Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shokka9
I don't have my Omnia back yet, but does anyone want a new ROM based on DXHK1 with my usual tweaks?

P

Paul..

That would be a treat and a half. I don't get paid til next week, so i cant make donation to Secany or PaSSoA or YOU. I will be making donations when i get paid, not much, but it will be every month anyway.

All your work has benefitted me and held my interest in this Omnia. I am on here everyday, waiting for HK ROM. I enjoy flashing it (quite often) and cannot wait for new ROM.

I knew you would have it off Secany. You do your work and let me know please. I would so appreciate your ROM. I do prefer the lighter ROMs, like PaSSoA & Dr Dot's but beggars can't be choosers can they?

Can i ask you question Paul?

I would like to cook my own ROM, i understand that you can test in PC, but is it essential to test on device (to be honest, dumb question). I obviously don't want to brick my one and only Omnia. Is there anything specific program wise to test ROMs?

Also, i too wish to get HTC Touch HD, but would have to sacrifice the Omnia to fund it. The HTC looks great.

Let me know about HK ROM. I am trawling the NET to see if i can get HK anywhere else. I so wish i could donate to get the ROM earlier. However, i do not wish to have standard ROM, prefer ROMs that have been on a diet.

Guest Motofone
I don't have my Omnia back yet, but does anyone want a new ROM based on DXHK1 with my usual tweaks?

P

Paul you are the man.....

Have only stayed with your roms as they are most usable and bug free..

Would be most appreciated.

Cheers.... B)

Guest rigor.m

Flashed this ROM a week ago and I must say I am so happy with it : more than double the battery life (coming from HI3/HH9), better screen sensitivity, better speed, bug free... 

I would recommend this ROM to anybody, as the install was really smooth and straightforward .

Guest Tylwith

Hello,

thanks for your work and this custom firmware.

i have installed it and it's seems to work well so far but impossible to activate the flashlight using the volume button and didn't find any other way to activate it.

did some other people got the same issue ?

Thanks

Guest Compuse

P

You even got to ask?

Can't wait to start brick ... erw .. flashing my omnia with your new rom!

(still using your older one, only issue is the late wake up response but that just happened after several weeks of abuse)

Guest rigor.m
Hello,

thanks for your work and this custom firmware.

i have installed it and it's seems to work well so far but impossible to activate the flashlight using the volume button and didn't find any other way to activate it.

did some other people got the same issue ?

Thanks

Flashlight working for me ... Chech if volume button (down) is assigned to flashlight (control panel-buttons) and that you are on the home screen when you try to use it ( I'm using Samsung Today 2 ).

Please, help me!

Witch file(s) should i change in my HK1 extracted rom to make the operator change error (that is deleted all the setting after i changed like mms, wap, JAguar internet)?

Guest sleazee

Upgrading Right Now....

I can feel a tension in the air..

This is the first time i ever touch my omnia like this.

But i trust in you. lol

Time is long while waiting!

OK!!!! B)

Everything seems to be working!

Thanxxxxx MoDaCo

P

Yes please! B) Never thought I would but after a couple of weeks with the M2D ROM installed, I'm finding myself wishing I'd stuck with the Samsung Today. Sure M2D looks nice but I find it less useful than Samsung Today and tend to find myself digging through the Start Menu a lot more than I did before.

Guest bobobird

P

sure worth trying.

and of course you will get that warm fuzzy feeling from all the good vibes coming your way, which i can assure you counts for something in this messed up money crazy world we live in.

Guest Alex Alex Alex
Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this ROM, please consider donating to support future developments.

P

very much so. I continue to use this cooked rom because it's one of the few that doesn't remove Samsung Today which I actually find quite good.

Guest thegoodly

this is the rom i have used for the longest period of time, {since it was first uploaded}.

the next time i flash, it will be pauls next custom rom, brilliant work! bring it on. when can we expect it? its been so long.........

col

Guest meabigbaldguy

P

A new customized ROM from you would be most welcome! I am using MCR03 and it is working very well for me.

