(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I use the medium size font settings in Opera so it's ok for me, anyway, when you zoom in the page will resize itself. But you're right, the screen size is not so good for internet browsing but pretty good for videos :lol:

Guest fenomeno83

maybe you don't understand me :D

in original rom font size is better for internet browsing in landscape..in your spectacular rom, by default is too much small..compare them :lol:

I turned off TouchFlo, rebooted device, turn it on aganm and now the taskbar is appeared correctely. :D

Did you install apps that may conflict with gmaps? Don't see why that should be happening as it's not part of M2D.

I'm honoured :lol:

Had a look at it, but since it was in beta, I did not dare put it in. Or there may be many more problems.

Not too sure... once again, did you install any apps or codecs that may cause a conflict? I have no problems with photos or video recording.

Had encountered that problem before with another custom ROM on another site, but so far everything works well on M2D02.

I have a problem.

I used modaco rom 23/10/08.When I pressed once the power button, my device went to sleep mode, when i pressed a buton, the display appeared, and my device was lock.With this rom, there is no auto lock function. Or where can i set it on

I had a problem... :lol:

Edited by taril

Guest Anfloyd

I updated from M2D01 to MD202 but prefered the theme from the original ROM. Installed the original theme with Manila 2D Config and everything is fine apart from the weather widget. Anybody help me out?...please!.........

post-426200-1225487410_thumb.jpg

Guest zipperzam

Hey PaSSoA, Installed your rom and it runs great. I have one problem though, video recording sometimes doesn't work. Whenever I try to review a video after recording, I get an error saying "unable to read this file." I haven't installed anything on my phone yet other than the task switcher.

Guest RodolfoG

Any idea why Opera is refusing to save the advanced configuration to report itself as a desktop version? When I save it and come back to settings, it has reverted to report as handheld device... thx!!

Guest fenomeno83
Hey PaSSoA, Installed your rom and it runs great. I have one problem though, video recording sometimes doesn't work. Whenever I try to review a video after recording, I get an error saying "unable to read this file." I haven't installed anything on my phone yet other than the task switcher.

yes..the same problem I have!if record in my storage at vga no problem..but in storage card have that problem

Guest natzakaria

Maybe this has been asked a million times before - well this will be million and one :lol:

What do you guys have as task viewer - since nothing can be added to the screen like pocket breeze or diary.

Do advise

Guest golddust

Sorry I am new to this site, just one question when I download something from this site always come out a pop up screen authentication required and asking for user name and password, where or how can I get the user name and password?

Guest natzakaria

And of coz you had to post in THIS particular thread thus ruining the possibilities of gurus looking at my post. Sheesh.

Maybe this has been asked a million times before - well this will be million and one smile.gif

What do you guys have as task viewer - since nothing can be added to the screen like pocket breeze or diary.

Do advise

Guest srikaewa

Hi PaSSoA,

Thanks for such a great ROM. I have one question though. I currently use your LITE version and manually install M2D.

Question is how do you replace "All Program" in Program tab to run TouchLaunch instead of the default one from WM.

Thanks again for your awesome work,

:lol::D:D

Hi PaSSoA,

Thanks for such a great ROM. I have one question though. I currently use your LITE version and manually install M2D.

Question is how do you replace "All Program" in Program tab to run TouchLaunch instead of the default one from WM.

Thanks again for your awesome work,

:lol: :D:D

You just install TouchLauch and check the option replace folderview.exe with touchlaunch. A new version is out and it really rock ;)

Edited by sector

yes..the same problem I have!if record in my storage at vga no problem..but in storage card have that problem

That's strange... Maybe a storage card problem? I'm not sure, recording to My Storage and Storage Card at all resolutions works for me. I think this was mentioned by another user too. Anyone else having this problem and managed to solve it? Please feel free to chip in. Besides saving it to My Storage, obviously :lol:

Any idea why Opera is refusing to save the advanced configuration to report itself as a desktop version? When I save it and come back to settings, it has reverted to report as handheld device... thx!!

Was a problem with M2D01, not in M2D02. Which version are you using?

And of coz you had to post in THIS particular thread thus ruining the possibilities of gurus looking at my post. Sheesh.

Maybe this has been asked a million times before - well this will be million and one smile.gif

Do advise

You can use the original taskswitcher, the CAB can be found in the 2nd post.

Guest zipperzam

wow thats weird, I have the opposite. Recording in my storage causes that problem.

Guest omnia newbie

I have the same problem distorted... home page similar to Anfloyd andh hyson... I have to 'hard reset' to fix it..! :mellow .... here the process to comfirm the problem does exist... (I tried several times)

1. copy the theme to the theme folder ie. M2DC/theme.. with manilla_white2V and manilla_original

2. choose the theme.. press apply

3. soft reset............. then the home page screwed up..

but hard reset will fix it .. or you need to have a back up theme and restore it..

however, HTChomeSettings.xml works with original theme by PoSSoA only..it messed the home page with others.... !. just wondering some registration did not modified with the above theme etc... just guessing.

however .. there is NO problem with mobilematt modified theme.

Edited by omnia newbie

Guest kensong

Anyone have problem with M2D02 where Opera cannot play youtube videos even in desktop mode after a while? I could play videos fine after a hard reset but after reinstalling my applications, I realise it has stopped working and I cannot figure out what caused it. It will play the video but I get many bands of colors and it is the same when I play the video at fullscreen mode. The video is streamed with progress bar moving but no sound and only colour bands on screen.

Any ideas what broke it? I have coreplayer (can only play RTSP (low quality)) installed and youtubeplay (no problems playing).

That's the problem with the video itself. I suspect it's the encoding or something. Try another vid, it should work again.

Edited by PaSSoA