(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest buyukbang

Personally I do not want a new ROM without too much gain. There should be some convincing reasons for a new ROM. So both you and us don't waste our energy and time for the future :lol:

BTW, I agree removing TouchPlayer and StreamingPlayer is a good idea.

Btw, it's going a little slow with the M2D update 20. Does not seem as stable as update 19 and still does not support landscape. There are also new versions of album and player which I'm still testing.

So the question is, do you want the new HJ9 base ROM with M2D update 19 again, or just hold on till update 20 is stable?

Cheers!

Edited by buyukbang

Guest diverdude

I would like to flash the new ROM!! I love the Manilla 2D and if there is any improvements at all, then I want and NEED the ROM.......I MUST HAVE THE ROM!!!!

I am soooooo addicted to flashing.....I need to flash....I need to play with the new Rom. I need help for my problem, but right now I need to flash this beautiful new piece of Art that was so skillfully built by PaSSoa for all of us to share and explore. ......I will pay, I will donate for all of PaSSoa hard work. Please, the Rom, I need theRom......I......must....have.....the......rom...... :D

thank you........... :lol:

Guest DarkBolt
Hi people, just wanted to inform that while I was performing my final tests for LTE02, I discovered a little workaround in Youtube for videos that show the coloured lines.

All you have to do is to add &fmt=6 behind the address, I did some screenshots to illustrate. It worked for the few videos I tried but if there are any videos that do not work, just report back here to inform the rest.

Thanks PaSSoA, that works for me. :lol:

Also, if anyone else is having a problem with google maps (corrupt text etc) then just install the latest version and all is well again.

Looking forward to the version with landscape M2D and latest firmware. :D . This is the best ROM I have updated to and landscape M2D and the heat build up during active sync etc are the only issues for me now.

Hey PaSSoa i found another nice app for MD2 GUI for setting the volume.

Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395695

It has also some skins and it can be skinnable :lol: ! You just need to set it to startup folder and thats all.

Tested it on my Omnia and works great.

EDIT: Doesnt work so good after reboot :S

You can check it also maybe u know some more

Edited by sector

Guest dark_spice
Update new version in first post. Please report back with any problems.

Cheers!

Ohh my, I'm tempted yet again to flash my ROM. I'm liking the light colored theme and the removal of those removed except Windows Live hehe.. plus I have yet to try and test silverInbox which I would like to.

The only thing keeping me from doing so right now is the time consumed in reinstalling my apps and sorts. Maybe I'll wait for the M2D Landscape, or maybe i'll give in to this in 3, 2, 1... GO. Nonetheless, GREAT job as always!

Question: Can I still use MSN Messenger without Windows Live or are they one and the same or somehow interconnected? As i seemed to think so. :lol:

Edited by dark_spice

Windows live from Omnia ROM is one of the kind. If you downloaded from microsoft website they only have windows live but without messenger. Even the live search from microsoft site is different.

So please PaSSoA, make us the windows live cab from the ROM.

Thanks for great works.

Guest Barthlon
I would like to flash the new ROM!! I love the Manilla 2D and if there is any improvements at all, then I want and NEED the ROM.......I MUST HAVE THE ROM!!!!

I am soooooo addicted to flashing.....I need to flash....I need to play with the new Rom. I need help for my problem, but right now I need to flash this beautiful new piece of Art that was so skillfully built by PaSSoa for all of us to share and explore. ......I will pay, I will donate for all of PaSSoa hard work. Please, the Rom, I need theRom......I......must....have.....the......rom...... :D

thank you........... :lol:

i think you are mentioned in the startpost, you addict! :P

great job passoa, i'm going to flash right away, kinda addicted myself too ;)

congrats with obama btw, for anyone who likes his election :o

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

Liked M2D01, M2D02 was oke, M2D03 love it :lol: Very elegant looks. Just flashed the DTHJ9 light but I will certainly flash this one tonight.

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

Guest amoebax1

Cheers!

yep, it's good looking and a bit more faster.

Problem that I found after flashing this new ROM is that it only reseted once, unlike the previous ones. It seemed that preconfig settings had not been done.

