(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest fenomeno83
Great find kensong, apparently there will be native Flash9 support out by the end of the year, so that will solve many problems.

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

So another M2D version and Lite version? Or do you prefer another interface?

have you read my posts? :lol:

I'd like that you do another lite and full version (but in this full include also setted tcpmp and fring)

Edited by fenomeno83

Guest Barthlon
Great find kensong, apparently there will be native Flash9 support out by the end of the year, so that will solve many problems.

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

oooo hj9, sounds interesting! wonder what happened to 7 and 8 :D

i'm curious if there are any noticable improvements, so i'll check back for your remarks.

i'll also be one of the first to try it if you release a hj9 with manila added. the only thing i want to ask if you can keep the original taskswitcher included, i really enjoy the ease of that with the fingerswiping shortcut.

i have been switching roms and ui's a lot lately and i'm trying to find out what i like the best as interface, but it think a correctly installed and tweaked manila is unbeatable. spb is good, but doesn't merge well with the today screen, it installs "next" to it. also throttlelauncher is waaaay too slow and wad2/3 is too complicated for me (too "configurable").

gotta love manila :lol:

Guest helladios

I would like a tottally stripped version (ultra-lite?). No players of any kind, no editors of any kind, no phonebooks of any kind, no browsers of any kind... and so on! BUT... BUT... with M2D installed!!! (Maybe incorporate my "My Storage" becomes "My Documents" suggestion of before? I have it installed and everything works fine for me.)

Guest helladios

By the way... since I am on this thread, maybe someone knows how to install additional ringtones? I do not want to add a hundred mp3 files in my Windows directory. I would like to add them in a directory and be able to choose from that directory. Is there a registry hack that could make this possible? (Thank you in advance, please do not post "I want the same thing" in this thread... just post if you have a solution.)

while trying to install the rom everything goes fine up until "port create failed" and then the installation stops. how do i remedy this.

got it working thank god.

Guest Barthlon
oooo hj9, sounds interesting! wonder what happened to 7 and 8 :o

i'm curious if there are any noticable improvements, so i'll check back for your remarks.

i'll also be one of the first to try it if you release a hj9 with manila added. the only thing i want to ask if you can keep the original taskswitcher included, i really enjoy the ease of that with the fingerswiping shortcut.

i have been switching roms and ui's a lot lately and i'm trying to find out what i like the best as interface, but it think a correctly installed and tweaked manila is unbeatable. spb is good, but doesn't merge well with the today screen, it installs "next" to it. also throttlelauncher is waaaay too slow and wad2/3 is too complicated for me (too "configurable").

gotta love manila :lol:

ok so now i'm quoting myself, but i can't help myself!

as i stated before my ideal cooked rom would be some sort of mix between your lite edition and your manila edition. it would look something like this:

OMNIA MANILA LITE ROM

BASE ROM:

*DTHJ9 OR LATER

REMOVED:

-samsung today 1 & 2

-samsung widget

-samsung main menu and launcher

-chinese fonts

-digital frame

-google launcher

-windows live launcher (not messenger)

-podcasts

-rss reader

-shozu

-streaming player

-windows update

-windows welcome center

-wm sample music, sample pictures

-wm themes (one left is enough for proper functioning i guess, everyone installs his own theme anyways)

-flashlite 2

-net cf 2

ADDED:

+latest manila2d

+latest manila2d customizer

+flashlite 3

+net cf 3

REST:

i like the default taskswitcher so i like it in

i like the silverinbox (i think the whole "silverline" is nice, clean and fingerfriendly) so i like it in

i don't use the htc dll's so i don't need them in, but i couldn't care less :D

i don't use the uc so i don't need it in, but again, i couldn't care less (well, just a bit, because it is a bit of a buggy tool i think) ;)

maybe if some people can back me up on this proposal... it will become reality? :P

Edited by Barthlon

Guest Vascariz

Do any custom roms out there have Tomtom7 already set up?

I am having so many problems setting up Tomtom7 I would really appreciate if someone could release a rom with it already set up just as in the roms for my HTC Diamond.

Thankies for any info!

Guest midimal

HI!

Great JOB till now- allthough not every application used in your ROM was working either in landscape and portait mode (for example the Mp3 player ist bullshit in landscape mode)

I would prefer the free which is also (for me) better soloution (Better file management! f.e)

Also i would replace those bad MP3s for ALARM! Those from Samsung/MS are simply ugly! (maybe 1 ok)

What about POINT UI as interface? Ist small and fast! They are working currenty on Version 2.0 (soon finished)

http://www.pointui.com/Home.aspx

Ist it also possible to replace the ugly dialer from samsung in something in blue/black colours?

You rock keep going!

