(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

noob question - will this work on a uk omnia, e.g. after flash will all the network settings and stuff still auto detect?

Also my omnia is a vodafone one, does that make a difference?

cheers

Not too sure, can anyone who has tried advise on this. Thanks.

hi people i have a really noob question about flash lite 3.1, i was wondering if it can be installed seperately through a cab file, or can it only be installed as part of a firmware flash?

also, will flash lite 3.1 enable me to stream music from myspace or any site that uses flash 9?

It doesn't work properly when installing the cab file as the old version needs to be removed first. This can only be done through custom ROMs.

FL3.1 supports Flash9 sites but only until AS2, AS3 is still not supported so there will be sites which you still can't view.

i installed it last night and everything seems to run smooth, except for the fact that my first boot after the upgrade took a very long time and even some more reboots. but now everything works :lol:

i was wondering why everybody seems to dislike the default taskmanager on the omnia. for me it worked fine and now i'm even missing the fact that it pops up with one stroke of the finger (or is not everyone aware of this "shortcut"?). but you can't have it all :D

has anyone every tried to "downgrade"? i'm thinking of "going back to" the latest dutch ROM HJ3...

Well, one man's meat is another man's poison, but fortunately it's not too big of an issue. Downgrading should not be a problem.

Guest helladios

Here is a screen capture of my root directory. As you can see, there is no "My Storage". Instead, the "My Documents" has a little MMC sign next to it. Automatically, all programs are installed under "My Documents" now (if not in ROM). Additionally to the 16 Mb of "My Documents", I have a card of another 16 Mb which you can see as "Storage Card". I have also modified the registry, so that for photos, videos, music, ringtones etc. it defaults to the relevant directory under "My Documents". No problems so far!

post-438507-1225195525_thumb.jpg

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

QUOTE(Barthlon @ Oct 28 2008, 18:43)

i installed it last night and everything seems to run smooth, except for the fact that my first boot after the upgrade took a very long time and even some more reboots. but now everything works

i was wondering why everybody seems to dislike the default taskmanager on the omnia. for me it worked fine and now i'm even missing the fact that it pops up with one stroke of the finger (or is not everyone aware of this "shortcut"?). but you can't have it all

has anyone every tried to "downgrade"? i'm thinking of "going back to" the latest dutch ROM HJ3...

I tried to downgrade from the original DXHJ1 a while back but failed to do so. The XKHJ3 is some kind of language pack and you need to install it from within the Omnia itself. But since I got English firmware it won't allowe me to change to Dutch. Only way, I think, is to flash back ATHH5 and then upgrade to XKHJ3 unless someone has the XKHJ3 in an exe.file to update.

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

Mediafire seems to be working, give it a go again..

Sorry...I've dl several times and the resulting file is only 26kb. I think there could have been corruption when you ul to mediafire. If it's ok, appreciate if you can reupload the file again =)

Thanks!

Guest dark_spice
Sorry...I've dl several times and the resulting file is only 26kb. I think there could have been corruption when you ul to mediafire. If it's ok, appreciate if you can reupload the file again =)

Thanks!

I was able to download the mediafire one and it seemed fine to me. I successfully flashed my unit with it. :lol:

Guest Aneeliyo

Hello All,

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jumpy to update to manila2D but I am totally idiot in this can anyone please post a link to step-by-step guide how to install this. Secondaly, what is soft reset and hard reset?

Thanks

Aneeliyo

DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHY THIS ROM IS DISCONNECTING MY WIFI EVERY TIME IM TRYING TO CONNECT???

WiFi works fine on my device, used it for about an hour with no problems. Try restarting your WiFi router.

Hello All,

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jumpy to update to manila2D but I am totally idiot in this can anyone please post a link to step-by-step guide how to install this. Secondaly, what is soft reset and hard reset?

Thanks

Aneeliyo

Check out this post 1Mack gives a very good guide on the flashing process.

Guest Anfloyd
noob question - will this work on a uk omnia, e.g. after flash will all the network settings and stuff still auto detect?

Also my omnia is a vodafone one, does that make a difference?

cheers

Flashed this ROM to my UK Omnia which is network locked to Orange and everything is fine. Once flashing was complete it detected my SIM card and automatically configured all network settings.

Great work by the way PaSSoA. Thanks for your time and effort.

Edited by Anfloyd

Guest magia971
Guest Barthlon
I tried to downgrade from the original DXHJ1 a while back but failed to do so. The XKHJ3 is some kind of language pack and you need to install it from within the Omnia itself. But since I got English firmware it won't allowe me to change to Dutch. Only way, I think, is to flash back ATHH5 and then upgrade to XKHJ3 unless someone has the XKHJ3 in an exe.file to update.

(y) thnx, now i know enough...

i'll wait for a good official dutch rom update, hopefully sometime next month :lol:

Guest codianno
you need to download sunfon.ac3 and put it into \Windows, in order to get the chinese characters displayed correctly.

I did put the sunfon.ac3 into \windows folder, I wonder whether it would the problem of the sequence.

First I put the font file into \Windows, then flash the CSC.

The SIP shows up correctly, just the characters all become "口口口口", unreadable.

Shall I check the registry as well?

Guest codianno
Found it... Just pick the font you want to use and install the cab.

http://www.studiokuma.com/wm/?section=support

Thanks for the link, I knew this could solve the problem. I tried it, it solve the Chinese display problem but it also changed the default English font to tahoma. Default English letters in i900 are actually smaller than tahoma, so as Chinese characters. Turns out it doesn't fit into some icons or texts in certain softwares.

I actually prefer the original i900DZHJ1.CSC, it doesn't has any problem at all.

I'm not too sure but guess the link is for HTC, isn't it?

Again, thanks for PaSSoA's ROM. It's really a great rom.

Edited by codianno

I would like to thank the following gentlemen for their quick reply to my questions on pages 12 & 13 ,

kensong , robf80 , X-t-r-e-m-e and mackna.

Really was very fast response .

M Seif

Guest Anfloyd

Am I right in thinking that there is no way to add a new location to the weather app? My location isn't listed and I'm quite a distance

from the nearest one on the list. I managed to do this before but that was running M2D as a seperate install.

Great ROM! Thanks!

One very minor thing is the email widget where there is a white rectangle at the bottom of the envelope. I think it's just a matter of fixing the HTCHomeSettings.xml file (as discussed in the Manila 2D thread of the forum) but I cannot access the file in this ROM (i.e. I cannot over-write it - probably because it is protected). Can anyone tell me how to over-write it? Would TotalCommanderCE do a better job than file explorer for this?

Thanks!