Another thing I like to ask is how can I change the SDautorun setting, in order for me to add more cab. during installation process. Thanks

Happy cooking!!

Windows live from Omnia ROM is one of the kind. If you downloaded from microsoft website they only have windows live but without messenger. Even the live search from microsoft site is different.

So please PaSSoA, make us the windows live cab from the ROM.

Thanks for great works.

Attached below is the Messenger CAB, this is not my file, found it at XDA-Dev so thanks to the original uploader. Please test it and let us know if it works for you.

About M2D03

The Phonebook don't support Chinese~~~& the second page In "M2D" ,Chinese name can't display too!

thx

This ROM does not have a chinese CSC, but I think some users have flashed with a chinese CSC and it works. Those who have done it probably can help you more.

Windows_Live_10.6.0034.0800__Fixed_.zip

HI, PaSSoA.

We are come from china...

The new version of M2D03 rom is the most nice one i have seen...

today, wo flash the rom at the time you posted it...

But.......The Phonebook don't support Chinese~~~& the second page In "M2D" ,Chinese name can't display too!

wo have two I900...and have the same problems...

the new theme, looks very nice!!!

so .can u help me?!!

how to fix the bug????

Guest diverdude

Cheers!

PaSSoA,

Your Rom.....It's a Beautiful Thing !!! Thank you for the Fix and Supporting my Dependency. I somehow knew you would put the Rom out there for all us addicts. You did not disappoint. My promise to donate is on the way.

The rest of you junkies need to take care of our good buddy PaSSoA too. He work's hard for our pleasure, so give it up for the Man who cooks the very best Roms for our Omnia's.

Regards,

Diverdude.......Overjoyed with my Omnia :lol: and my new Rom!!

HI, PaSSoA.

We are come from china...

The new version of M2D03 rom is the most nice one i have seen...

today, wo flash the rom at the time you posted it...

But.......The Phonebook don't support Chinese~~~& the second page In "M2D" ,Chinese name can't display too!

wo have two I900...and have the same problems...

the new theme, looks very nice!!!

so .can u help me?!!

how to fix the bug????

As I mentioned earlier, you have to flash with a chinese CSC, hopefully someone who has done that can help you :lol:

got a tiny little error on startup after the first boot, something with autorun error, just to let you know ;)

I had that too once out of maybe 6 or 7 flashing, hardreset and it ran fine.

Hi,

Can anybody check, please, if office Word is running without problem (open a old .doc file to check that).

Thanks

Please try the officeFIX again and let me know. Thanks.

PaSSoA,

Your Rom.....It's a Beautiful Thing !!! Thank you for the Fix and Supporting my Dependency. I somehow knew you would put the Rom out there for all us addicts. You did not disappoint. My promise to donate is on the way.

The rest of you junkies need to take care of our good buddy PaSSoA too. He work's hard for our pleasure, so give it up for the Man who cooks the very best Roms for our Omnia's.

Regards,

Diverdude.......Overjoyed with my Omnia and my new Rom!!

Thanks Diverdude, it's very encouraging and I appreciate your support :D

Guest Barthlon
I had that too once out of maybe 6 or 7 flashing, hardreset and it ran fine.

i did not do a hard reset yet, but i had some other errors after rom updates before and they all

seem to disappear after a hard reset. i think this was also the first time for me that it didn't hard

reset automaticly on the first boot. normally it did that when i got at the align screen and it said

something about preconfiguration reboot needed, so i guess that has to do with it :lol:

for the rest i think hj9's sensitivity improved, especially around the upperright x. but you also mentioned

in the past that that can be a placebo effect :D

ow jeah, when i press "all programs" in m2d nothing happens, so touchlaunch doesn't launch, but i read

something about that before, so i'll figure it out myself i guess.

thanks again for the great rom.

Guest pp56825

there is already Manilla 2D Customizer v0.20.207 (M2D v20 compatability)

and new M2D 1.0.1823328 HOTFIX for Battery Meter in version 20 of m2d has been post

Edited by pp56825