(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Hi Sector, many thanks for all the Themes you posted. Can you kindly guide me how to do that with VJBrisk? I did a little search and found this instruction:

To launch another PIM from TouchFlo 2d from the home tab:

1. Download VJBrisk app (one of Vijay555 tools).

2. Rename VJBrisk to Calendar.exe and the shortcut to your PIM app to (ex. agendaone.lnk) to VJTarget.lnk.

3. Place these two files into Windows folder.

The problem is there is already a Calendar.exe in /Windows and it cannot be replaced, deleted or renamed. Help please.

ok here is what i did and it works.

1. Download VJBrisk app and your preferable app for calendar.

2. Browse with Resco explore or File Explorer to your VJBrisk installation dir. eg. "My Storage\Program Files\VJBrisk\"

3. Rename VJBrisk to calendar. The extension is hidden to it is like VJBrisk.exe --> calendar.exe .

4. Copy and overwrite this to \Windows.

5. Then go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. You will find your "preferarable_app_calendar.lnk", eg. "thumbcal.lnk", there among with other programs.

6. Copy it to \Windows and rename it to VJTarget.lnk .

Thats all , Good luck :lol:

Guest 1900hmv

• This is my first post/reply and I like this ROM.
  • I want to share what I did in the Internet Widgets since Youtube link is not working, I use it to link CorePlayer as one of the earlier post suggested and I also added, IE and Skype. To do this I editted some values in the registry.

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized

- Editted the CustomizedCount value=3

- Added folder 1 and 2 (Originally 0 only)

- inside folder 0

- NoDescription Contents= 1

- CustomizedURL Contents= \my storage\program files\CorePlayer\player.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= CorePlayer-Youtube

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE.bmp

- CustomizedDescription Contents = NULL

- inside folder 1

- CustomizedURL Contents= \windows\iexplore.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= Internet xplorer

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_IE.bmp

- inside folder 2

- CustomizedURL Contents= \my storage\program files\skype\skype.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= Skype

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_SKYPE.bmp

There are couple of bugs I also encountered, i'm getting an error when using bluetooth to transfer file from my notebook another issue that I noticed is the flashlight not working (press and holding volume key).

Over all I'm still happy with this ROM.

Cheers... :lol:

internet.bmp

HH_INTERNET_IE.bmp

HH_INTERNET_SKYPE.bmp

I have an idea...

At the moment, it's very hard to replace the default programs within manilla... Manilla uses the default programs for:

Alarm

Clock

MP3 Player (which is actually quite nice)

Call Log

Etc, Etc..

I'm thinking about writing a little C# application which can replace the executables for the mentioned default applications.. This replaced executable will read an .run configuration where the actual executable (+parameters) is placed. The .run file should have the same name as the executable name. The default in the .run will be the original program (clock.exe, calendar.exe, etc...) but the nice thing is, that the .run file can be edited to the program you like so if manilla calls for calendar.exe, through the configuration .run thumbcal.exe could be started! The original programs have to be renamed in the rom like calendar_.exe or something, because my exe+config will replace them.

So if we for example take calendar.exe in /windows, this will be the case:

/windows/calendar_.exe Original wm6 executable

/windows/calendar.exe my C# executable

/windows/calendar.run configuration file with the actual executable (defaults to /windows/calendar_.exe)

The C# executable will search for a .run file with the same name as its basename (clock.exe will search for clock.run). In the .run file you can place the wanted command + commandline parameters:

calendar.run:

/Storage Card/Program Files/Thumbcal/Thumbcal -notes

What do you think of this idea? I only wanna start if the rom builders are behind this idea...

I think it is a great idea because VJBrisk allows to change only 1 target in the same directory. Eg. in \Windows there is also the calendar.exe and the dialpad, alarm, phonebook etc.

It can read only from VJTarge.lnk which is only 1 link to 1 program.

