(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I think Paul's coming version will be with FL3.1 and his version is definitely cleaner than mine, with M2D. Reason why I cooked this is there are many steps to install and customise M2D on the Omnia and it takes up quite alot of memory. So this simplifies the process for those looking for M2D on their Omnia.

Is there any chance of a explanation on what needs editing within htchomesettings.xml in order to enable other skins? many thanks

By the way.. The background for the (not so good looking) communications settings is in /Windows/L_bg.png.. My suggestion is to reflect that to the neutral white theme within manilla (like the back of Audio Manager)? I cannot change the L_bg.png myself, because of the fact that's in rom.

Also.. Maybe it's an idea to use I-Contact instead of the regular contacts? This way I-Contact can be used to add people to the dialer tab. The white theme of I-Contact matches white manilla parts again.. If you set "show taskbar" it intergrates very well! It takes about 260k... It should set itself as the default contacts if not:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

Change "String 1" value from :MSPOUTLOOK contacts to \Windows\icontact.exe

Use the following settings (icontact config) to integrate is perfect:

Skin: White

Show System Taskbar

Exit on Minimize on

Exit on Action on

Looks very cool within manilla (use QVGA Version)!

http://burt.vndv.com/index.php?ind=downloa...view&idev=1

Edited by us1111

Hi, looks like nice piece of work, is there any chance to get other language pack( im from poland and i prefer to use this language).

I'm not too sure about that, is there a polish ROM out? The language settings should be in the csc files.

Is there any chance of a explanation on what needs editing within htchomesettings.xml in order to enable other skins? many thanks

I'm not really an expert in modifying M2D, I too just followed instructions from the M2D customisation thread :D But I think the main things to change are the TabWidget and WeatherWidget

By the way.. The background for the communications settings is in /Windows/L_bg.png.. My suggestion is to reflect that to the white theme within manilla like the back of Audio Manager's? I cannot change the L_bg.png myself, because of the fact that's in rom.

Also.. Maybe it's an idea to use I-Contact instead of the regular contacts? This way I-Contact can be used to add people to the dialer tab. The white theme of I-Contact matches white manilla parts again.. If you set "show taskbar" it intergrates very well! It takes about 260k...

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

Change "String 1" value from :MSPOUTLOOK contacts to \Windows\icontact.exe

Glad you and your wife like the ROM, it was alot of work getting everything to work. I will look into the suggestions for the next version with the latest DTHJ6 build. Give me a few days :lol:

I think Paul's coming version will be with FL3.1 and his version is definitely cleaner than mine, with M2D. Reason why I cooked this is there are many steps to install and customise M2D on the Omnia and it takes up quite alot of memory. So this simplifies the process for those looking for M2D on their Omnia.

Can you upload DTHJ6 just the normal one that secany gave you guys?

no customazations for the rest of us to use, and maybe even try to cook ourselves?

Guest bandyss

i use this i900_M2D01_PaS08 its very cool :lol: Great work.

my question is ,to change the language in German than is it an BIG BIG Great work :-)

Sorry for my English

Can someone give me some tips to change it in German completle ??

Thx

Found another one that integrates nicely with the whole manila look and feel.. TouchLauncher.. It replaces the "All Programs" application with a nice finger friendly and fast application launcher. After ripping all the skins and icon packs (can install them later if you like it) it only takes about 108Kb.. It is really an nice asset to the ROM besides I-Contact I think!

If you strip all themes and icon-packs, you can do with the "simplewhite" themes where you replace all 268 with 348 (to adjust to omnia's height).. It takes the icons from the default ones so it still looks nice. It also has an option to replace folderview.exe which makes it the default program browser (and intergrate with manilla).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ighlight=scroll

no customazations for the rest of us to use, and maybe even try to cook ourselves?

