Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Here, read this.

:lol:

I think ill delete the messaging tab, but do you perhaps know if it is possible to give it a password, so when u use the password then u can see your sms messages?

btw I installed M2D on DXHJ1 with no problems at all.

/edit oh I see how the sms system works now..u only see the last one yeh..

Edited by cdrk

Yea you will only see the last sms or email. There is no way to password protect it, the last thing you can do is to disable both the tabs completed from the interface.

You don't really need the optional folder. Seemed to make no difference.

CommManager do following to get WiFi working

Registry

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/HTC/COMMMANAGER/WLAN/DeviceName

at the end of the string replace \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1

With CommManager you can not toggle while connected to activesync or wmdc.

Install M2DC found on xda-developers to modify Manila 2D. There is an analog/digital clock option in that software.

Yea you will only see the last sms or email. There is no way to password protect it, the last thing you can do is to disable both the tabs completed from the interface.

thanks, I guess just seeing the last sms shouldnt be that big of a problem.

I now have a resco explorer, but I cant find how to "get" to the registry.

I know in windows it's just go to run and then /regedit...?

Guest 3shirts
thanks, I guess just seeing the last sms shouldnt be that big of a problem.

I now have a resco explorer, but I cant find how to "get" to the registry.

I know in windows it's just go to run and then /regedit...?

You neeed the registry add in for Resco. If you have it go 'UP' as much as you can and registry will appear there, if not you will only have My Device, Virtual folders etc.

Guest romipoison

i have only one problem...the weather don't animate...any idea? thanks

rom: dxhj1

edit: ok it seems only rain can animate...

Edited by romipoison

Guest daz306td
i have only one problem...the weather don't animate...any idea? thanks

rom: dxhj1

edit: ok it seems only rain can animate...

Yeh Manilla3d animates all the weather. rain only on 2d

So which tabs aren't currently using the full 400x240 real estate?

P

The first tab, if someone can figure out how to let the Calendar part to show more or upcoming appointments.

The photo tab, I probably will work on moving the photo to show it in the center of the screen.

And am guessing the music tab too, just that I did not opt to install in mine.

All of the tabs can be edited by the xml file but alot of guessing work and testing... but worth filling up our screens :lol: I managed to fix the email and weather tabs.

Edited by kaer

I kinda tried to install this theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=433576

It looks ok, but the backgrounds from the widgets are not supporting i900's resolution (u know 1/5th of background is missing)

Is it possible to change it in the xml file?

This theme looks purrrrfect :s

im gonna try mess with the xml now :lol:

/edit err just looking actually

Edited by cdrk

I kinda tried to install this theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=433576

It looks ok, but the backgrounds from the widgets are not supporting i900's resolution (u know 1/5th of background is missing)

Is it possible to change it in the xml file?

This theme looks purrrrfect :s

im gonna try mess with the xml now :lol:

/edit err just looking actually

Try replacing your xml with this xml

edit: Oh you will need to make the wallpaper to be 240x400 also.

Edited by kaer

heeh nice I just did change the wallpapers resolution and did a soft reset. will try the xml file once it is restarted!

/edit

well so far so good, also replaced it with ur xml file and it looks like al the wigdets work propertly (with the full background) now.

just not the message widget. When I click on the message tab, the program freezes and I have to do a soft reset. I didnt want the message tab anyway, but now that it doesnt work I do want it hehe.

Thanks Kaer for your help! How does your phone/theme look like?

Edited by cdrk

Guest Quist09

So I took the plunge and am loving Manila 2d, but one question:

How can I change the soft button on the home screen? Can I apply the regular registry hack found elsewhere or is there something special required for Manila to work?

Guest Quist09
Manila 2D in Landscape thanks to mbrarian! I dont know for sure how is the res in Omnia but it worths to take a look.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=436753

Download:

http://myunspace.com/?d=D45839481

Video: (thanks darkz)

I've seen this before, but isn't it a Mortscript that adjusts the layout upon detecting rotation to present a launcher page? On other devices there seems to be a considerable delay, how is it on the Omnia?

Somebody refered to a new version of Manila being on the way. Any news on that front? Logically, a true rotation version would use the landscape real estate differently, i.e. shifting the slider to the right (or left) of the screen with an up/down motion (instead of left/right as in portrait) and the icon orientation to fit the screen orientation (i.e. upright regardless of right-handed or left-handed landscape orientation), and a shift of the "information" field of the screen from above the slider to the left (or right).

For instance, if you flip the phone to the left (like the orientation for the camera), the slider would be on the right and you could slide up/down and have the information field (clock etc. for home, email envelope for email, weather status and forecast for weather, etc.) to the left of the slider.

Not that I won't install this as an interim solution, but from what I understand of the Manila architecture, a new structure began to be seen in the code with specific references to portrait/landscape icons in the latest version, but have yet to see fruition. Apparently those working on it got called away on more pressing business.

Not having the time myself, is there anyone that sees the simplicity in the description of my solution and feels a call? Without restructuring the whole shabang, it may be possible just to adjust some xml and add some conditional checks. E.g. (1) orientation change > check orientation (2) if orientation is a, set file z as the layout structure, else if orientation is b, set file y as layout structure, else set file x as layout structure. I know I'm massively oversimplifying here, but it can't be rocket science - rather just a question of time.

P.S. Re. my question earlier, I notice the posts about the softkeys elsewhere refer to a java app that only allows changes to programs on the device. I simply wanted to change the phone button (left softkey on home screen) to Messages, but keep the programs button (an internal Manila link to the Manila programs tab). Perused the registry and apparently you're right that it's coded into Manila itself. Yet another thing missing from both the official Manila and this harvested version - an app under settings where you can personalize things like this for each tab (as well as options for what is opened on clicks - I would like to refer the contacts buttons to Samsung's contacts app instead of HTC's/Window's).

Edited by Quist09

Guest Quist09

Check out the video. His script disables Manila for landscape en lieue for the launcher screen and reenables it when switching back to portrait. So that delay you see when you re-enable Manila as a today item is what you'll get every time you rotate.

Maybe I'll keep my rotate on manual and only rotate when I need to (responding to emails with my modded landscape keyboard or using TomTom).

Edited by Quist09

I've managed to install and modify Manila on my omnia without any problems, and i must say this is a great piece of software. Thanks to the clear install guide and the tweaks! I do have a question though. I havent been able to install a different type of clock. I would like to display an analog clock on the homescreen, but nothing i do works. Installing a different theme or using the theme manager from xda doesnt work. Can someone help me and explain to me how to display a analog clock or install another clock for manila?

kind regards,

vortex