I hope u understood what i mean :lol:, at least us1111

• This is my first post/reply and I like this ROM.
  • I want to share what I did in the Internet Widgets since Youtube link is not working, I use it to link CorePlayer as one of the earlier post suggested and I also added, IE and Skype. To do this I editted some values in the registry.

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized

- Editted the CustomizedCount value=3

- Added folder 1 and 2 (Originally 0 only)

- inside folder 0

- CustomizedURL Contents= \my storage\program files\CorePlayer\player.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= CorePlayer-Youtube

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE.bmp

- inside folder 1

- CustomizedURL Contents= \windows\iexplore.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= Internet xplorer

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_IE.bmp

- inside folder 2

- CustomizedURL Contents= \my storage\program files\skype\skype.exe

- CutomizedTitle Contents= Skype

- CustomizedIcon Contents=\windows\ManilaGFX\HH_INTERNET_SKYPE.bmp

There are couple of bugs I also encountered, i'm getting an error when using bluetooth to transfer file from my notebook another issue that I noticed is the flashlight not working (press and holding volume key).

Over all I'm still happy with this ROM.

Cheers... :lol:

internet.bmp

HH_INTERNET_IE.bmp

HH_INTERNET_SKYPE.bmp

Some more icons for your internet widget from a previous post i made: http://rapidshare.com/files/157085348/Icons.rar.html

Guest Magpie2000k

Guys I have read and read but cannot find how I change the top and bottom bars to black. I can see it is from the today themes point but where are you getting the black theme to go in there from.

Cheers

Guys I have read and read but cannot find how I change the top and bottom bars to black. I can see it is from the today themes point but where are you getting the black theme to go in there from.

Cheers

Download this : http://rapidshare.com/files/158054567/DiamondQVGA.tsk.html

Copy it to My Storage. Go to Settings-Today and choose DiamondQVGA.

Press ok :lol:

Another thing, i found out how to change the softkeys of MD2 based on these posts:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=581

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=545

i will update how it works out and what we can change.

maybe we can change easier like dialpad, calendar, alarm etc.

anyone can test it also would be cool

I found the problem for me at least with the Audio Player I convert my music to AAC format and now is working seems to not work with mp3 on my device I figure-it out after flashing 5 times

Any way besides this problems with the audio player the ROM is great and I can't wait for the next release. Also I like to thank to those who make all those skins to work on Omnia.

Great job PoSSoA

Hi sector,

Thanks for your great effort on modifiying themes for our precious Omnia's :lol:

It would be great if someone could open a new thread that collects all themes altogether.

I'm consolidating them in the second post. Will update as necessary. Once again thanks to all contributors for their time and effort.

Guest kensong
ok here is what i did and it works.

1. Download VJBrisk app and your preferable app for calendar.

2. Browse with Resco explore or File Explorer to your VJBrisk installation dir. eg. "My Storage\Program Files\VJBrisk\"

3. Rename VJBrisk to calendar. The extension is hidden to it is like VJBrisk.exe --> calendar.exe .

4. Copy and overwrite this to \Windows.

5. Then go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. You will find your "preferarable_app_calendar.lnk", eg. "thumbcal.lnk", there among with other programs.

6. Copy it to \Windows and rename it to VJTarget.lnk .

Thats all , Good luck :lol:

Thanks a lot sector for the precise guide. It works though I was given a warning that replacing Calendar.exe is in ROM.

Guest black-DraGon

@PaSSoA

maaan. great work... respekt...

but do me a biiiiiggg favor buddy, make a rom with german language or just answer in the rom language thread PLZ!

Guest Magpie2000k

Can Anyone confirm is there a registry setting to increase the number of photo contacts.

I love this rom but having used SPB shell where you could have 36+ the number available is a little limiting

Please help if you can

GREAT WORK SO FAR THANKS

Bug with .netCF, rebuilding ROM as we speak. Sorry.

Thank god I clicked refresh on the browser i was about to install it as well :lol:

btw thanks again PaSSoA for your great work!