I second this (BTW EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!! ;) :P ). I just want to update the NET Con fig and Flash lite and keep rolling. I have extracted the J1 and J5 ROM's but too chicken to try to remove and replace things without clear instructions :lol: :D . Of course a very clean with cabs and the Flash Lite and NET Con fig pre-done would be welcome too :P :o

Guest Nick5ter

One problem ive noticed this morning while on the way to work :lol:

I use a bluetooth headset and while playing music and putting the phone to sleep?!? locking or just pressing power button on top after a few moments "sometimes" the audio cuts out. this is using the audio manager thing.

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

The weather forcast is way off for me. And yes its on Celsius. In holland it should be around 10 to 15 degrees but instead it shows 20 to 25 degrees. Is the data just incorrect or is there a fault in the conversion from fahrenheit to celsius?

Guest yunsmet

Great ! this is a beautiful and powerful Rom! !

Thx to Mr. PaSSoA!

For many people like me use English Rom but often write message in Chinese,

I do look forward to Chinese font support (best also Japanese fonts) and the input method.

Waiting for NEXT Edition !

I'll have to check with secany, I'm sure he would release it in his thread. Sorry...

Found another one that integrates nicely with the whole manila look and feel.. TouchLauncher.. It replaces the "All Programs" application with a nice finger friendly and fast application launcher. After ripping all the skins and icon packs (can install them later if you like it) it only takes about 108Kb.. It is really an nice asset to the ROM besides I-Contact I think!

If you strip all themes and icon-packs, you can do with the "simplewhite" themes where you replace all 268 with 348 (to adjust to omnia's height).. It takes the icons from the default ones so it still looks nice. It also has an option to replace folderview.exe which makes it the default program browser (and intergrate with manilla).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ighlight=scroll

Looks very nice, I'll try integrating this with iContact in the next version.

I second this (BTW EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!! ;) :P ). I just want to update the NET Con fig and Flash lite and keep rolling. I have extracted the J1 and J5 ROM's but too chicken to try to remove and replace things without clear instructions :lol: :D . Of course a very clean with cabs and the Flash Lite and NET Con fig pre-done would be welcome too :D

Thanks for the comments, I have posted some step by step instructions, so give it a little try if you want. Start small first by removing and adding small items, then go big by removing complete apps :o

One problem ive noticed this morning while on the way to work :P

I use a bluetooth headset and while playing music and putting the phone to sleep?!? locking or just pressing power button on top after a few moments "sometimes" the audio cuts out. this is using the audio manager thing.

I'm sorry I can't test this as I do not use BT headsets, anyone else can help verify this. Thanks.

The weather forcast is way off for me. And yes its on Celsius. In holland it should be around 10 to 15 degrees but instead it shows 20 to 25 degrees. Is the data just incorrect or is there a fault in the conversion from fahrenheit to celsius?

May be an issue with Accuweather, I'll try to check it out.

Passoa,

can you release PhotoSlides as a cab, or maybe you know where to find it?

You can try here, courtesy of Dr.Dot, I think he will be adding more. You can check out his Black Diamond custom ROM thread for more info.

For those asking for languages, I'll try to see if I can get the relevant csc language files and maybe have separate versions, but I think it would be unlikely as M2D does not like other languages too.

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest mj_blue

Flashlite not working for me..

I still can't get youtube to work, If i browse there I still get the error message about either Javascript is turned off or an old version of adobes flash player.. The Rom install seemed to work okay so what am I doing wrong? How can I check that flashlite is installed ok??

Thanks for any help

Mark

Is it possible to extract update firmware for IMPROVE USB charging like discussed in this thread--> XKHJ3 ROM in the next update?

Perhaps, can include Obexinbox hack, LockScreen Incoming Call and auto rotate to Potrait Hack, SMTPmail fix. too

Anyway great works on flashlite3 and opera. Anything removed (especially Window Live, Live Search, task manager, Smart Reader, PodCast, RSSreader, chinese SIP, in my opinion should have the cab where user can have option to reinstall it)

Is it possible to include Animated weather icon in M2D?

