Custom ROM: [Updated]Black Diamond 1.0 SOE For Omina [22-10-2008]

Guest dr.dot

Guest jasonrabbit

hi dr.dot

could you please make a more clean rom with all that can be moved taken out and have cabs for other to put back what they need

thanks

hi dr.dot

could you please make a more clean rom with all that can be moved taken out and have cabs for other to put back what they need

thanks

The new release will be even faster and less factory app. I will start with the new rom after I make sure that this rom dont have any problems :lol:

Guest jasonrabbit
The new release will be even faster and less factory app. I will start with the new rom after I make sure that this rom dont have any problems :lol:

thanks flashing now will report if any problems

Maybe this registry edit is also handy?:

My experience shows that the following steps seem to improve the time to get a GPS fix, without need to download XTRA data:

1. Go to Settings > System > Enhanced GPS  and set both settings to "Disable"

2. Go to your device's registry, and see the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver

3. Change the following string values to nothing (don't delete them, just edit them and clear the value): 

CurrentLogFile (originally \GPSID_log.txt)

OldLogFile  (originally \GPSID_log.bak)

4. Soft-reset your device

5. With File Explorer, go to My Device, and delete the two GPSID_log files you see, and the file named xtra. If you don't soft-reset, you will not be able to delete some of them.

6. Check again the registry setting. Sometimes in rare cases it may revert the settings back - but that's a general WM problem.

After this, if you start your navigation software under clear sky, you can get a fix in a coulpe of minutes, without the use of XTRA, or any other data source, than pure native GPS satellites.

And by the way.. Why is your rom called black and Diamond?? I was a bit confused when i saw the screenshots (doesn't take much effort to get me confused btw.)... I thought I would get to see a black skin based on diamond theme :lol:

Oh.. And i presume that you replaced CFNet 2.0 with 3.5, so 2.0 is removed?

Edited by us1111

Guest markkohfm

For all those who have flashed to this rom, would you mind sharing your experience? Would be even better if you have used the modaco custom rom before this and can share the difference especially in terms of battery life. Thank you so much!

HELP!

I'm flashing the rom and halfway it sorta hangs....been almost 10mins since last status already.

I'm stuck at the switching USB to PHONE.... and the activesync shows it's not connected.

me on XP

What should I do??

post-421763-1224697329_thumb.jpg

Guest Quist09

Some feedback:

First, thank you for your hard work, Dr.Dot. To those who don't know, Dr.Dot is an established cook from xda-developers whose had many satisfied and return customers for his roms.

Thanks for the finger mouse fix, too. It worked perfectly and the finger mouse is back online.

Now to the beans of this initial version. I realized by looking at the contents of the FM cab that that was the FM radio app, by the way. But when I installed it, I still couldn't see the radio app itself. That's the first difficulty with this rom - the way the programs file is structured. The office apps, for instance, are only reachable by the link in the Start Menu and do not show up under Programs. If you go into a file under Programs, e.g. Tools, there's no way to go back up, rather you have to close and restart Programs. Installing the fm radio cab also did not reinstate the link to the app in the Programs folders.

Next, you don't really say verbatim that you've uninstalled Flash Lite 2.1 and given the results of my tests, this is not the case, i.e. it's still in the rom and we can't install Flash Lite 3.1 and get it working. Widgets have been removed, but that's not flash lite itself. On this point, I've tried everything with various versions of Opera and the Flash Lite 3.1 iterations out there, both on device and on My Storage and nothing works.

Also, I found that, of the versions of Opera available out there, only the latest official beta is as polished as the one that came with the Omnia. Unfortunately, that version doesn't work with my recent pet project, Manila 2d. So, for the moment I'll be returning to Paul's rom until Passoa releases his Flashlite 3.1 rom or until Dr.Dot's 1.1 (or 2.0) comes out.

Mind you, if you couldn't be bothered with the likes of FlashLite 3.1 or Manila 2d, it's hard to beat the amount of free storage space on this rom.

Guest new2city
Some feedback:

Now to the beans of this initial version. I realized by looking at the contents of the FM cab that that was the FM radio app, by the way. But when I installed it, I still couldn't see the radio app itself. That's the first difficulty with this rom - the way the programs file is structured. The office apps, for instance, are only reachable by the link in the Start Menu and do not show up under Programs. If you go into a file under Programs, e.g. Tools, there's no way to go back up, rather you have to close and restart Programs. Installing the fm radio cab also did not reinstate the link to the app in the Programs folders.

