Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alex Alex Alex
very interesting. May seem a silly question but, this is with or without 3rd party apps like GPSGate? I would happily dorp back to stock rom if it means I have a working TT!

Very eager to hear your results

sadly (or gladly), after flashing back to the custom rom and taking the exact same steps, it now picks up a satellite signal with no problems at all so I gained nothing conclusive from this.

very odd, as this morning i drove all the way to work with the omnia on my dashboard without being able to get a fix and i also walked out onto our roof first thing and reset and wasn't able to get a fix. must have been something else i did that buggered it up.

i'm not using any additional software, just TT7 (the dodgy one availble at various sites while i'm testing to see if it works). i'll give it a little while, and reconfigure my device back to the way i like it then maybe give it another test later. i got at least 10 satellites connected (i assume each bar filled is a different satellite and it's strength.

however, very odd sign on our roof http://www.chunkylover.co.uk/images/SNC00002.jpg 'No authorised persons allowed beyond this point' ?!?!? like i've really want to go over a railing at 5 floors up!

the other thing i really noticed from this testing of GPS is it *REALLY* sucks the life out of the battery :lol:

Edited by Alex Alex Alex

Is there any chance to integrate a fix into a cooked rom, so that the omnia is able to route sound to a bluetooth mono-headset?

Then MS VoiceCommand would finally work via bluetooth!?

If Samsung can not do it, maybe somebody here can!?

Anyone having issues with WIFI? I am unable to connect to my home network - and when I enable WIFI, I don't get the popup message listing available networks. I can set the network up manually but it fails to connect. Very odd! :lol:

Guest markkohfm
Anyone having issues with WIFI? I am unable to connect to my home network - and when I enable WIFI, I don't get the popup message listing available networks. I can set the network up manually but it fails to connect. Very odd! :lol:

Nope, I have tried and wifi is working fine. Network notification popped up and all.

Guest tropolite

Hi

Just reporting in with what happened tonight.

I decided to flash my phone again after successfully flashing it several times over the last couple months. My plan was to flash from H3 to J1, then to the MCR01.

Hard resetting the phone after backingup I successfully flashed to J1. Hard setted. Checked that all was fine -nice. So then the next stage, to MCR01. Another hard reset (just to be sure), then hooked the phone to the PC and started the flash in the usual way.

Everything flashed fine, but when the phone reset it didn't come back - sadly, the MONAHANS syndrome - with no red light - completely d e a d.

Summarising, I believe it is the fault of the hardware, not firmware.

As a note, possibly revealing a hardware batch that may be faulty - I have never been able to Hard Reset using the hard keys. So, it looks as though my phone has to go for another International trip to Singapore to hopefully get fixed.

Was SO looking forward to using this firmware :lol: Hopefully I'll be back to give it a another shot in about a month.

Guest tropolite
DTHJ5-MCR01 can not open file C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\i900-DTHJ5-MCR01.7zip.exe' as archive

can anyone help

Cheers

Magpie2000k ... if you cannot open it download it again, your original download is possibly corrupted. That should let you carry on.

Cheers

Guest Magpie2000k

Cheers will try once more but have downloaded 3 times as I thought this might be the case.

Is there a mirror anywhere

By the way the download starts rediculously slow not sure if that is causing the problems

Cheers again

Edited by Magpie2000k

Guest davem1919
Cheers will try once more but have downloaded 3 times as I thought this might be the case.

Is there a mirror anywhere

By the way the download starts rediculously slow not sure if that is causing the problems

Cheers again

For some reason I cant get this to download starts off very slow gets to about 16mb then fails

going to try from another PC to see if thats ok

Dave

Guest draligus
suggestion

- remove samsung themes

- remove opera (newer version is available and should be installed on the 16 memory)

- remove google launcher and google maps

- remove digital frame

- remove help

- remove main menu

- remove podcast

- remove rss reader (can read whit outlook)

- remove smart reader / converter

- remove taskswitcher

- remove all unnecessary languages

- add a proper taskmanager (as example tkman)

- add registry editor

i think that will be a clean rom. all other thinks should install everybody individually

what you think

+ 50

Guest FlorianO
Has the rom included things like the GPS tweaks too?

Now _that_ would be something. Since I have quite a number of apps installed and configured (and actively using them), firmware upgrades are quite a turnoff.

But if, in some way, we can include the GPS tweaks -- most importantly this one --I would make the plunge to this "latest and greatest".

Regards,

Florian

Guest bobobird
Unzip the attached file and copy to your Windows directory after flashing the DZHJ1 CSC.

P

sunfon.zip

Paul - firstly, great job with the cooked rom.

Have not flashed yours yet...

I do not use sms much and mostly in English if I do. But I do get sms' in variety of languages including Chinese. With removal of the sunfon, these characters will appear as square blocks. Would simply copying the sunfon to the win dir reinstate the display of Chinese characters ?

One other thing - unlike HTC phones, the Omnia's OS supports almost all languages, that is what makes it a world phone. Removing languages, as some have suggested, takes this away and that is not a good thing imho.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by bobobird

Guest teixeira.vh
I am downloooooooading this so slowly

I hope it works this time

anyone know of a mirror for the rom or can put it somewhere else

I subscribe that...

Anyone know a mirror?

im downloading @ 7kb???

Thanks.

Guest famonaco

wellllll, i have created my first cooked rom, but i have 2 questions

can i change the language?(how to do)

can i add program ?(how to do)

thx in advance:)

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi All,

I managed to download very slowly the Rom. All seemed to work but seemed a bit slower.

I hadnt formatted the large internal storage so will try again doind so this time.

May I ask, has anyone else noticed the heating up phone with this Rom. I had it when I first got the phone but it dissapeared with I3 and J1 but seemd to be back with this rom.

Will reboot reinstall clean and then hard reset and report back.

Thanks Paul for your efforts imho only cooked roms for wm phones are any good if only the the developers gave us a shot at the roms before they released them we would tell them where they were going wrong and the clever folk on here could help them get it right

Guest BorgmanJayce
Is there a Windows Vista version of the Installer? Also, how do I install this?

Will there be a Vista version of the Installer in the future? On another note, what Custom ROMs are available that are Vista-Compatible, Installer-wise?