Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Dear Paul,

Is it possible to rebuild your rom with working bluetooth? Could you give me an advice to make the bluetooth working in your rom? I can rebuild rom easily, just i dont know what is the problem with bt.

Thans!

Hi guys,

As one of our friends said I'm using I have a problem with bluetooth too, my rom is DTHJ6/MCR02.

I also live some crashes on programs wile I'm opening them as navigation, but when I do soft reset everything becomes normal. So, would someone suggest me much more rom to me please?

MCR03 based on DTHJ9 will be out tomorrow... :lol:

P

Wanderfull, I will be fallowing the topic to read comments about this but I would like to lean if BT problem was solved via that?

Edited by sucuk

Guest Junoman
MCR03 based on DTHJ9 will be out tomorrow... :lol:

P

Hi Paul,

Can we expect an improved ROM to support GPS (specially for TT7)?

According to my personnel experince there is a conflict identifing GPS signal after using WIFI!! So if I need to use TT7 after using wifi, I always need to re-start the phone at every time. Because it could be ecognised the GPS signal. I did experince with difficult for these DXHI1, DXHI3, DXHJ1 & DXHJ5.

I hope this will help you to come with some improved ROM!! Your all efforts are apprecitaed with BIG in advance thanks!

J

Guest mementomori
MCR02-1.jpgMCR02-2.jpg

So the work continutes on my custom Omnia ROMs, which will show in 'Version' with version numbers starting MCR (= MoDaCo Custom ROM)...

This is the second custom ROM, based on DTHJ6.

Changes from stock DTHJ6:

- Removed Windows Update

- Removed Welcome Center

- Removed MS Sample Music

- Removed .net CF 2.0

- Removed Chinese fonts (sunfon.ac3)

- Removed SilverInbox

- Removed Shozu (available in CAB form here)

- Removed IRDA files

- Added .net CF 3.5

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Batti 2.4

- Re-added scientific powercalc

- Optimised Samsung applications

- Optimised OneNote

- Optimised Office

- Optimised Other Core applications

- Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02)

- Added MoDaCo to default RSS feeds

- Added MoDaCo WinMo Week to default Podcasts

- Scientific calculator is back in

For NEXT version:

- Performance enhancements

- OmniaSUITE (OmniaSIP v3 and OmniaTHREAD)

- Extract Opera to CAB file

Known issues:

None as yet :D

Update format:

- Executable for Windows XP... ensure you have the Samsung Modem Driver installed before use!

Included:

- DXHJ6/MCR02 PDA / CSC

- XXHJ1 Radio

Stats after fresh boot:

Storage Memory: 105.03MB total, 72.88MB free

Program Memory: 97.27MB, 61.41 free

Feedback welcome :lol:

I know lots of people are waiting for a 'clean ROM', but I'm not sure there's a huge amount of benefit. I removed Shozu as it was running at boot, most of the other stuff just sits there until you need it... and we're not exactly short of space are we? ;)

Hats off to everyone who made this possible, secany, mrtoto, the PDAMobiz peeps and anyone else i've left out :o

P

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyhtmwthyy

Tnx paul for this nice rom. i tried it and it works pretty good. The only problem i find sofar is the batterylife. For example: i fully recharged it this morning. after listening for half an hour to the touchplayer i was already at 80%. Then i fiddled around a bit with some settings and it dropped to 20%. Yesterday using tomtom without carcharger it took about 1 hour and 20 minutes for the battery to be completely drained. In my experience the battery life was better with the J1 version (my previous rom).

The space you created in the storage memory is great. i installed

spb shell

skinchanger

tmcp

pocketinformant

spb time

spb finance

spb wallet

G-remote

powersms

intellisync

and maybe i forgot some.. but still almost 40 mb left.. great since the original rom left only about 10 to 20 mb.

tnx

Guest Junoman
Nearly ready peeps, just doing the last few bits of testing! :-)

P

Hi Paul,

Can we expect an improved ROM to support GPS (specially for TT7)?

According to my personnel experience there is a conflict identifing GPS signal after using WIFI!! So if I need to use TT7 after using wifi, I always need to re-start the phone at every time. Because it could be ecognised the GPS signal. I did experince with difficult for these DXHI1, DXHI3, DTHJ1 & DTHJ5.

I hope this will help you to come with some improved ROM!! Your all efforts are apprecitaed with BIG in advance thanks!

J

Guest Paul (MVP)

New version online in first post.

I think this will probably me my last Omnia custom ROM, as I am likely going to have to sell my Omnia to fund a Touch HD purchase.

I'm proud to have been there right at the start of the ROM cooking on Omnia revolution and know there are now other very capable members who have taken up the mantle.

I have included the Donate app in ROM this time, so if anyone wants to donate using that or by clicking here then I may consider providing future updates as / when new base ROMs surface, but don't feel obliged to!

P

Thanks for your hard work Paul. I hope you will reconsider and create more roms as I prefer your style of not removing the Samsung customisations and just removing superfluous programs - at least one more when PIE6 and Flash lite 3.xx is released by Samsung, hopefully. Thanks again.