(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Dear PoSSoA / or any expert

Can I have the answers for the following please :

1-Is it possible in your new version to get-back today1 & 2? or is it difficult technically ? or by separate cab if it works with the rom?

2-what does MD2 stands for ?

3- Can I use Inesoft address book / dialer on this rom ?

4- may be I missed it , but how much is the ram/storage ?

5- Is it as sensitive and fast as the DTHJ5 ?

Edited by M Seif

Guest lonerboi
Help! I've a big problem: I've disabled ToucFLO (via Today) in order to modify HTCSettings.xml.

Now is impossible to go again in Today: the link Today in StartMenu is not functioning and also "Settings" is not functioning...

How can I use Today again ?

this is a problem i faced too, but i'd soft reset and it'll be normal.

Any idea which registry file does the clock links to? Would like to change it back to samsung tclock.exe instead of WM clock.

Guest kensong

1-Is it possible in your new version to get-back today1 & 2? or is it difficult technically ? or by separate cab if it works with the rom?

I don't have all the answers but these I do.

3- Yes, Inesoft AddBk works fine. I am using v4beta6

4-Storage Memory: 105.03MB total, 72.88MB free / Program Memory: 97.27MB, 61.41 free

5- Yes, it is if not better because it is leaner and the base ROM is DTHJ6 which is the latest from Secany.

Edited by kensong

1-Would be difficult as PoSSoA has removed today1 & 2 out of the ROM. As far as I know there is no CABs for today1 & 2 yet.

2-MD2 is a typo error. M2D stands for "Manila 2D" which is the touchFlo interface.

Good morning, are the icons for the weather is animate?

Thanks

No one animates because MD2 doesnt support animation. Only when it rains shows some animation

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e
1-Would be difficult as PoSSoA has removed today1 & 2 out of the ROM. As far as I know there is no CABs for today1 & 2 yet.

2-MD2 is a typo error. M2D stands for "Manila 2D" which is the touchFlo interface.

I have cabs for today 1 and 2, the normal colored ones and the black/silver ones. I'll try searching tonight where I downloaded them or upload them somewhere. Don't know if it will work though since PaSSoa removed them and who knows what more which isn't in the cab file.

Guest kensong

Has anyone had your Omnia become unresponsive on waking it after it is off some time? It is not the Screen Of Death (SOD) but it is nevertheless unusable until a soft reset. It is random like SOD so difficult to pin down. Have had this from DTHJ5. Anyone?

Edited by kensong

Guest dark_spice
Has anyone had your Omnia become unresponsive on waking it after it is off some time? It is not the Screen Of Death (SOD) but it is nevertheless unusable until a soft reset. It is random like SOD so difficult to pin down. Have had this from DTHJ5. Anyone?

I've experienced this a couple of times, even on my original ROM. Have you tried the reset slot beside the power button? 'coz one time I tried it, and it woke up the unit without rebooting or removing the battery. :lol:

Guest kensong
I've experienced this a couple of times, even on my original ROM. Have you tried the reset slot beside the power button? 'coz one time I tried it, and it woke up the unit without rebooting or removing the battery. :lol:

Yup, that's the soft reset I spoke about. So I am not alone.

Guest kensong

Anyone know how we can tweak the Calendar link to another calendar program instead of the default. I would like to go tp PocketInformant's agency view. Thanks.

Anyone know how we can tweak the Calendar link to another calendar program instead of the default. I would like to go tp PocketInformant's agency view. Thanks.

You can use VJBrisk to do that.

Guest u171173
this is a problem i faced too, but i'd soft reset and it'll be normal.

Any idea which registry file does the clock links to? Would like to change it back to samsung tclock.exe instead of WM clock.

No, a soft reset does'nt resolve the problem. But I've modified a registry entry and now the TouchFlo is active again!

Guest kensong
You can use VJBrisk to do that.

Hi Sector, many thanks for all the Themes you posted. Can you kindly guide me how to do that with VJBrisk? I did a little search and found this instruction:

To launch another PIM from TouchFlo 2d from the home tab:

1. Download VJBrisk app (one of Vijay555 tools).

2. Rename VJBrisk to Calendar.exe and the shortcut to your PIM app to (ex. agendaone.lnk) to VJTarget.lnk.

3. Place these two files into Windows folder.

The problem is there is already a Calendar.exe in /Windows and it cannot be replaced, deleted or renamed. Help please.

Edited by kensong

1, You can download the cabs from here http://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/Omnia%20software/ :lol:

Guest lonerboi

HEY! i've solved my widgets problem, it's due to the theme i applied nt having a new widget.

Btw, i've fixed the xml file for the tourbillion theme... below is attached.

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Also, i've noticed the theme of this rom to be blue, such as the start menu and screen w/o touch flo, how do i change that?

700 kb the Samsung Today2 ? :D

Is it possible to install in the extended memory ? Or is compulsive to install in the main memory ?

I dont know, u can always try :lol:

Guest kensong
Please add TaskSwitcher again i'm using it. :D

And Resco Keyboard Pro for Pocket PC 5.11 if possible :lol:

I do not think it is a good idea to add stuff to ROM which we can install easily. Manilla2D, FlashLite, NetCF being the exception. The key is removing, not adding and it cannot be because of individual preference. Just my 2c.

I do not think it is a good idea to add stuff to ROM which we can install easily. Manilla2D, FlashLite, NetCF being the exception. The key is removing, not adding and it cannot be because of individual preference. Just my 2c.

I think the key should really be improving and not simply remove.. Some apps cannot be installed lateron because of rom based preferences.. For them we should search for a better alternative in rom..