WE CAN NOW COOK CUSTOM ROMS! What do we want in / out?

Guest PaulOBrien

is there anyway someone can take the (opera,touch player) out from dxhj1

and make it into cab file?

cuz i install one of cooked rom from chinese website,

storage: 117.45mb

in use: 28.45mb

left: 89 mb

which is so nice

thanks if anyone can help

What version is this cooked ROM? :lol:

Edited by 1Mack

Guest fenomeno83

out:

file explorer

windows live

connected home

google launcher (but set opera mainpage on google)

in:

resco file exolorer + registry plugn

coreplayer setted as: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/272258/...read/page/160/# (for video make with omnia or film and youtube)

resco radio

remote tracker

maybe:

out touch player

in kinoma fre player (for music)

another image viewer

Edited by fenomeno83

Guest Emexrulsier

Sounds to me like everyone needs to start cooking their own roms, so many ppl have ideas of what should stay and go. Paul aint going to make individual ones for you all. Just make a minimalistic one and provide the rest as cabs leave the install and configuration to the rest

So thanks to GSeeker2 and his seeking for new ROMs and kitchen tools, no pun intended :lol: , here's a preview of my not-so-light "DTHJ5 Lite Version"...

Updated it using the .exe and so far so good. I'm still testing to see what else can be removed to make it an actual light ROM, so I'm not releasing it yet.

Things I removed so far:

1) Digitalframe

2) Podcasts

3) RssReader

4) Shozu

5) TaskSwitcher

6) Samsung Widget

7) Samsung Today 1

8) Samsung Today 2

9) WelcomeCenter

10) WindowsLive

11) NetCF2.0

12) Main Menu Launcher

Installed

1) NetCF3.5

2) MagicButton

As you can see it's not that many apps so the storage is still about 70MB and I like some of Samsung's finger friendly apps like the contact manager and dialer, so....

Anyway I'm still playing around... Night...

post-428546-1224439948_thumb.jpg

post-428546-1224439958_thumb.jpg

post-428546-1224439967_thumb.jpg

post-428546-1224439981_thumb.jpg

post-428546-1224439992_thumb.jpg

post-428546-1224440006_thumb.jpg

Take out as many as you like , as long as they will be .cab files.

But please do not remove today1 and 2 .

eveni as cab files, we will hove to re-install them after a reset.

Guest frankmehta

passoa, this is one of the most desirable roms youve cooked.

one very sincere question: why hasnt ANYONE posted the rom theyve cooked??????

Edited by frankmehta

So thanks to GSeeker2 and his seeking for new ROMs and kitchen tools, no pun intended :lol: , here's a preview of my not-so-light "DTHJ5 Lite Version"...

Updated it using the .exe and so far so good. I'm still testing to see what else can be removed to make it an actual light ROM, so I'm not releasing it yet.

Things I removed so far:

1) Digitalframe

2) Podcasts

3) RssReader

4) Shozu

5) TaskSwitcher

6) Samsung Widget

7) Samsung Today 1

8) Samsung Today 2

9) WelcomeCenter

10) WindowsLive

11) NetCF2.0

12) Main Menu Launcher

Installed

1) NetCF3.5

2) MagicButton

As you can see it's not that many apps so the storage is still about 70MB and I like some of Samsung's finger friendly apps like the contact manager and dialer, so....

Great work, when do you plan to realese? If its not a big trouble, could you make an ultra light version: I mean to remove even the following:

photo slides

video editor

touch player

google launcher

google maps

search

smart reader

internet shearing

WM player

file explorer

Guest Paul (MVP)
internet shearing

WM player

file explorer

Removing these things - part of the core - probably isn't wise or really beneficial (particularly internet sharing and file explorer, which are tiny).

P

Guest Pille69
Removing these things - part of the core - probably isn't wise or really beneficial (particularly internet sharing and file explorer, which are tiny).

P

plz link

plz link

I would love a lighter HJ5 ROM. Is there any way to remove the write/delete protection of the ROM cooked files as is the case with most other custom ROMS?

Guest Pille69

Things I removed so far:

1) Digitalframe

2) Podcasts

3) RssReader

4) Shozu

5) TaskSwitcher

6) Samsung Widget

7) Samsung Today 1

8) Samsung Today 2

9) WelcomeCenter

10) WindowsLive

11) NetCF2.0

12) Main Menu Launcher

Installed

1) NetCF3.5

2) MagicButton

link plz

Guest black-DraGon

hey Paul,

could you plz make an step by step cooking tutorial???

i want to change the language but ia cant... and also i want to create my own rom...

plz. do me a favor and do something that realy help.

thx so far

Guest helladios

I posted in other threads, and I post again here. As lean as possible. Additionally, I would like to see the "My Documents" folder moved out of the phone memory, into the card. The Internet cache files, history, etc. should also reside elsewhere, i.e., again into the card. I would also like to see just ONE place for all the pictures saved. If we need an additional folder for some reason or other, we can make one ourselves.

This would be the minimum, leanest Windows Mobile ROM ever!

The argument that "clean and lean is one thing for some and another for the rest, does not hold much water. Lean is lean... minimal! And, why could there not be two ROMs? A minimal one and another... etc etc.

(I think that if nobody wants to do it, I should do it myself... but there is no reason to interfere with the excellent work which is done here by all the people.)

Guest fattman

Things I removed so far:

1) Digitalframe

2) Podcasts

3) RssReader

4) Shozu

5) TaskSwitcher

6) Samsung Widget

7) Samsung Today 1

8) Samsung Today 2

9) WelcomeCenter

10) WindowsLive

11) NetCF2.0

12) Main Menu Launcher

Installed

1) NetCF3.5

2) MagicButton

Is possible to have thelink to this ROM?

thanks a lot

Guest Apo11on
As you can see here...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=925345

...we can now cook custom ROMs (many thanks to all who helped us get to this point).

The question is, what do we want in / out? :lol:

Paul...on behalf of *all* US users, who got screwed with no 3G because of locked UMTS 850/1900 frequencies in the firmware I would like to say I'd give my right hand to have a cooked ROM where those radio frequencies are unlocked in the firmware. We know for a fact the i900's radio supports those frequencies and the existing antenna in i900 *does cover the 1800-2100Mhz UMTS range.

We're sick with those rumors about AT&T's Mirage, Epix and all the other blown up dreams that turned out to be just rumors.

This thing is the only one for us that prevents from declaring Omnia is the best smartphone on the planet, which owns iPhone 3G in pretty much every possible way (besides OS performance maybe). So, if you, or Passoa or anybody else can have that radio unlocked

- I'm fairly certain this devices will own the market in US, before it actual comes to US. Please - help us if you can!

Guest skownex

Regarding the previos post, a chopped right hand is a strong appeal to any ROM genious unleash the 850/900 3G power of OMNIA, but actually I would PAY for that... Please, ROM Gods, manage the zeros and ones from OMNIA to trespass the last frontier!!! Thank you very much in advance... It would hit the Americas harder than the current market crisis! Bye! :lol:

Guest Compuse

Out:

Bubble Breaker

Digital Frame

Streaming player

Video Editor

Windows Live

DivX VOD Registration

Customer Feedback

Google Maps

In:

Softreset Button

Muispointer Button

FlashLite 3.1+ (or Standaard tcmp+flashfideobundle+ac3+a26x something something )

Pocket Knife

Coffeemachine

:lol:

Edited by Compuse