Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jibreil

Another BUG found: The SMS tone has stopped working here after a few hours after flashing the ROM. It plays fine from Sounds and Notifications but whenever a SMS arrives, there's no tune,

Guest Pille69
Another BUG found: The SMS tone has stopped working here after a few hours after flashing the ROM. It plays fine from Sounds and Notifications but whenever a SMS arrives, there's no tune,

i think that is a user problem

i installed the rom and all works fine

Guest Geronymous
Not seen this skypekestutis, anyone else? Did you hard reset after install? Does Settings ->System -> Version show MCR01?

P

I also have exactly the same issue when closing TomTom, BUT I have that since I installed DXHI3 (so not before), and I have NOT installed MCR01 yet, so in any case it is not an issue originated at MCR01...

Guest Jibreil
i think that is a user problem

i installed the rom and all works fine

Try disabling Threaded SMS Via Registry and then changing your Today theme to Samsung Theme 1 or 2 rather then the Widget one.

[confirmed

no problem with alarms

checked

I don't have problems eather with Galarm works just like before.

- Bug: Resco Keyboard Pro 5.11 doesn't work properly

I have no issues with Resco Keyboard, what isn't working @ yours.?

+10 (also it would be great to get GPS fixes/enhancements) - its been a nightmare to get TomTom7 working consistently on our Omnias.

Thanks for all your great work Paul

GPS works just fine for iGO all I can say I test it today without GPRS and it worked just like before on the DXHH1 ROM

My day was long and I played little with my Omnia @ work it seems to me the desktop response is slower now maybe someone can confirm this. And also I did have small issues with my bluetouch BT in my working car, it didnt respond @ first time but after all I did get a connection with it. Exept I did get until the phone was paired alot popup massages this was little anoying didn't have that before.

But after all it works fine I think, I'm awating the next version :lol:

Thank you Paul once again :D

Guest skypekestutis

About Tom Tom problem ROM: DTHJ5-MCR01

Settings on OMNIA

Enchached GPS always ON “Data has been updated manually”

External GPS COM2 > COM9 9600 Bits

I just checked again and what I found:

1)If you opening TomTom and close down in 3-6 second its close up all ok none freeze (because at this time none communication with GPS”

2)If trayed to keep TomTom open more then 6 second to communicate with GPS and later when you try to close up its freeze

Today I will tray to record this process and publish the video file.

Later after that I will tray to re flash the software again and will do the hard reset.

[but non update any software “only TomTom” just to check does it same with TomTom on none touch software “

Edited by skypekestutis

Guest stuzathegreat
The problem is resolved with the delivery report of SMS & MMS witch is showing ONLY number and no contact name?

yes, by a third party app. Download the free SMSDRFix (google it)

Guest xteph1973

Hello there,

I hv downloaded and so far ok.

But is tit possible to remove the batty stripe on the today screen? I've tried but so far without any luck.

Thanks,

Xtp

Anyone else has problem to download form this link?

Every time I'm trying to download, it is stuck in the middle with no option to resume.

It just shows me like the file was completely downloaded but the size is very small (few megs) and of course I can not run it.

Guest Geronymous

I'm replying to this post from Secany's thread... it fits better here:

I will look to fix this in my next ROM.

If someone could clarify exactly what the problem is? What happens if you try and use TT without GPSgate? How does GPSgate help? Please elaborate :lol:

By popular request Opera will be a CAB install in the next version (probably online next week).

P

Regarding the TT7 issue without GPSGate/PortSpliter/GPSPlex... I don't know what is causing the issue, but these are the symptoms summarized:

- TT7 gets a GPS signal fine right after soft-resetting (even without GPSGate/PortSpliter/GPSPlex)

- If TT7 is closed and restarted, it seems to get some satellite data, but apparently not enough to get a new fix, or maybe not in the right format, or... in any case, you can wait as much as you want but you will not get a fix

- this seems to happen independently of what port is chosen in the WM GPS settings, and the baud rate

- I also tried the fix given in a recent post that eliminates some debugging files (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-http-i900-modaco-com/274303/quick-gps-fix-without-xtra-enabled/), but even though it seems that the fix is better in other programs, TT7 still has the same problem

- by using an intermediary GPS-forwarding program like GPSGate/PortSpliter/GPSPlex, TT7 works "fine" all the time, without needing a soft-reset before usage.

- with the GPSGate/PortSpliter/GPSPlex solution, there is still a "jump" in coordinates every minute or so

- and in all cases, the clock shown within TT7 jumps up at regular interval (and goes back to normal after a while, to start increasing again)

This problem apparently only happens with TT... GPS Viewers, iGO, Google Maps, etc. all work fine.

I hope I covered everything... feel free to add! But I especially hope there will be a better fix for this :D

Other topic but relevant in this thread: as I don't want to be reinstalling a hundred cabs every time there is an upgrade, I prefer Paul's initial approach to have an "optimized" ROM vs/next to a clean one... as Paul said, there is plenty of room in the Omnia, so no need to skin it to the bone! ;) And I do use TouchPlayer, Media Player, Samsung Today 2, etc. That's one of the things I like about the Omnia (vs my previous Eten): many of the installed applications are very stable and useful, even if they are maybe not the best of the best!

Edited by Geronymous

If I select the built in GPS, TT7 does not reconise it at all.

If I use GPSGate and the NMEA receiver, GPS device is reconised.