Greetings from Hamburgo & rgds midimal

Guest midimal

as i stated before my ideal cooked rom would be some sort of mix between your lite edition and your manila edition. it would look something like this:

OMNIA MANILA LITE ROM

BASE ROM:

*DTHJ9 OR LATER

REMOVED:

-samsung today 1 & 2

-samsung widget

-chinese fonts

-digital frame

-google launcher

-podcasts

-rss reader

-shozu

-streaming player

-windows update

-windows welcome center

-wm themes (one left is enough for proper functioning i guess, everyone installs his own theme anyways)

-flashlite 2

-net cf 2

ADDED:

+latest manila2d

+flashlite 3

+net cf 3

REST:

i like the silverinbox (i think the whole "silverline" is nice, clean and fingerfriendly) so i like it in

i don't use the htc dll's so i don't need them in, but i couldn't care less :lol:

i don't use the uc so i don't need it in, but again, i couldn't care less (well, just a bit, because it is a bit of a buggy tool i think) :D

maybe if some people can back me up on this proposal... it will become reality? ;)

What u have removed it would be my choice

Maybe you could add S2P-Player as default player ! It ist almost perfect and 4free

Edited by midimal

Guest jonboyuk

why is it that when I try to copy the htchome xml file into windows, it won't let me. says something about file in use or i don't have the correct rights.

I have tried turning off the touchflo, rebooting with it closed still and it still won't copy. Hmph. Any ideas?

By the way... since I am on this thread, maybe someone knows how to install additional ringtones? I do not want to add a hundred mp3 files in my Windows directory. I would like to add them in a directory and be able to choose from that directory. Is there a registry hack that could make this possible? (Thank you in advance, please do not post "I want the same thing" in this thread... just post if you have a solution.)

Go to My Storage and make a folder "My Ringtones" and put there what u like from mp3.

If you then to Sounds in Settings u will see that the mp3s are added as ringtones.

Guest ferrari85

I'm currently using M2D02 and i think its a great rom. Spare for landscape support, manila 2d is, i think, the best UI that we can have on our omnia :lol: . So another M2D version will be nice. Apps to include or remove can just follow m2d02, maybe just remove Touch Player (preferably installable as cab) since it seems that many guys either use pocket player or S2P, cabbing it allows pple who needs it to install it, best of both worlds.

Guest golddust

How can I enable Flash Light, I might need it in some emergency case. I go to setting -> button -> flash light tab and tick to enable it, but long press on volume button only adjust the volume. Before I flash to this rom I can use this function

Edited by golddust

Thanks for the suggestions, I will take all into consideration.

I'm currently using M2D02 and i think its a great rom. Spare for landscape support, manila 2d is, i think, the best UI that we can have on our omnia :lol: . So another M2D version will be nice. Apps to include or remove can just follow m2d02, maybe just remove Touch Player (preferably installable as cab) since it seems that many guys either use pocket player or S2P, cabbing it allows pple who needs it to install it, best of both worlds.

Btw, a new version of M2D with landscape support will be out soon, so the new M2D03 will contain that :D I personally cannot wait for that...

How can I enable Flash Light, I might need it in some emergency case. I go to setting -> button -> flash light tab and tick to enable it, but long press on volume button only adjust the volume. Before I flash to this rom I can use this function

Yeah, somehow M2D is not recognised as a "Today" screen by the flashlight control. Hopefully it'll be solved with the new update of M2D.

Guest zipperzam

Yup I would really like this working also

Guest Anfloyd
Do any custom roms out there have Tomtom7 already set up?

I am having so many problems setting up Tomtom7 I would really appreciate if someone could release a rom with it already set up just as in the roms for my HTC Diamond.

Thankies for any info!

Have you checked here for the settings? Works fine for me....

Tomtom Settings on Omnia

Guest Nick5ter

Do not remove the touch player or atleast put it in cab form can it be installed onto the internal storage card?

Edited by Nick5ter

Go to My Storage and make a folder "My Ringtones" and put there what u like from mp3.

If you then to Sounds in Settings u will see that the mp3s are added as ringtones.

You can also browse the ringtones in HTC album and set them as the actual ringtone there.. You can even trim them to occupy less space..

OMNIA MANILA LITE ROM

BASE ROM:

*DTHJ9 OR LATER

REMOVED:

-samsung today 1 & 2

-samsung widget

-chinese fonts

-digital frame

-google launcher

-podcasts

-rss reader

-shozu

-streaming player

-windows update

-windows welcome center

-flashlite 2

-net cf 2

ADDED:

+latest manila2d

+flashlite 3

+net cf 3

REST:

i don't use the htc dll's so i don't need them in, but i couldn't care less :lol:

i don't use the uc so i don't need it in, but again, i couldn't care less (well, just a bit, because it is a bit of a buggy tool i think) :D

maybe if some people can back me up on this proposal... it will become reality? :o

No way I'm backing you up..

- Default task switcher is there as a cab file

- Silver inbox isn't even done yet (buggy as hell) and is not workable

- HTC is very important for some apps (HTC Games and so)

- UC is not buggy at all!

We should keep the rom as light as possible.. Remember... it's not possible to delete but you can add things later on.. Personally I think PaSSoa has listened to everyone and does a great job filtering out the good stuff so I trust this will continue with the next rom too ;)