Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Hey,

I'm at work on the mobile and am looking to download the zip file. Can't get it to work on rapidshare though (due to the stupid "you have to wait for another 22 seconds" re-direct. Is this file hosted anywhere else?

Cheers.

Im also having the music problem where its stuck at "Searching...". Also, is there anyway to resize the photo album to fit the screen, and change the location it looks for pictures?

Edited by TRB01

Got it on the phone now and think its awesome! Thanks for the work...

Just one issue though...the "slider" is about 1 and a half centimeters above the "phone" and "programs" buttons, with just a black space in between (not even the background).

Anyone had this issue/have I done something stupid?!

Cheers

Guest robinhood1701

Hi, Noob just after a little help plz,

just got my Omnia three days ago,

On ACHJ2, Vodafone UK,

Nearly on the point of sending it back till i installed

Manila 2D all-in-one 19b by sztupy,

used the guide from here,

Wow! what a difference!

may not send it back now,

Can anyone tell me how to make Manila go full screen?

can still see the bars at top and bottom of screen?

Guest Foxgguy2001
Wow! what a difference!

may not send it back now,

Can anyone tell me how to make Manila go full screen?

can still see the bars at top and bottom of screen?

Robin,

Check post 17 at the beginning of this thread...worked for me.

Edited by Foxgguy2001

Guest robinhood1701
Robin,

Check post 17 at the beginning of this thread...worked for me.

Copied the file over to my device,

did not work after a restart?

Just moves the lower icons on the weather tab up a line or more

The upper and lower lines still showing are being controlled by the colour set by

start/settings/personal/themes/theme (the colour drop-down at top) ?

Edited by robinhood1701

Im also having the music problem where its stuck at "Searching...". Also, is there anyway to resize the photo album to fit the screen, and change the location it looks for pictures?

Anyone have a fix for this? :(

Guest KorteHans
No one else gets a 80004005 error with active sync after installing this M2D interface? It's pretty (though memory intensive) and I like it, but once it's installed, I cannot sync the device at all. Says it can't synchronize delete the partnerships, blah blah blah.. of course that doesn't do anything (as if it EVER does with these errors.)

grr... it's frustrating. After all that time installing I'm kind of fond of the 20meg interface. But now... I mean I won't be able to use it if I can't sync.

pp

I'm having this problem too, is there anyone who has a solution for this?

Guest chadmille
maybe it's due to file size too big? already clicked yes in cert prompt and it stays at 0% for 5-10 munites until i got fade up and reset :(

well i was wondering, if 1 file is 12mb, how much space it would take up in main storage if it can't work on MyStorage...

hi i'm a new omnia user and i wonder if some one can hepl me

i can't use any apps dat i downloaded like diamnd cubes or diamond hologram

can some one tell me how and where i can download apps dat would work..... huhuhuhuhu

Guest willbrookes

Hi,

Flashed my previously orange branded omnia to i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1, the response is SO much quicker - orange infuriate me with their branding. Anyway after doing this I have installed this touch flo 2D (I had it on my old ROM so just want it back) - couple of (minor) issues I dont seem to be able to figure out by myself:

1) I am trying to change the alarm tone (clicking the little gold bell on the alarms screen). This gives a very short drop down options for the alarm, which are not the same as those which you can set as ring/sms tones (which I have successfully changed by saving the sound files in the omnia windows, my ringtones and mystorage folders - yet when i go to set a tone as an alarm, these do not appear in the drop down box.

2) Is it possible to use regedit to change the alarm program the phone uses (eg change to g-alarms) when you click the clock on the manila 2D? If so, how do I go about doing this?

3) After a lot of fiddling, I've got most of the screen resolutions to fit now. However, when I go to the photos and videos tab, and click album, the bar which says "albums menu" appears in the middle of the screenm, and the thumbnails on the photo tabs below this do not load. What do I have to change to get this specific bit to use the correct resolution (worked on my old version so dont know why this has happened this time)

Other than that all is well, thanks for all the great work!

Guest Th3rmal

Thanks for this, works really well. I had to change the xml file (i used the 3rd or 4th one found in this thread) and I adjusted some tabs to make them support the fullscreen using kaers instructions. All is working well now :(

Thanks.

Guest Th3rmal

One problem ive found is that when you go into Album (from the music tab) it does not fill up the full screen and looks really ugly. Any fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris64

Is there any way to show "DAY" on the front screen?

07/01/2008 -----> Jul/01(Mon)/2008 or, Jul 01(Mon)

Something like this.

Thanks!

Edited by Chris64

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coreancaveman

Totally love the touchflo, but having some problems with using it.

First, on the "people" tab, I cant add contacts

On the "settings" tab, clicking on any of the choices wont do anything i.e. sounds, wallpapers, comms

On the "programs" tab, I cant add any programs

What should I do? I love touchflo, I think its better than spb shell, but Im having some problems!!!

I am on a i910, btw, so not sure if that itself is the problem...

Guest PinkRose82
Totally love the touchflo, but having some problems with using it.

First, on the "people" tab, I cant add contacts

On the "settings" tab, clicking on any of the choices wont do anything i.e. sounds, wallpapers, comms

On the "programs" tab, I cant add any programs

What should I do? I love touchflo, I think its better than spb shell, but Im having some problems!!!

I am on a i910, btw, so not sure if that itself is the problem...

Elo... maybe u should add your contact to ur phone memory before it works in adding your people to the contacts. it works for me...

Guest PinkRose82
One problem ive found is that when you go into Album (from the music tab) it does not fill up the full screen and looks really ugly. Any fix for this?

Me too... Further, my wireless aint working unless i go the main settings where i add my wifi network..

Guest justin911

hey peoples

ive been searching on the net but couldnt find much info.. is ther a way to customize the today screen ? Atm its just the calender, clock and alarm.

thanks heaps B)

Guest victor.carlotto

Hi! I am just about to follow your Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900, HTC Standard Skin..

i have one question.. if anything goes wrong or I don't get everything working, can I easily uninstall it? if i hard reset the mobile will it delete manila and restore my original ROM?

thanks in advance!

Guest amprof

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great mod. I love TouchFlo on my Omnia.

After a lot of reading through this and other forums, I'm still left with two unanswered questions. I'm sure there are a lot more out there, but these are the two that are bugging me.

1. The Photos and Video tab is only finding and displaying photos. None of the video that I shoot with the camera shows up on the tab. The videos are in the same folder with the photos and they show up and play just fine with other media apps (like Media Album). Is anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?

2. I can't add my city to the Weather tab. Is there a way to add cities that aren't included in the list? I've found discussions about AccuWeather being the source of the weather data and being able to use AccuWeather location codes to add missing cities, but so far nothing has worked. So again, anyone out there been able to add new cities to the list and have them display properly? If so, how?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help.

Guest Michael Pang

hi mate,

just want to know

- how to customize the action of the left soft key of the M2D Settings tab.

- how to change the action of the communication button inside the Settings tab (i want to use the windows mobile buildin wireless manager instead of the HTC Communcation manager)

is it in XML or Registry? can anyone help?

thanks in advanced.

cheers