(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest styles88

nice firmware pls update the opera and add the menu luncher.

if I let attitudes of samsung the side for wap Internet send, I do not get the message it me everything adjust to surf. is that an error?

Edited by styles88

I try to upgrade this ROM but I have this screen after I open the file and is not reconaizing my phone. what I am doing wrong. was working fine with the official ROM but I see on this is different loader. I need some help. Thanks.

Is this forum to help each other ? or just to show what smart asses you are. I subscribe to others forums and I get help when I need-it but here I read a lot of treads and you just ignore others who need help. This forum is just for those who knows everything if it so I have to go because I don't know that much.

Edited by georo

Is this forum to help each other ? or just to show what smart asses you are. I subscribe to others forums and I get help when I need-it but here I read a lot of treads and you just ignore others who need help. This forum is just for those who knows everything if it so I have to go because I don't know that much.

You have to FIRST install the drivers from http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/SamsungModem_xp.zip for windows xp. Reboot ur pc.

Do not try to do it on vista as u might brick ur phone.

Then follow the instructions when u try to execute the firmware.

Switch off ur phone.

Connect it on USB.

Switch it on and hit Start.

GL

PaSSoA the Settings works for the some times (at least for me) not only in MD2 but with the large start also.

I dont get any warnings though... Maybe is the MagicButton problem?

Well didnt find any more bugs till now i will update soon.

Edited by sector

You have to FIRST install the drivers from http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/SamsungModem_xp.zip for windows xp. Reboot ur pc.

Switch off ur phone.

Connect it on USB.

GL

Thank you sector I didn't have that driver instaled now is OK thanks to you. I all ready flashed and I am playing to see how is work. :lol: :D

Edited by georo

Guest datafanatic

Switch off ur phone.

Connect it on USB.

GL

And if Powering on your phone doesn't get it recognised by the updater, soft reset (press stylus into hole at top of Omnia, next to power button), then updater will recognise your phone.

Don't forget to Hard Reset before and after flashing to ensure a clean flash.

Laterz

DF :lol:

Guest Quist09

THANK YOU!

This is excellent. Now with all my stuff installed, I still have loads of space left on device storage. It's about the same as I had with Paul's 1st cooked Omnia rom, but now I have FlashLite 3.1. EXCELLENT!

So far, performance-wise it seems to be as snappy as Paul's 1st.

I haven't spent enough time with any of the cooked roms to say anything about batterylife, but the HJ1 and HJ5 base roms had me running 2-3 days with minimal usage and about 20-40% to spare after an extremely heavy usage 18 hour day. We'll see if this will be in the ballpark.

Definitely sticking to this one for a good while now.

Cheers!

PS For those who want to use other task managers, simply hold and press the X on the today screen, choose settings disable autostart, then click exit. Magicbutton won't autostart after a softreset with this and your free to install what you want. I use WkTASK and it's working great on this rom.

Guest Quist09
does the manila2d working on landscape mode in omnia?

thx

From what I know, Manila doesn't work in landscape mode on any phone, yet.

The presentation is butt ugly if you rotate on one of the tabs. On the today home screen tab, if it's landscape it will automatically rotate back to portrait.

The only way I know of to get around this in current use thus far is writing a Mortscript to watch for rotation and disable the TouchFlo today plugin in landscape and reenable it in portrait. I've opted to disable autorotation en lieue for a button press and will probably write a script to switch to Samsung Today 2 in landscape and switch back to TouchFlo in portrait (not having Mortscript monitoring anything in the background). Biggest problem with the Mortscript approach in general is the delay in the time it takes for the phone to re-initialize TouchFlo.

Over at xda-developers people are working on making Manila orientation-agnostic. Give it a month or two and I'm sure a new version of Manila will be on the way.

Edited by Quist09

Guest ctkhaled

very nice.

i am so happy

just a probleme with magicbutton does'nt work normaly

and for the next version please delete opera "berk" and total commander cause there is many people use resco explorer

thank you

ah where can i found manila themes?????????

Yes, just copy the whatever-theme.zip to \Program Files\M2DC\Themes, open Manilla2Dconfig.exe, you may want to backup default theme/settings first. Then, go to themes click add, search for the whatever-theme.zip and click ok. After that Apply Theme and you're on your way. Change the htchomesettings.xml to fit the Omnia resolution and you're done.

Screenshots below...

Not too sure if it can be done on Visita, but I think it throws out some problems. There is no way to install FlashLite3.1 as the original ROM had FL2.0, only way to use FL3.5 is with a cooked ROM :D

Some shots on how easy it is to customise the theme. Props to the author of M2DC and M2D skinners...

Can you please post the htchomesettings.xml for this theme? :lol:

thanks

From what I know, Manila doesn't work in landscape mode on any phone, yet.

The presentation is butt ugly if you rotate on one of the tabs. On the today home screen tab, if it's landscape it will automatically rotate back to portrait.

