(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest dark_spice

A little problem I encountered recently. Can anyone try and confirm?

I installed iContacts 0.81 on this ROM and it fukked up my Start Menu -> Settings and the TouchFLO Settings tab -> All Settings. On the Start Menu, selecting Settings won't do anything at all and pressing the TouchFLO All Settings will just reboot my OMNIA. It took me about 2 hard resets, to finally trace that it is indeed iContacts 0.81 that did that. Is this just an isolated case or anyone experienced the same thing?

Guest kensong
That's the problem with the video itself. I suspect it's the encoding or something. Try another vid, it should work again.

Nope, they are videos I know would work and are the same ones I tried after the hard reset.

A little problem I encountered recently. Can anyone try and confirm?

I installed iContacts 0.81 on this ROM and it fukked up my Start Menu -> Settings and the TouchFLO Settings tab -> All Settings. On the Start Menu, selecting Settings won't do anything at all and pressing the TouchFLO All Settings will just reboot my OMNIA. It took me about 2 hard resets, to finally trace that it is indeed iContacts 0.81 that did that. Is this just an isolated case or anyone experienced the same thing?

That is correct. sector has mentioned it a few times that iContact would cause a conflict.

Guest fenomeno83

Passoa, I want propose 1 thing to you!

your rom is perfect, optimized in every part,but an important part in VIDEO!

omnia is a multimedia device and watching film or make video is very important!

touchplayer doesn't offer a perfect support of divx, but main problem is that touchplayer doesn't manage very well video taken al 640x480 with omnia (too much blocks!!) and for example if you put a video taklen with n95 is similar!touchplayer offers a bad support of mp4v format at high resolution!

the best video player is coreplayer 1.2.5, that offers very very good quality(for film, youtube,video taken with omnia and others cell as n95), setting in options acceleration video and others paramethers!

Try these settings,PLEASE!:

menù-options-orientation=left handed and follow gui

menù-options-zoom=FILL screen

menù-options-pixel aspect ratio=auto

menù-tools-preferences-select page-video=video output:Intel Xscale,Video quality:High,Smooth Zoom:ON,Dither enabled

menù-tools-preferences-select page-network=Youtube format:H264(high quality)

menù-tools-preferences-file associations= enable also MPEG4 files and Video files

In this manner, all divx, video taken with omnia or others cell(as n95) will start with coreplayer, that will offer a very very good vision,witout blocks, without artifacts and at full screen!

This is very important, because many users aren't happy of omnia videos for example, but real problem is touchplayer!

I hope that you understand these!It is a propose to make your rom perfect in every part!

For this reason is also important put 640x480 resolution as default in video camera (omnia default il 320x240)..

real problem to do this is that coreplayer isn't free..for this reason you could do a "trial" rom, explaining that who want install it must have a coreplayer licence key!

you could also replace file manager with resco file explorer(and if you want also registry and ftp plugins)!

you could tell: "but in this manner every application is important, because every person has particular use"..

I reply to you: "it's real, but video is one of the main use..no problem if touchplayer did this work in a decent manner, but touchplayer has many problems with mp4 format, and this isn't good for a multimedia device that records video a 640x480!!it's necesssary another player that do good this work!many coocked htc rom are based on tcpmp that is an old free player development by core,that doesn't work on omnia..now core has switched only to commercial coreplayer"

what do you think about this?please, before to reply, try that settings :lol:

edit: for me is important also intergrate a voip client as fring

Edited by fenomeno83

Hello,

I want when I click :

In Calendar :Thumbcal open

In Call history : iContactBE open

How can i do that ?

Thanks you very much :lol:

Edited by Billou

Guest cookie74

some advice please i am on vodafone branded rom hh3 brfore that i was on hh1 vodafone branded again but i tried to flash it with the hh1 rom that was on this site but my fone died 30 minutes after it worked but managed to get vodafone to give me a new handset,

so what i would like to know is can i flash this straight on to my new fone.

thanks in advance

Is it possible to install the new manilla 2d customizer over the one that's cooked in this rom??

Yes you can. I have it installed in My Storage so doesnt really matter :lol:

Guest DarkBolt
Maps search is behaving strangely. When I select Directions from a map, the menu option in the bottom left, goes weird, and another language is displayed. Also, search from a map gives a search box and nothing else.

Hi. I have this exact same problem with gmaps on M2D02. I guess I could try re-installing gmaps to see if that helps.

Another issue I have, which I have not seen reported on this thread yet, is a problem when playing youtube videos through Opera where the video window is just corrupted with vertical coloured lines. This does not happen with all videos but on three quarters of all the videos I have tried so far. Some videos work fine. Note that I have 'Desktop Computer' ticked, and automatic internet detection selected. Anyone else noticed this?

ERROR!!!!

There is a cache filefor Touchflo album in the windows directory that cant be deleted because its tored in ROM!!!

You have to remove all the cache files from rom in the next version!

I also cant install the newer version of manila 2d.

Please, correct this problem in the next version. Thank you!

This rom is the best since I bought my omnia. :-)

c:\windows\ha_skin_cache_l.dat

Edited by taril

Guest DarkBolt
Hi. I have this exact same problem with gmaps on M2D02. I guess I could try re-installing gmaps to see if that helps.

Another issue I have, which I have not seen reported on this thread yet, is a problem when playing youtube videos through Opera where the video window is just corrupted with vertical coloured lines. This does not happen with all videos but on three quarters of all the videos I have tried so far. Some videos work fine. Note that I have 'Desktop Computer' ticked, and automatic internet detection selected. Anyone else noticed this?

