Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

sorry, that i have to say following:

with this rom, a had to reset as often as with no other rom, altough i use it just for a few hours.

it's more unstable than MCR02. don't know why.

my installed apps and settings are exactly the same like last time with "older" rom.

e.g. when i'm using opera, i want to type (in this case a login), i type my nick and want to focus the pass input, input panel closes but the bar at the bottom is still there and i can't scroll. it does select the text, altough text selection is off. i tried to click on the "show input panel"-button bot happens nothing.

do you imagine why, paul?

Guest David Cher
I would imagine bit early to say!

P

would u be able to help to have a cooked rom for the new HJ1 rom ?

Edited by David Cher

I Like this ROM so much even if i'm from china.........

BUT what are those that are added mean?

I don't know what is donate\APP TO DATE......

and can u REMOVE FLASH LITE 2.1 THAT prevents us to install flah 3.1 so as to view movies at yOutube?

Or can you add FLASH 3.1 INSTEAD OF 2.1 NEXT TIME?

I hate FLASH 2.1 THAT is in the rom............

Guest mobilehappy
I Like this ROM so much even if i'm from china.........

BUT what are those that are added mean?

I don't know what is donate\APP TO DATE......

and can u REMOVE FLASH LITE 2.1 THAT prevents us to install flah 3.1 so as to view movies at yOutube?

Or can you add FLASH 3.1 INSTEAD OF 2.1 NEXT TIME?

I hate FLASH 2.1 THAT is in the rom............

Donate = Give a money gift to the people who have made this custom ROM

App To Date = Check that you have the latest version of certain programs including ROM Version

Flashlite 2.1 is still included because without it the Samsung Widgets do not work. (They do not work with Flashlite 3.1)

There are 2 other Custom ROM's available with Flashlite 3.1 , this and this , but they do not have the Samsung Widgets ofcourse.

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest manueldg

Hi, I was following all roms one month ago. And I have some questions that nobody could answer.

- Omnia battery is strange... With my initial rom (08 may) I could use my phone 2-3 days without problem. But... that rom was veryyy slow.

- Last cooked roms are veryyy fast, good. But I can not use phone more than one day (12-16 hours more or less) and without intensive use. Why??? I noticed that when I use wifi, at 5-10 minutes bottom part of back is very hot, I suposse that the wifi chipset use a lot of power (only in heat disipattion...). On the other hand, when I open Task Manager and view processes (with no task running), I see a lot of processes (more that 15-20) that they are running background and I can not finish them. I suposse that they are using cpu (more or less, but something) then they are wasting power.

- In the GUI chapter, the screen is very "hard", it is needed press too strong to get that device receive input (without protector, I do not want imagine when I need use one). On the other hand, I only get vibration on ALL touchs with initial rom. In another roms that I tested only work in samsung apps (included keyboard). Why?? (for example, before, when I put my SIM code, I received vibrations with each key, now no)

One aprecciation, in your last cooked rom that I tested (hj6) I noticed that I lost wifi often. Could be possible? (It is only an impression)

Another last (less important) question, could be possible mix your cooked roms with parts of spanish roms to get a cooked (improved) rom in spanish?

One curiosity: in ebay are selling batterys for omnia, but Li-Ion (original) and Li-Polymer!!!! How could this possible?? Li-Po are very dangerous and require a very complex charge and discharge cycles. Omnia is prepared to work with both types of batteries? (charge in current and voltage, and discharge until a voltage level) Anybody has any experience in that?

Are there any solution to this questions?

Thank you very much

Best regards

PS.- CONGRATULATIONS for your great job PAUL!!!!!

Edited by manueldg

Guest midimal
Not removing Samsung stuff (I use it), I could add HTC Sensor DLLs, but FL3.1 doesn't coexist with the Samsung Widget Today screen.

P

Hi Paul!

THX for cooking tasty ROM B)

I like your ROM because u didnt remove Samsung stuff like widgets and so so! cool.

But ....what would be cool .... to remove all the bad sounding Samsung MP3s (i think only 2-3 are nice the rest is ttl bulls....t) We could win about 5MB of space

But - removing is not enough .- u need also to edit registry and delete data for the removed MP3s (if not u will get entries in ALARM-APPL but no sound- ALARM reads registry)

The standard is

Found target string in: data

Path:

HKCU\\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtones

REG_MULTI_SZ

Data:

Samsung Tune .mp3|Classic Bell .mp3|Serene tone2 .mp3|Millenium .mp3|Gliter tone .mp3|Charming Intro tone .mp3|Tumble Tone .mp3|Chiming tone .mp3|Spanish Guitar .mp3|Sunny day .mp3|Techno dance .mp3|Vivid street .mp3|Maze of city .mp3|Highway 101 .mp3|City light .mp3|Bugs' song .mp3|All Techie .mp3|1960's .mp3|Look Back .mp3|Wind tone .mp3|

Just remove the Data (if u leave 2-3MP3s they must be separated by | )

I would say kill all MP3s everybody can put his own sounds into OwnRingTones folder (is also read by ALARM while starting Application)

Cheers

EDIT I noticed u are going to sell the omnia hmm....