I still can't get youtube to work, If i browse there I still get the error message about either javascript is turned off or an old version of adobes flash player.. The Rom install seemed to work okay so what am I doing wrong? How can I check that flashlite is installed ok??

Thanks for any help

Mark

No problems here.. Youtube works realy well.. You just browse to www.youtube.com and select the desktop version of the site?

I found 1 minor thing:

- Cannot start wifi settings manager from comm-manager

Edited by us1111

Guest Nick5ter

I still can't get youtube to work, If i browse there I still get the error message about either javascript is turned off or an old version of adobes flash player.. The Rom install seemed to work okay so what am I doing wrong? How can I check that flashlite is installed ok??

Thanks for any help

Mark

you need to change your connection settings. I think its set to wap by default and needs to be set to internet or just to automatic.

Guest MikeTay

The internet works well on wifi. However trying to play youtube there is a problem with the connection settings. It tries to connect by gprs and prompt that the connection settings is wrong. Can someone be kind enough to enlighten on the correct settings.

Thanks for the great ROM and all the hard work put in.

The internet works well on wifi. However trying to play youtube there is a problem with the connection settings. It tries to connect by gprs and prompt that the connection settings is wrong. Can someone be kind enough to enlighten on the correct settings.

Maybe: All Settings -> Connections -> Browser Connection -> Auto/Internet

Ensure that the Automatically Detect Settings are checked under connections in Opera, if not it'll try to to connect via GPRS...

Guest Master Gee

I must say this is a great ROM. Manila is a big improvement to SPB shell i had earlier!

Here is a list of bugs i ran in to:

- The youtube link under the internet tab doesn't work.

- start/settings doesn't work after using "all settings" (as earlier mentioned by Passoa)

- "all programs" button worked once and then "dissapeared" to the background making it impossible to re-activa that menu. (fixed after a soft reset)

- in the today screen the alarm is "off" even though it's set (using the WM alarm).

- opening the windows directory in file explorer takes ages (probably due to the big amount of files placed in this directory)

Finally i have two request:

- Is it possible to get a cab file of windows live. (or an alternative way to check my hotmail account)

- Is it possible to go to the samsung phonebook when you press the "all persons" button. The Samsung phonebook is moore fingerfriendly then the current WM contacts menu.

PaSSoA keep up the good work!!

I must say this is a great ROM. Manila is a big improvement to SPB shell i had earlier!

Here is a list of bugs i ran in to:

- The youtube link under the internet tab doesn't work.

- start/settings doesn't work after using "all settings" (as earlier mentioned by Passoa)

- "all programs" button worked once and then "dissapeared" to the background making it impossible to re-activa that menu. (fixed after a soft reset)

- in the today screen the alarm is "off" even though it's set (using the WM alarm).

- opening the windows directory in file explorer takes ages (probably due to the big amount of files placed in this directory)

Finally i have two request:

- Is it possible to get a cab file of windows live. (or an alternative way to check my hotmail account)

- Is it possible to go to the samsung phonebook when you press the "all persons" button. The Samsung phonebook is moore fingerfriendly then the current WM contacts menu.

PaSSoA keep up the good work!!

For youtube you can install YouTubeQVGA 1_5_1819_1531.and.mHubVO but still u cannot play videos so for me it is unnecessary to install it. I will try to edit and have there CorePlayer instead of YouTube which also plays videos or even youtubeplayer.

I will post the settings asap im done with it.

For 'all programs' had the same problem after a hard reset it is fixed, so dont know. :lol:

For alarms your right even in samsung clock doesnt show, before i was using it and it was ok.

Windows directory contains tons of files so yes it is a bit slow. I use resco explorer very fast tbh in any directory and finger friendly.

Thanks for the bugs report! I will look into it for the next version. The youtube link should open the HTC youtube program which doesn't work on the Omnia, anyway, you should be able to view the videos directly through Opera :lol:

Edit: Anyone else having program for All Programs? Mine seem to work fine...

Edited by PaSSoA