Guest ttomi78

Hi guys....

I upgraded my Omnia's ROM according to the official website to MSHJ1 (based on my oroginal version and the origin of the phone which is UK the MS version was offered by the official samsiung site)...just want to ask what is the difference between MSHJ1 and DXHJ1 (have heard god responses about this one) or any other version. Is there any risk to upgrade to the DX version instead of the MS version?

Thanks

mcr031.jpgmcr032.jpg

So the work continutes on my custom Omnia ROMs, which will show in 'Version' with version numbers starting MCR (= MoDaCo Custom ROM)...

This is the third custom ROM, based on DTHJ9.

Changes from stock DTHJ9:

- Removed Windows Update

- Removed Welcome Center

- Removed MS Sample Music

- Removed .net CF 2.0

- Removed Shozu

- Added .net CF 3.5

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Donate

- Optimised Samsung applications

- Optimised OneNote

- Optimised Office

- Optimised Other Core applications

- Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 3 = MCR03)

- Added MoDaCo to default RSS feeds

- Added MoDaCo WinMo Week to default Podcasts

- Scientific calculator is back in

Known issues:

None as yet :)

Update format:

- Executable for Windows XP... ensure you have the Samsung Modem Driver installed before use!

Included:

- DXHJ9/MCR03 PDA / CSC

- XXHJ1 Radio

Stats after fresh boot:

Storage Memory: 102.02MB total, 68.18MB free

Program Memory: 97.27MB, 59.09 free

Feedback welcome :rolleyes:

I know lots of people are waiting for a 'clean ROM', but I'm not sure there's a huge amount of benefit. I removed Shozu as it was running at boot, most of the other stuff just sits there until you need it... and we're not exactly short of space are we? :(

Hats off to everyone who made this possible, secany, mrtoto, the PDAMobiz peeps and anyone else i've left out :(

Please check out this post for more info...

If you use this ROM, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks, applications and ROMs in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzb22mmxnb2

I just bought my samsung Omnia and live in the USA i purchased it 12-10-08

I just wanted to know if the Modaco Custom Rom is the same or better and higher performance than the stock ROM

that is in my Omnia right now...

My Device info:

ROM Version ---- S:i910.10 V.BJ28.2027

Modem Version ---- S:i910.10 V.BJ18

H/W Version ---- S:i910.10 V.Q

PRL Version ---- P:51143 E:00004

and if anyone knows of a higher performance update available than the one I have for my to download and a link for I would appreciate

Thank You.

Guest meabigbaldguy
I just bought my samsung Omnia and live in the USA i purchased it 12-10-08

I just wanted to know if the Modaco Custom Rom is the same or better and higher performance than the stock ROM

that is in my Omnia right now...

My Device info:

ROM Version ---- S:i910.10 V.BJ28.2027

Modem Version ---- S:i910.10 V.BJ18

H/W Version ---- S:i910.10 V.Q

PRL Version ---- P:51143 E:00004

and if anyone knows of a higher performance update available than the one I have for my to download and a link for I would appreciate

Thank You.

Other people on this forum may want to clarify, but I don't think that this custom ROM is compatible with your i910, which I believe is only branded for US providers such as Verizon. These forum ROMs are for the i900 European and Asian Omnias.

To answer your other question, the custom ROMS, may provide better performance than a stock ROM, but I observe that the biggest and noticeable difference are the applications that are included within the ROM. For example, this MCR03 ROM, which I also use, includes most of the original Samsung stuff, but Paul has omitted most of the stuff that no one will ever use anyway.

I've seen posts for the i910 on this forum so I would recommend that you search those. I'm sure that you'll find some helpful info there.

Anyone else care to clarify?

Guest sid0101

I have been using this Rom since it was released and never had a problem.

But, then I saw Taril's rom, and I loved the idea to using Samsung Widgets AND Flash 3.1

Using a newer base, like HK1 or HK3....or maybe even HL2 one day

Here's hoping for Paul

:rolleyes: :) :( :( :D