As a quick follow up to the youtube issue, I tried the Victoria George - Down with Love example from PaSSoA's first post and it worked absolutely fine. Other videos I have tried such as 'Tenacious D: The pick of destiny ending' (search for 'pick of destiny' and select second search result), or Blondie - heart of glass (search for 'blondie' and select first result for heart of glass) - both of these are just corrupt and will not play. Both worked through the streaming player on my old ROM, but the streaming player failed to connect when I tried it on this ROM.

Maybe saying it is three quarters is a little harsh as I have a few more working examples now though. Interesting both the broken examples above were the two I tried first and I thought is wasn't working as a result. I have messed around some more since then so maybe I somehow fixed it and some old data has been stored for those two videos. If someone else could try them on theirs to see if they work I would be grateful.

Oh, and final issue is that I have been unable to get iGO8 to load yet using this ROM.

Other than these couple of issues the ROM seems great!

Guest squeezo

Are touchplayer,Video-edit and MediaAlbum still in this ROM?

I find these applics rather fine.

Also is it possible to download the flv-files you are watching on youtube?

Eric

Edited by squeezo

Guest fenomeno83
Passoa, I want propose 1 thing to you!

your rom is perfect, optimized in every part,but an important part in VIDEO!

omnia is a multimedia device and watching film or make video is very important!

touchplayer doesn't offer a perfect support of divx, but main problem is that touchplayer doesn't manage very well video taken al 640x480 with omnia (too much blocks!!) and for example if you put a video taklen with n95 is similar!touchplayer offers a bad support of mp4v format at high resolution!

the best video player is coreplayer 1.2.5, that offers very very good quality(for film, youtube,video taken with omnia and others cell as n95), setting in options acceleration video and others paramethers!

Try these settings,PLEASE!:

menù-options-orientation=left handed and follow gui

menù-options-zoom=FILL screen

menù-options-pixel aspect ratio=auto

menù-tools-preferences-select page-video=video output:Intel Xscale,Video quality:High,Smooth Zoom:ON,Dither enabled

menù-tools-preferences-select page-network=Youtube format:H264(high quality)

menù-tools-preferences-file associations= enable also MPEG4 files and Video files

In this manner, all divx, video taken with omnia or others cell(as n95) will start with coreplayer, that will offer a very very good vision,witout blocks, without artifacts and at full screen!

This is very important, because many users aren't happy of omnia videos for example, but real problem is touchplayer!

I hope that you understand these!It is a propose to make your rom perfect in every part!

For this reason is also important put 640x480 resolution as default in video camera (omnia default il 320x240)..

real problem to do this is that coreplayer isn't free..for this reason you could do a "trial" rom, explaining that who want install it must have a coreplayer licence key!

you could also replace file manager with resco file explorer(and if you want also registry and ftp plugins)!

you could tell: "but in this manner every application is important, because every person has particular use"..

I reply to you: "it's real, but video is one of the main use..no problem if touchplayer did this work in a decent manner, but touchplayer has many problems with mp4 format, and this isn't good for a multimedia device that records video a 640x480!!it's necesssary another player that do good this work!many coocked htc rom are based on tcpmp that is an old free player development by core,that doesn't work on omnia..now core has switched only to commercial coreplayer"

what do you think about this?please, before to reply, try that settings :lol:

edit: for me is important also intergrate a voip client as fring

good news...

this version of tcpmp works fine onm samsung omnia

http://rapidshare.de/files/39997786/TCPMP-...03.CAB.zip.html

player is free, options are similar to coreplayer..coreplayer has some parts otpmized in comparison to tcpmp..

for example in video smoot zoom(always) is not good as coreplayer uesed when you do zoom in video(for example Fill screen)...

and tcpmp hasn't youtube..

now you can use only free tools increase rom quality..

you can set tcpmp as default player of mpeg4 files and avi files..in tcpmp is very important enable intel xscale video accelration..

after you can choose defaiult setting as orientation left handed, smooth zoom (always) and zoom fill screen, associate mpeg4 files and avi...or use default settings(but with intel xscale enable!!and file association)..

and for youtube use youtubeplay 1.0.0.9 that is fre and you can save also! (but doesn't support high quality h264 video as coreplayer)

others htc modded rom(as advantage)integrate tcpmp that use hardware accelration!

and at last setting in videocamera 640x480 as default

Edited by fenomeno83

Guest kensong
That's the problem with the video itself. I suspect it's the encoding or something. Try another vid, it should work again.

Hi PaSSoA, I finally discovered what went wrong. It seems youtube made some changes to their file format, especially the HQ files which broke some of the support from mobile players including Coreplayer and YouTubePlay a couple of days ago. That was why I could play these videos a few days back and not today. Coreplayer is doing a fix now while YouTubePlay has updated their player to fix this issue.

Too bad there is nothing we can do about it with Opera so it looks like we will need the other standalone players to play H264 or FLV HQ videos :lol:

Guest kensong
Also is it possible to download the flv-files you are watching on youtube?

Eric

No you cannot. Get the free and excellent YouTubePlay to do that and more.

Who has video recording problem on "my storage" or "storage card", try to change storage to "my device", record a small clip in both resolutions, play them, and change storage back to "my storage" or "storage card". well, it's worked for me !

Great find kensong, apparently there will be native Flash9 support out by the end of the year, so that will solve many problems.

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

So another M2D version and Lite version? Or do you prefer another interface?

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

So another M2D version and Lite version? Or do you prefer another interface?

Yes, another lite version with UC working would be great. Also, can you upx some of the exe?

Hello,

I want when I click :

In Calendar :Thumbcal open

In Call history : iContactBE open

How can i do that ?

I'dont arrived for rename calendar.exe :s ( access refused )

Thanks you very much biggrin.gif

Nobody for help me