mistake.

Any help is appreciated,

-Nick

Hi guys,

I've installed the TF2D two days ago, the only issue I have is with Google Maps... If i use the one that came with the Manilla package, all works fine, but if I update to the newer google maps cab, and install it, the Google Maps widget does not work. It just sits there when I input something and press the search... Is there a fix for this or what do i need to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Guest j0hnd0e82
Installed touchflo 2d, no major issues just a few questions.

When i originally loaded it i found that the launcher for internet was setup to go to xda's forum so i changed the registry value for it so it would go to google instead.

But i knoticed that there is a bookmark for the youtube app on the internet tab, is there any way to modify those? it isn't going off my bookmarks for opera so i assume there must be a registry value or something (i did find a registry value that looked as if it was that possible book mark since it was pointing towards a youtube.exe, but i imagine there's an easier way of adding bookmarks rather then having to do it manually through the registry.)

I also am having an issue with the comm manager... wifi status does not change even after editing the regkey and a soft reset (though changing the key mad it so that direct push and data connection options worked.) also i have an issue with the com manager having text running together and just looking slightly off from the rest of the ui.

There are also a few other sections of the ui that didn't get resized to the screen (such as the image gallery app along with the album app.)

The home screen also says i have no service despite me being able to make calls and use the internet and such.

most everything else works as intended other then landscape, but i have just turned off auto rotation and set rotate to a soft key for the mean time.

(anyone have a clue on how to change the default album directory? i save all my images to a different folder on my large storage.)

I910 btw.

I think you need to click on album and set one as a favorite for it to default to it.

as for the "no service" issue i get the same thing on my verizon i910. Seems to be ok when i soft reset but if i should ever go into a no service zone it just stays at "no service" and never reverts back to "Home". Not a big deal since you can tell by the bars but it is kinda weird i agree.

Hey guys, how can I replace the ALL PEOPLE Link with IContacts program, its much better? Also I would like to change the link when u click on Alarm / Home Tab that it opens G-Alarm?

This worked for changing the contacts Link in Windows but not the ALL People Softkey in Manila, furthermore I would like to use in the hometab the iContact Call list instead of the Windows one?

How can I do that?

i am a bit confused to install the touchflo interface (the theme on the HTC diamond etc) do i install the files rob has given the link in post #1 and thats it? i have a new sim-free Omnia 8gb

e.g:

http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

or have these been updated as the following people commentated (and readding 26 pages gave me a headache!! :) ) that the hh_fw_background.png and HTCHomeSettings.xml need changing.

Edited by mstar

Guest Daugvolf

You can use this application to change the default launched applications:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=missing

However, I haven't been able to get this to work with my all-in-one Manila cab installation. It's HAS been reported to work on the Omnia by users who are using custom ROMS though.

For me it semi-works. It does what's intended and changes the apps, but it also blanks all of my softkeys in Manila and causes the the settings screen to become blank.

So try it at your own risk, and if this happens to you you'll need to reinstall Manila.

Guest Ram7866

Hi when i activate TouchFLO it keeps on saying on my front screen

"Tap here to launch Touch Flo"

then

" Launching Touch Flo"

and nothing seems to appear

what can i do to resolve this number??

Hi when i activate TouchFLO it keeps on saying on my front screen

"Tap here to launch Touch Flo"

then

" Launching Touch Flo"

and nothing seems to appear

what can i do to resolve this number??

Mine worked for about a month and now, I'm getting the same thing. Can someone help, please?

I've gone as far as to re-install everything... and nothing.

I had my own theme and everything.

UGH.

Guest justpratik
Wow! That's a good guide, I really like it but as you mentioned, the only thing holding me back to the unbelievable amount of space it takes. Just out of curiosity, *cough* *cough* if someone cooks this in a ROM, will it still take up the program memory or will it be in the ROM memory :)

nice post friend .

hello friends if u dont want to wait 1 min for rapid share go to

http://rspremium.info/

thanks buddy

Guest velenje

Hi, I'm stuck on step 17. How do i edit the registry?? I don't know how to go to HKLM.. Where is this regedit.. on computer or on the phone because i can't find it on phone no matter what.

Guest Daugvolf
Mine worked for about a month and now, I'm getting the same thing. Can someone help, please?

I've gone as far as to re-install everything... and nothing.

I had my own theme and everything.

UGH.

Mine did the same, and then I uninstalled some stuff from main memory and it started working again. I was down to 5MB free memory so I don't know if it was a conflict between M2D and a program I uninstalled, or just the lack of space in main memory.

Has the Communications button under Settings ever been fixed? I'd like to be able to use it instead of having to go to winmo. If not, is there a quick fix for this?

Guest ronniecv7

Sorry if it has been asked before...

My Music tab goes on searching forever and i cant open the library as well....

is there any solution?

Guest swamsander

Heya Guys,

first of all, good job on creating this install for touchflow HTC skin for the Omnia.

I have a question, i am using the skin on a dutch Omnia (T-Mobile) and offcourse there are some problems.

For instance i dont have the softbuttons in the tabs (menu's) and no text in the top (ie photos, mail).

I know its to do with me using Dutch language in my Windows mobile.

What can i do to make it work and dont mess up my phone?

Do i need to use a rom or something or is there a different way to make my language english.

For the solution, rom or something else please also provide link with the correct rom to use or solution.

Tnx and nice job.

Greetz Sander

Guest Maxwell Newton
Fixed Weather tab to fit

1. Go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, disable TouchFLO.

2. Go to your device \Windows and copy HTCHomeSettings.xml to your PC.

3. Open HTCHomeSettings.xml in your PC and replace these lines.

4. Save and copy HTCHomeSettings.xml back to your device \Windows.

5. Go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, enable TouchFLO.

You posted an email correction somwhere here as well, but on some themes the paper that the email looks like its written on doesnt extend down to the envelope, so the text just goes floating off the bottom of the page, any fix for this?

Also can you do a fix for the SMS screen?

Many thanks!

Good luck :(

Max

Guest Maxwell Newton

Hello,

My music tab has stopped working, it worked when i first installed (yesterday) but since then, when i go onto it, it just gets stuck on 'Searching' Admitedly i do have 7gigs of music on the internal mem, but it picked that up okay yesterday.... If i do get it working again, is there a way it can cache the music locations so that it doesnt have to search again each time?

Thanks,

Max

Hello,

My music tab has stopped working, it worked when i first installed (yesterday) but since then, when i go onto it, it just gets stuck on 'Searching' Admitedly i do have 7gigs of music on the internal mem, but it picked that up okay yesterday.... If i do get it working again, is there a way it can cache the music locations so that it doesnt have to search again each time?

Thanks,

Max

Kinda same thing here, it searches but cant play it on music tab, i need to go to library and play via player...Also under settings connections(Phone, WiFi, etc) when taped does not open:S

Any solutions?

Edited by logx

Guest ryansnotcool1

took a couple run throughs and resets but works great on my i910 on Verizon

M2DC can cause that loop where it says launching touchFlo but it never opens.

Thanks so much for all the information.

Guest jcanderson
heeh nice I just did change the wallpapers resolution and did a soft reset. will try the xml file once it is restarted!

/edit

well so far so good, also replaced it with ur xml file and it looks like al the wigdets work propertly (with the full background) now.

just not the message widget. When I click on the message tab, the program freezes and I have to do a soft reset. I didnt want the message tab anyway, but now that it doesnt work I do want it hehe.

Thanks Kaer for your help! How does your phone/theme look like?

what xml file did you use i still cant get full screen..i have black bar on bottom any ideas?