Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Magpie2000k

So Gang...

I like many have benefitted from Pauls work.

From what I can tell he would continue if he had the device. How much would that cost us each to chip in and buy him one he can sell his to fund his new phone, but is there a core of people who would chip in probably a mere couple of pounds or dollars each

Just a thought anyway Paul Thanks for your work and hope you can continue some how

Guest Paul (MVP)

I left Batti out this time (as it seems to confuse people!), and included sunfon.ac3 for chinese support as requested and left SilverInbox in (albeit optimised!)

P

Thank you for your hard work Paul think I'm going to donate little bit for your work since I respect it highly :lol:

Edited by dede99

Guest bobobird
This is the third custom ROM, based on DTHJ9.

Changes from stock DTHJ9:

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Donate

Great rom I am sure and a lot of work must have gone into it....

Not a fan of the first 2 but on the third one idea - Advertisements. Say in the start screen etc. There should be some interested parties prepared to pay for that ??

And saw your earlier post about Touch HD, are you sure ?? it is heavy...

Edited by bobobird

Guest David Cher
just flashed!! brilliant..

the screen sensativity on this one is the best yet! noticed it right away!

paul thanks for all your hard work... :lol:

what about power consumption ? did it improve?

Guest thegoodly
what about power consumption ? did it improve?

yes, far to early to say,

as always after a flash, you have to install apps, change settings etc which drains battery, so wont be able to tell until the next charge!

but i cant see how it could improve that dramaticly over the previous anyway, as i have found all since HJ1 to be pretty similar.

Hi Paul,

Flashed this HJ9 cooked by you 1 hr ago.

I am very sad to tell you that there is still intermittent "gwes.exe" crash error..... Same as the previous version.

I used the lite rom and uncooked rom and never have this problem. Could it be something went wrong when you optimised the apps?

:-(

Guest prelude

Hi Paul,

Anyway for you to post the vanila HJ9 without stripping anything off or adding anything in?

Many thanks.

Edited by prelude

Hi Paul,

Flashed this HJ9 cooked by you 1 hr ago.

I am very sad to tell you that there is still intermittent "gwes.exe" crash error..... Same as the previous version.

I used the lite ROM and uncooked ROM and never have this problem. Could it be something went wrong when you optimised the apps?

:-(

Same problem here and without installing any additional apps ;) :D :lol: .

Hi Paul,

Anyway for you to post the vanila HJ9 without stripping anything off or adding anything in?

Many thanks.

Nope but Secany may upload i900XXHK1 :lol:

Guest pdaphonemaster
Hi Paul,

Many thanks.

I second that! Could you make the HJ9 avaiable as is (the files you received from secany) without any modification?

Sad to hear that you will soon be separated from Omnia.

New version online in first post.

I think this will probably me my last Omnia custom ROM, as I am likely going to have to sell my Omnia to fund a Touch HD purchase.

I'm proud to have been there right at the start of the ROM cooking on Omnia revolution and know there are now other very capable members who have taken up the mantle.

I have included the Donate app in ROM this time, so if anyone wants to donate using that or by clicking here then I may consider providing future updates as / when new base ROMs surface, but don't feel obliged to!

P

It is sad to see you leaving Paul but i wish you good luck with Touch HD :lol:. I hope you can come once and a while here for some updates. :D

New version online in first post.

I think this will probably me my last Omnia custom ROM, as I am likely going to have to sell my Omnia to fund a Touch HD purchase.

I'm proud to have been there right at the start of the ROM cooking on Omnia revolution and know there are now other very capable members who have taken up the mantle.

I have included the Donate app in ROM this time, so if anyone wants to donate using that or by clicking here then I may consider providing future updates as / when new base ROMs surface, but don't feel obliged to!

P

Thanks for the wonderful job once again, Paul!

Perhaps, as an encore, you could post a small step-by-step manual (or topic) on how you have cooked this ROM? Perhaps more people, including myself :lol: , can then try it for themselves?

Regards,

Peter

Guest Michael122w
Many thanks to 1Mack for his generous donation!

Roll on HK1... :D

P

Thanks Paul - another great rom. Sad to hear your thinking of leaving us for the Touch HD (though the 3.8 vga screen does look nice....)

Biggest change to HJ9 is the background in the samsung Main Menu changes to align with your wall paper! Finally!!! :lol: Touch sensitivity is pretty close to perfect now. Now they just need to release a more flexible widget app on Flashlite 3.5 and fix the Touch Player's album view and I will be happy.

Guest thegoodly
Thanks Paul - another great rom. Sad to hear your thinking of leaving us for the Touch HD (though the 3.8 vga screen does look nice....)

Biggest change to HJ9 is the background in the samsung Main Menu changes to align with your wall paper! Finally!!! :lol: Touch sensitivity is pretty close to perfect now. Now they just need to release a more flexible widget app on Flashlite 3.5 and fix the Touch Player's album view and I will be happy.

the background in main menu appeared in the previous rom, so not new to HJ9! the only differance ive noticed is screen sensativity.