Yeah, it's weird isn't it? when we go into Tools, and then close it because we want to go back to Programs, it is already closed. Now, I am thinking of looking for cascading menus again...

BTW, I tried creating the shortcut and moving it manually to the \windows\Start Menu folder or any of the subfolders and it is there BUT when I press start, it is not shown.... I have tried this method with other apps and it works but not with this fm shortcut...

interesting... :lol:

Guest Quist09

Have to add, that I flashed Paul's first HJ5 rom and set up Manila and my other stuff in record time - simply because it is wicked fast! Don't know how he did it, but Paul's rom is the absolute fastest rom I've ever worked with. You start with about 10 mb less storage space than this one, but then again it's already got Opera and most of the rest of what you may need already installed. Just missing a Flash lite 3.1 solution.

Anyway, I'm still eagerly awaiting the evolution of Dr.Dot's rom (as well as Paul's and Passoa's).

Guest markkohfm
HELP!

I'm flashing the rom and halfway it sorta hangs....been almost 10mins since last status already.

I'm stuck at the switching USB to PHONE.... and the activesync shows it's not connected.

me on XP

What should I do??

Make sure you turn off your antivirus and firewall, if not the the phone will not be able to communicate with your ports.

Guest Dr Nize Guy

Well, I installed this rom and it is looking good... BUT:

I don't have any GPRS acces.

NODATA runs fine, everything is enabled, but I dont get any connection.

The only error message I get is in Google Maps: Error: ConnectError [6]

Well, it looks like I don't have te right settings for my provider, but i flashed back to DTHJ5 and GPRS is working again.

Flashed back to your Black Diamond release, and it doesn't work anymore... Strange isn't it...

Edited by Dr Nize Guy

Install NETCF v3.5 and it'll be fine.

Hmm.. That would be kinda strange:

ADDED:

NET CF 3.5

It should be in there supposedly...

Edited by us1111

Guest Pille69
Hmm.. That would be kinda strange:

It should be in there supposedly...

it is in

the rom works fine

no problems

gps needs approx 1-5 minutes to get a signal

speed is good

make the rom more smaller

remove all languages - except english

remove samsung themes

remove all software what is not from windows

remove all software where gives often updates (as example - phmregedit is since years the same version but advanced config will be updated all 3 weeks - remove it)

i work on registry keys for

- move my documents to storage

- all other tweaks which i know (cache)

- move internetexplorer cache, history to storage

- activesync attachments (outlook) will saved on storage

and a couple of other things

most thinks are known

can you import that keys after installing the rom (will be one file whit all keys in) ?

can you create folders and delete folders per script ?

what king of script runs on wm6.1 ?

plz write me a pm or skype

then we can work it out together and work together for

a killer rom (fully optimized and tweaked)

skype = tablette666

mfg

juergen

Guest kensong

Thanks Dr..DOT. Great ROM. However like someone mentioned, the Tahoma font looks wrong, thinner and taller. Is there a way to get back the default WM6.1 font? Oh, and I did download Opera taken from Omnia, 9.5 b1957 at XDA and it works fine. It is a cab file so was easy.

Edited by kensong

Guest kensong
Well, I tried to install the rom again, but I still can't get a gprs connection.

Am I the only one with this problem?

GPS or GPRS? In any case both works fine in mine. Opera is still not perfect, whether it is in Dr.DOT's server or elsewhere. I hope it can be found as Paul is thinking of making an Opera cab from the stock ROM. I am back to Paul's HJ5 while this is still in the works. Need Opera :lol:

it is in

the rom works fine

no problems

gps needs approx 1-5 minutes to get a signal

speed is good

make the rom more smaller

remove all languages - except english

remove samsung themes

remove all software what is not from windows

remove all software where gives often updates (as example - phmregedit is since years the same version but advanced config will be updated all 3 weeks - remove it)

i work on registry keys for

- move my documents to storage

- all other tweaks which i know (cache)

- move internetexplorer cache, history to storage

- activesync attachments (outlook) will saved on storage

and a couple of other things

most thinks are known

can you import that keys after installing the rom (will be one file whit all keys in) ?

can you create folders and delete folders per script ?

what king of script runs on wm6.1 ?

plz write me a pm or skype

then we can work it out together and work together for

a killer rom (fully optimized and tweaked)

skype = tablette666

mfg

juergen

What registry hack did you use to move my documents? I have tried them all and no success :lol:

Guest Pille69

hy dot

when the next superb rom come

if been waiting for that rom

please inform us ;-)

just a lite rom

no sumsung shi* in

no useless tools / programms

just pure windows