Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Will fix in next version...

P

When will it be ready? I just flashed my wife's omnia with MRC02. She occasionally uses bluetooth and I don't want to incur her wrath. LOL.

Guest FutureDirt
When will it be ready? I just flashed my wife's omnia with MRC02. She occasionally uses bluetooth and I don't want to incur her wrath. LOL.

Dont rush the man! :lol:

There is an app for check updates for this rom. Is it check the new formware too?

Is it possible to upgrade firmware without pc, I mean it downloads to the phone, and there is a FirmwareUpdate.exe app in the windows directory that makes the process.

Guest kensong

Paul, I think you cannot remove irda files as the Omnia uses bluetooth to "beam" and I think these files are needed, that is why it is in the original ROM though Samsung obviously knew it is withour irda physically.

Guest markkohfm
There is an app for check updates for this rom. Is it check the new formware too?

Is it possible to upgrade firmware without pc, I mean it downloads to the phone, and there is a FirmwareUpdate.exe app in the windows directory that makes the process.

Yupz it will check for new updates for a list of applications that are compatible with the AppToDate. It can also download updates if it is compatible with the upgrade, however for firmware, it will just prompt you of an upgrade available.

Guest fubuman_05

hi paul...

nice work... :lol: but i have a little question...

It is difficult integrate the german speakfile? if not can you cook a nice small german version please? :D

I'm sure the German user would be grateful!

Edited by fubuman_05

Guest thegoodly

ok not sure if its been posted before, but been using the custom rom now for a few days, and over all brilliant! the only issue i have is that sometimes certain apps 'hang' ie. take forever to load. then i get an error message, then the app will work fine. the 2 instants this has happend are opening messaging, (from start menu, and main menu) and phonebook. (again from start and main). seems to only happen ocasionally!. maybe its device specific? has anyone alse had this happen?

anyway, keep up the good work.

col

Guest sandyg86
MCR02-1.jpgMCR02-2.jpg

So the work continutes on my custom Omnia ROMs, which will show in 'Version' with version numbers starting MCR (= MoDaCo Custom ROM)...

This is the second custom ROM, based on DTHJ6.

Changes from stock DTHJ6:

- Removed Windows Update

- Removed Welcome Center

- Removed MS Sample Music

- Removed .net CF 2.0

- Removed Chinese fonts (sunfon.ac3)

- Removed SilverInbox

- Removed Shozu (available in CAB form here)

- Removed IRDA files

- Added .net CF 3.5

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Batti 2.4

- Re-added scientific powercalc

- Optimised Samsung applications

- Optimised OneNote

- Optimised Office

- Optimised Other Core applications

- Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02)

- Added MoDaCo to default RSS feeds

- Added MoDaCo WinMo Week to default Podcasts

- Scientific calculator is back in

For NEXT version:

- Performance enhancements

- OmniaSUITE (OmniaSIP v3 and OmniaTHREAD)

- Extract Opera to CAB file

Known issues:

None as yet :D

Update format:

- Executable for Windows XP... ensure you have the Samsung Modem Driver installed before use!

Included:

- DXHJ6/MCR02 PDA / CSC

- XXHJ1 Radio

Stats after fresh boot:

Storage Memory: 105.03MB total, 72.88MB free

Program Memory: 97.27MB, 61.41 free

Feedback welcome :lol:

I know lots of people are waiting for a 'clean ROM', but I'm not sure there's a huge amount of benefit. I removed Shozu as it was running at boot, most of the other stuff just sits there until you need it... and we're not exactly short of space are we? ;)

Hats off to everyone who made this possible, secany, mrtoto, the PDAMobiz peeps and anyone else i've left out :o

P

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyhtmwthyy

Hi Paul...I have just downloaded this rom and want you to clarify a couple of things for me as I am very much a noob...

1. Do I just connect my phone and once found hit start?

2. Should sim be in or out of the phone.

Anything else you might think I should know or do before I start. This is a first for me...... I'm having cold sweats just thinking about it...lol

backup your data from Storage Memory if any like music or pictures or phone book, SIM card just leave it inside no problem there and then soft reset your device and after turn it off and then your ready to push the START button :lol: and just wait till it's done.

Good Luck

hey paul! first: great work!!!

2nd :lol: :

would it be possible to make following changes in your next version? (ideas stolen from LTE01)

Remove:

- Samsung Today 1

- Samsung Today 2

- Samsung Widget

- Samsung Main Menu / Launcher

- DigitalFrame

- FlashLite2

Add:

- HTCSensor .dlls

- FlashLite3.1

hey paul! first: great work!!!

2nd :lol: :

would it be possible to make following changes in your next version? (ideas stolen from LTE01)

Remove:

- Samsung Today 1

- Samsung Today 2

- Samsung Widget

- Samsung Main Menu / Launcher

- DigitalFrame

- FlashLite2

Add:

- HTCSensor .dlls

- FlashLite3.1

Shouldn't you be looking at PaSSoA's rom??

Not removing Samsung stuff (I use it), I could add HTC Sensor DLLs, but FL3.1 doesn't coexist with the Samsung Widget Today screen.

P

How about removing Remote Desktop Mobile and Batti? Wise Bar Lite and Pocket Controller Pro don't like them :lol:

Edited by 1Mack

Shouldn't you be looking at PaSSoA's rom??

:lol: you're right. but i'm doing!

the question is... who is faster, paul or passoa? :D

=> another vote for the slim rom with nothing included. all in cabs. OR a cookbook! ;)

did anybody have sucess in getting Samsung Chinese SIP to work on Paul's

MCR1 or MCR2 ROMs?

btw Samsung SIP's xt9 didn't work while i'm typing this.

oops! forgot to say i'm typing thos in

Opera 9.5 beta

There are problems with OEM keyboards with the Beta versions, also Activex/javascript is not activated.