IGO8 works perfectly with built in GPS.

Guest eduuuuu

downloading...

for the next ROM,

Suggestions:

Make Omnia Default app, like Main Menu, Phone Dial Pad and omnia's keyboard a little faster.

Maybe trying to lower quality of pictures/icons/etc that compose the menus?

I think they can be very slow when starting, specially with other opened app.

For the touch player, I think there is an important feature missing:

The possibility to slide down/up on the screen right side and display letters on the side, like in Omnia's Main Menu -> Programs

It's a pain #$$ when you have a bunch of songs and you want to get to the bottom list.

And improving screen touch sensitivity would be awesome, if that's possible. I still think some other PDA have better touch sensitivity. (like treo 750, palms, etc).

thank you very much for your work.

Edited by eduuuuu

Well.. It could be me.. But you can't fix application specific issues within a rom any different than we can do now.. So in my opinion, we can only tune the rom but not magically repair all application errors Samsung has left us.. That's why stripping a rom is so important, we can update specific parts ourselves later..

For example the TomTom GPS issue is an issue of TomTom, not the omnia's... Also the touch player.. Do you really think a new rom will also implicate rewriting native applications?? Paul is doing this effort mostly by himself and he cannot repair all quirks that a complete software team have left behind..

Edited by us1111

Guest Alex Alex Alex

on the theme of GPS and TT7 ... I was testing DXHJ1 ROM yesterday and installed TT7 and had no problems getting a GPS (after selecting 'Other NMEA GPS Receiver, Baud 4800, COM3 in the settings of TT7) and with no additional 3rd party programs. However with this custom ROM I can no longer get a signal at all in TT7 :lol:

I'll try rolling back to DXHJ1 at some point today and do some more testing and report back.

/EDIT unfortunately, i got nothing conclusive from this testing and this post should be ignored as i believe th GPS problems are more fundamental and nothing to do with the custom rom.

Edited by Alex Alex Alex

Guest stuzathegreat
I have not had a single S.O.D...

P

Arrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Got SOD last night literaly, 2 minutes after installing it. Having said that, I have not had one overnight or so far today. I have turned all vibrates etc back on so I would of expected it by now but, its an intermittent fault so who knows!

Guest Geronymous
on the theme of GPS and TT7 ... I was testing DXHJ1 ROM yesterday and installed TT7 and had no problems getting a GPS (after selecting 'Other NMEA GPS Receiver, Baud 4800, COM3 in the settings of TT7) and with no additional 3rd party programs. However with this custom ROM I can no longer get a signal at all in TT7 :lol:

I'll try rolling back to DXHJ1 at some point today and do some more testing and report back.

Ok... but are you sure TT7 worked well also after a while (so not only after a soft reset)?

Guest Geronymous
Well.. It could be me.. But you can't fix application specific issues within a rom any different than we can do now.. So in my opinion, we can only tune the rom but not magically repair all application errors Samsung has left us.. That's why stripping a rom is so important, we can update specific parts ourselves later..

For example the TomTom GPS issue is an issue of TomTom, not the omnia's... Also the touch player.. Do you really think a new rom will also implicate rewriting native applications?? Paul is doing this effort mostly by himself and he cannot repair all quirks that a complete software team have left behind..

Fully agree with this... I would be very surprised if the TomTom issue is solved, as it is indeed an issue with TomTom, not the Omnia. The only hope is that apparently TT7 does work straight away with other devices though.

I gave all the details because Paul himself was asking about them...

Edited by Geronymous

Guest markkohfm
Hello there,

I hv downloaded and so far ok.

But is tit possible to remove the batty stripe on the today screen? I've tried but so far without any luck.

Thanks,

Xtp

Just delete the batti startup link from \windows\startup

Guest Alex Alex Alex
Ok... but are you sure TT7 worked well also after a while (so not only after a soft reset)?

not sure, which is why i'm going to test now.

just gone out on our office roof with custom rom, did a soft reset and couldn't get a good enough sat signal to get a fix (Poor GPS Signal message).

Going to flash the rom back now and do the same test.

Guest Alex Alex Alex
not sure, which is why i'm going to test now.

just gone out on our office roof with custom rom, did a soft reset and couldn't get a good enough sat signal to get a fix (Poor GPS Signal message).

Going to flash the rom back now and do the same test.

right, flashed back to DXHJ1 and just installed TT7. Went out onto the roof of our 5 story building, did a soft reset and got a good sat fix in about 10-20 seconds. Currently flashing back to the custom rom and will repeat the exact same steps and walk to the same place on the roof.

I don't know about the long term stability of TT7 on DXHJ1, but the simple fact is I couldn't even get a fix this morning on the custom rom.

Edited by Alex Alex Alex

Guest stuzathegreat
right, flashed back to DXHJ1 and just installed TT7. Went out onto the roof of our 5 story building, did a soft reset and got a good sat fix in about 10-20 seconds. Currently flashing back to the custom rom and will repeat the exact same steps and walk to the same place on the roof.

I don't know about the long term stability of TT7 on DXHJ1, but the simple fact is I couldn't even get a fix this morning on the custom rom.

very interesting. May seem a silly question but, this is with or without 3rd party apps like GPSGate? I would happily dorp back to stock rom if it means I have a working TT!

Very eager to hear your results

Edited by stuzathegreat