Edited by midimal

Guest anubi1126

aaah poop its bricked just the red power light only

even tho it said job done

replacement coming tomorrow

Edited by anubi1126

Guest Pratik Lalwani

hi everyone!!

i bought samsung omnia, and wanted to update it.

i went to samsung official site. downloaded all modem driver and active sync 4.5 and i900dzhj1 for windows vista.

and everything went ok but on the last file, it says writing 5th file takes 2 minutes please wait. and i kept waiting and thenafter 30 mins or so i restarted as the message still stuck there. and then on my screen only samsung omnia is written and nothing else.

i am badly stuck what should i do. please help

i did tried again and again 3 times but after the 5th file, now a error comes, upgrade failed try to do it again or so message comes up.

Any help would be great

thankyou

Guest anubi1126
hi everyone!!

i bought samsung omnia, and wanted to update it.

i went to samsung official site. downloaded all modem driver and active sync 4.5 and i900dzhj1 for windows vista.

and everything went ok but on the last file, it says writing 5th file takes 2 minutes please wait. and i kept waiting and thenafter 30 mins or so i restarted as the message still stuck there. and then on my screen only samsung omnia is written and nothing else.

i am badly stuck what should i do. please help

i did tried again and again 3 times but after the 5th file, now a error comes, upgrade failed try to do it again or so message comes up.

Any help would be great

thankyou

A lot of peeps seem to have probs upgrading on vista can you get hold of a xp pc and do it from there

Guest XtremeMaC

everyone says "optimized this/that program" optimized office

what do u guys mean optimized???

is there a registry trick or something to do those.

can u guys point in the right direction? paul?

Thanks

Guest Motofone
Thanks Paul - another great rom. Sad to hear your thinking of leaving us for the Touch HD (though the 3.8 vga screen does look nice....)

Biggest change to HJ9 is the background in the samsung Main Menu changes to align with your wall paper! Finally!!! B) Touch sensitivity is pretty close to perfect now. Now they just need to release a more flexible widget app on Flashlite 3.5 and fix the Touch Player's album view and I will be happy.

Hi,

I am on HJ9 but have not got background effect in main menu...mine still remains white..

Hmmm do I need to set something?

Please could you enlighten me as to how this works.

Thanks

motofone

Edited by Motofone

Guest Motofone

Message for Paul,

Or maybe someone can help?....

I have installed MCR03 some days ago but have still got the Batti bar at the topof the screen

It is fuctioning and is yellowish in colour.

I have been through all programs, regedt and removed all batti but bar still remains.

As you said you did not install it in this rom I was wondering how the bar is still there?

....... B)

Edited by Motofone

Guest blearsy

Hi I flashed the latest ROM last week no problems until someone tried to Bluetooth me a file today and it just comes up cannot connect on the other phone. Tried with a couple of diffrent phones....Any ideas?

Edited by blearsy

Guest juvaknin
Hi I flashed the latest ROM last week no problems until someone tried to Bluetooth me a file today and it just comes up cannot connect on the other phone. Tried with a couple of diffrent phones....Any ideas?

i'll wait for answers about this problem.. i'm affraid to install DTHJ9-MCR03, i must have the file transfer via bluetooth working well...

guys and Paul, i have the J1 ROM.. you think i should try this DTHJ9-MCR03 ROM? or it's not enough reasons to make that change?

anyway thanks for Paul for this Great Job!!! B)

Guest juvaknin

well.. now i get always the same Error..

i read all over the net and wasn't able to fix my problem.. neeeeddd HELP!

it's always counting numbers and saying Error PhoneUSB Detect Failed...

i know many guys here had this problem... how i can fix it?!? (yes and i have the triangle phone icon on start...)

Hi, Paul

The lite Rom really mean a lot for us.

For one, some plugin for today is better stored in main memory so that will be more responsive and more stable.

For another, those samsung application or Remote desktop Mobile are not used by everyone everyday. So, probably, it can be installed to CF or storage...

Thx