Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 3shirts

I'd like to try this out but am worried about losing all my stuff. If I do a Sprite backup on my current (DXHJ1) ROM and then install yours, will a restore work or go freaky deaky?

Guest helladios

New to this forum, old on phones. I already updated to DXHJ1. No problems. I am one for simplicity and freedom of choice, therefore, I would also favour a "clean" ROM, without anything except the essentials for the phone to work (i.e. receive and make calls, receive and send SMS and MMS, connect to the Internet). I cook my PC's Windows in this way and for the last 10 years I never had a problem. Transparency, is the word - that you, the user, are responsible for the programs you install, and that you, the user, know what is going on where. However, I am grateful for what I find in this threat, everyone should appreciate the (very) hard work that is necessary to produce what is presented here. Thank you!

Guest famonaco
hi paul,

there's a bug in this rom, the morning alarm don't ring, in all roms yes in your's no ;)

thx again for your excellent work :lol:

i have tried also con third part sw like klaxon but nothing new :o

don't ring :D

Guest stuzathegreat

Hey Guys

does this get rid of the "Sleep of death" issue? I'm currently getting this, all-be-it, a reduced rate on my DXHI3 rom by turning off most alerts/vibrations/flashings etc.

Guest saznpins

No S.O.D. oooooh! That is really my only bugaboo with this device.

Wish I had brought my data cable to work today so that I could flash it right now! But as soon as I get home and get the kids to bed I'll be flashing it... thank you so much for all your hard work and support for the Omnia and it's community of users, Paul :lol:

Guest skypekestutis

Hi,

First I installed the Paul J5 Rom later I Installed DTHJ5-MCR01 :D

And I got some problems: :lol:

1) Looks Yesterday everything works all right I done applications update which has been installed by modaco “Bati update & application update.”

2) But this morning the alarms does not works second time the first time looks ok but not replayed again Because I got 2 alarms settings.

3) When I use TomTom and press close the TomTom icons show up like still active on the main screen and when I tray to press start nothing works ?? So I press Power button once and again Then the phone become live The icon of TomTom disappear and I can use the phone again ????

4) The phone screen after the sleep mode does not show up only reset helps?????

Verdict

When I closing programs like TomTom or alarm and coming back to main screen omnia stop working "Any press on screen not working like freeze" just only helps power button twice

I don’t know but maybe the update application made something wrong?? Because look from the beginning all OK

Thank you

Edited by skypekestutis

Guest stuzathegreat
I have not had a single S.O.D...

P

WOW ... very tempting! Just one question though, do you use all the alerts available to you (or a good selection of)? How long have you been using this rom?

I ask because its a device.exe issue and the more calls you put through device.exe the more chance of it happening - which is why i turned off vibrate, flashing light etc and its been more "stable".

Edited by stuzathegreat

Guest GSeeker2

Hi Paul, i think i've found the first bug on DTHJ5-MCR01.

There is a contact shortcut icon on Samsung Today2.(yes, the little blue man icon)

You can add your contact shortcuts there, and you can also slide down & up to browse the shortcuts.

But the problem is you can only slide DOWN, and then you can't slide UP, you will be stuck there.

Will you check it out? Thanks!

Guest Ericmky
Suggestion

- remove Samsung Widget

- remove Opera (newer version is available and should be installed on the 16 memory)

- remove Google launcher

- remove Help

- remove Taskswitcher

- remove All unnecessary languages

- remove Omnia Thread & Omnia SIP

- add a proper taskmanager (as example tkman)

- add Registry editor

- add FlashLite 3.1

- add Touch Diamond 2D UI (Optional)

- Fix Messaging. Omnia make no difference between sms,email and mms. If you insert a picture, the omnia turns automatic into email and mms mode. So the UI for all types of messages are the same.

- Bug: The Incoming SMS tones does not play after the phone is used for a while.

- Bug: Resco Keyboard Pro 5.11 doesn't work properly

in my case resco keyboard 5.11 works fine...

- Bug: The Incoming SMS tones does not play after the phone is used for a while.

I am still on HI2 and have the same BUG, had the same on HH1 and HH4,

i am having this problem since i use a mp3 as sms tone, i think.

Soft reset, and its working again for a day or 2

I'm waiting for a clean rom, with seperated cabs, hopefully in a sticky thread, to update.

Edited by dono

MCR01-1.jpgMCR01-2.jpg

So the work begins on my custom Omnia ROMs, which will show in 'Version' with version numbers starting MCR (= MoDaCo Custom ROM)...

This is the first proper custom ROM, based on DTHJ5. As such, I only recommend flashing if you want to be a tester and help me refine what's in / out and how it's set up for future ROMs.

Changes from DTHJ5:

- Removed Windows Update

- Removed Welcome Center

- Removed MS Sample Music

- Removed .net CF 2.0

- Removed Chinese fonts (sunfon.ac3)

- Removed SilverInbox

- Removed Shozu

- Added .net CF 3.5

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Batti 2.4

- Optimised Samsung applications

- Optimised OneNote

- Optimised Office

- Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 1 = MCR01)

For NEXT version:

- Re-add scientific calculator

- Add MoDaCo to default RSS list

- Performance enhancements

- OmniaSUITE (OmniaSIP v3 and OmniaTHREAD)

Known issues:

None as yet :D

Update format:

- Executable for Windows XP... ensure you have the Samsung Modem Driver installed before use!

Included:

- DXHJ5/MCR01 PDA / CSC

- XXHJ1 Radio

Stats after fresh boot:

Storage Memory: 105.03MB total, 72.65MB free

Program Memory: 97.27MB, 57.82 free

Feedback welcome :lol:

I know lots of people are waiting for a 'clean ROM', but I'm not sure there's a huge amount of benefit. I removed Shozu as it was running at boot, most of the other stuff just sits there until you need it... and we're not exactly short of space are we? ;)

Hats off to everyone who made this possible, secany, mrtoto, the PDAMobiz peeps and anyone else i've left out :o

P

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4zelynmtxzt

The problem is resolved with the delivery report of SMS & MMS witch is showing ONLY number and no contact name?

Hello everyone

Can someone please clarify for me if by installing this rom (DTHJ5-MCR01), other then loosing the portuguese language, everything else will be the same? (minus the bugs... hopefully :lol: )

I have versions as follows:

PDA: i900XCHG5/XCHG4

PHONE: I900XXHG5

My Omnia was bought 'unlocked' from any carrier, so I don't have to install any carriers specific ROM (allthough I use Vodafone Portugal)

Can someone confirm if this is the most updated portuguese ROM?

In case this costume ROM from Paul will solve the nagging bugs, I don't care about loosing the portuguese ROm, at all!

Best regards

Luís