The only way I know of to get around this in current use thus far is writing a Mortscript to watch for rotation and disable the TouchFlo today plugin in landscape and reenable it in portrait. I've opted to disable autorotation en lieue for a button press and will probably write a script to switch to Samsung Today 2 in landscape and switch back to TouchFlo in portrait (not having Mortscript monitoring anything in the background). Biggest problem with the Mortscript approach in general is the delay in the time it takes for the phone to re-initialize TouchFlo.

Over at xda-developers people are working on making Manila orientation-agnostic. Give it a month or two and I'm sure a new version of Manila will be on the way.

Thank you Quist09, for your info and the idea of switching to samsung today 2 when landscape position and switch back to touchflo in potrait (while we are waiting for the xda-dev team to build complete and final version of Manilla 2D , the one with landscape mode working). Meanwhile i'm sticking with samsung today 2 profile)

Thx

What I found so far everything works fine until I get to the audio player is stuck there forever is searching but is freezing there and I have to reset to get out. I love the speed but this really freak me out.

I have to go back to my previous ROM. Thank you for the help I get here.

What I found so far everything works fine until I get to the audio player is stuck there forever is searching but is freezing there and I have to reset to get out. I love the speed but this really freak me out.

I have to go back to my previous ROM. Thank you for the help I get here.

I have no problem with the audio player. Maybe try to hard reset and reflash again?

I have upload this in rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/156981942/Weather.rar.html

A small contribution for the MD2 weather. All credits goes to Beyond Invisible http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402124

Edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml to replace this line:

Optional:

1. To remove the weather description, replace this:

<!--

2. To lower the city name down, replace this:

3. To delete the half separator line (above the weather description), replace this:

<!-- post-150032-1224818200_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

perfect work man :lol:

but why on the desktop always alarm off ?the alarm is on and work :D

cheers

I don't really understand, but if you're using the Samsung World Clock/Alarm, like I do, the alarm will not show up on the main page as M2D reads from the windows clock/alarm settings.

nice firmware pls update the opera and add the menu luncher.

if I let attitudes of samsung the side for wap Internet send, I do not get the message it me everything adjust to surf. is that an error?

secany has passed me the latest DTHJ6 version with more updates and fixes, will build it with the next version. Another reason why I did not install the new Opera Official Beta is that it does not support Activex, and hence will not support FlashLite3.1.

Make sure you select "Automatically detect settings" under the Connections settings in Opera to surf the net.

Thanks for all the comments especially to sector for helping out, I'm sorry I couldn't reply any faster, don't forget about the time difference georo ;) About the audio manager problem, anyone else have that problem? How many songs do you have? It searches very quickly on mine...

secany has passed me the latest DTHJ6 version with more updates and fixes, will build it with the next version. Another reason why I did not install the new Opera Official Beta is that it does not support Activex, and hence will not support FlashLite3.1.

Hey great job!!!

Please, as many others here have requested, could you srap the magic button and total commander. Let us choose what we like to use, as its very different.

Thanks

I don't really understand, but if you're using the Samsung World Clock/Alarm, like I do, the alarm will not show up on the main page as M2D reads from the windows clock/alarm settings.

Make sure you select "Automatically detect settings" under the Connections settings in Opera to surf the net.

Thanks for all the comments especially to sector for helping out, I'm sorry I couldn't reply any faster, don't forget about the time difference georo :lol: About the audio manager problem, anyone else have that problem? How many songs do you have? It searches very quickly on mine...

Will anyone update the plain jane DTHJ6 with no customazations? like the non custom firmware file?

it would be great if someone could.

I test this rom, good work PassOa, Personally i am not a fan of manila, i kind of like the samsung today screens 1.

but awesome work.

Guest markkohfm
Will anyone update the plain jane DTHJ6 with no customazations? like the non custom firmware file?

it would be great if someone could.

I test this rom, good work PassOa, Personally i am not a fan of manila, i kind of like the samsung today screens 1.

but awesome work.

I personally use phonealarm and ultimatelaunch so i have no need for the manilla. It would be good to have the plain rom with just the ability to work with flashlite 3.1 in opera.

I think Paul's coming version will be with FL3.1 and his version is definitely cleaner than mine, with M2D. Reason why I cooked this is there are many steps to install and customise M2D on the Omnia and it takes up quite alot of memory. So this simplifies the process for those looking for M2D on their Omnia.

Hey great job!!!

Please, as many others here have requested, could you srap the magic button and total commander. Let us choose what we like to use, as its very different.

Thanks

If you do not need magic button, you can use file explorer, go to \windows\startup and delete the "magic button.lnk" file. Soft reset the device and magic button will not load.

Hey PaSSoA GREAT JOB! I'm very happy with your rom, exactly what I was looking for!! Mean, lean and Manilla2d fully pre-configured.. Flashed it on mine and my wife's and working like a charm! Thanx a lot!! I'm sure it was a lot of work and fiddling around..

Edited by us1111